Author Topic: Down in flames?  (Read 1377 times)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Down in flames?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 08:15:41 PM »
Ah wow  :O you guys need help.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »
And just to add a little more epic, if you bail over water you should be able to do tricks eg; 3 and a half turn pike

"Triple Lindy"  Rodney-style.  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »
Looked at Cntr-D and FUEL FIRE is there, but I think the code to start a fire is set to too low a percentile chance or damage level, or whatever determines it. I see a lot of fuel leaks but nobody is ever on fire. There have been issues in the past, like the Mossie, where fuel hits produced too common a fire, but this is set too low for WW1 planes.
Weren't WWI tracers smoke rounds, rather than tracers that emitted light? I do know that there were incendiary rounds, but what did they look like?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Avanti

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 02:20:49 AM »
"Triple Lindy"  Rodney-style.  :D

Yes!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 08:41:42 AM »
I noticed none of the WW1 a/c burn. Seems very odd, but I know its "early days yet"...fuel hits should be bad.  ;)

i thought this too at first squire,  that was until I sent a poor chap down in flames (he was in an F2B)

sizzle sizzle wonk!!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 10:33:32 AM »
Seems there are fires, but im questioning the coding re the frequency. I have seen a LOT of a/c go down in the WW1 Arena at this point, and maybe one? that was on fire, despite seeing many fuel tank hits, ect. All the bullets my own crates have taken, not a single fire so far. I just run out of gas. Even the self sealing tanks in the WW2 a/c in AH do catch fire, and I think the WW1 planes catch fire even less than those despite having no self sealing tanks or armor.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
Seems there are fires, but im questioning the coding re the frequency. I have seen a LOT of a/c go down in the WW1 Arena at this point, and maybe one? that was on fire, despite seeing many fuel tank hits, ect. All the bullets my own crates have taken, not a single fire so far. I just run out of gas. Even the self sealing tanks in the WW2 a/c in AH do catch fire, and I think the WW1 planes catch fire even less than those despite having no self sealing tanks or armor.

I do agree squire, i feel more people should burn to death than where it is currently at.   

I will experiment in sloppy shooting and try and target fuel tanks rather than the headshot.  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »
Fixed in patch 2. Very 1st kill post patch was a flamer. Great work HTC  :aok  :salute
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:15:16 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Since patch 4 we seem to be back to very few fires? Thread needs to be in Bug Reports, my apologies for putting it here, but I thought reply rather than a new thread.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24