Author Topic: WWI fighter MG convergence  (Read 312 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
WWI fighter MG convergence
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »
Any reason why machine gun convergence on the WWI birds cant be adjusted?

IDK if they were able to be adjusted IRL, but I figured they could have been. 
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: WWI fighter MG convergence
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »
I think it might be because there right in the center of the plane next to each other, not much moving you can do with them, WW2 planes had them separated pretty far apart on each wing.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »
True, but even WWII planes with cowling guns (e.g. the SBD, zero, and fw190) can be converged.

Heck, even the JU88 has a pilot operated MG that can be adjusted and thats about as usefull as taking a chihuahua duck hunting.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »
They must have had a way to point them, no doubt.
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:15:14 AM »
This is the dawn of air wars......

At this point in time I'm pretty sure they set them straight, made sure they were synchronized and went on with their day. 

Also, as HTC staff has mentioned several times, the best way to take your foe down is to kill the pilot.  Using a converging bullet stream would most likely do less damage than you might think.  2 bullets pass through the same hole in the canvas or linen.........  Big deal.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.