Author Topic: I see some problems with WW1  (Read 4053 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: I see some problems with WW1
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
Will be on in a few hours, looking for Skuzzy  :D (prob wont end well for me, see sig for details  ;))

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
As I recall, I have been killed by you, twice while I have zero kills on you.

I am the worst pilot in the game, but it does not stop me from having fun.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
Strip, if you fly out into the middle (No Man's Land) and call out for 1 v 1s I think you'll get what you want.

I've seen guys doing that every night and they seem satisfied.

Toad flying out to the center doesn't always work. I have had 1v1 fights interrupted there, by both friendlies (even when I asked them to stay out) and baddies. Granted it is rare but it does happen. I've also seen groups try to ambush you on the way out to the center.

Strip it isn't always gang or be ganged. Some of the best furballs I've ever had have been in the WW1 arenas. The pure chaos is exhilarating, The fact that you can take hits and keep fighting means I almost never land any kills, but it sure is fun.  

It's true that people need to learn how to look at the roster and move to the low number side. I don't know how you get them to forget about their silly chess piece loyalty, but that would be a move in the right direction.

Just to clarify a furball is roughly equal numbers of red and green going at it. A gang bang is a group (three, but usually more) on a lone enemy.  

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »
Errrr, that was a fluke Skuzzy - and yep, I have fun every single time I fly, fight, or die.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »
Toad flying out to the center doesn't always work. I have had 1v1 fights interrupted there, by both friendlies (even when I asked them to stay out) and baddies. Granted it is rare but it does happen. I've also seen groups try to ambush you on the way out to the center.

I'm sure that is true but you have a much better chance of finding the 1 v 1 out there. It works more often than not?

Of course, as the win-t3h-warr folks are always suggesting to people that just like to fight, there is always the DA.

Anyone looking soley and exclusively for 1 v 1 action always has the DA option. That is its purpose.

I don't think any other arena can guarantee pure 1 v 1s, do you?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »
There is NO arena that can guarantee an uninterrupted 1v1.  You just do your best to find a spot and hope everyone else respects it.  What goes around, comes around.  People will find this out...eventually.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:48 AM »
Don't get me wrong I still fly out to nml when I'm looking for a 1v1. I also move on when there are two or more friendlies on a single bogie. I also try to fight my way out of every situation that I encounter no matter how lopsided the odds. There are people though that want to get a kill no matter what the circumstance.

I'm still having a blast in WW1, and seem to be able to find something that I enjoy. Sometimes though I do have to move to another arena.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
Strip, if you fly out into the middle (No Man's Land) and call out for 1 v 1s I think you'll get what you want.

I've seen guys doing that every night and they seem satisfied.

It really depends on who's on for calling out a 1v1 in no man's land.  Last night when I logged on there were only 3 other Knits, Bish and Rookies were fighting each other for the most part so I asked anyone if they wanted a 1v1 in middle of map.  I show up and so did the Rookie hord, I had asked for a 1v1 and got a 5v1 instead.  At one point in the night, each Knit would have at least 4-5 guys on his six.  I flew on the fringes and managed to find a 1v1 but that soon turned into a 2v1, which then quickly progressed to a 4v1 and finally culminated into a 6v1 fight. 

Some just don't like to fight unless they have the safety in numbers.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »
Its meant to make you wait 5 minutes.  I suppoze its good if you need to get a bite to eat, have a smoke or take a piss.
OR a DUMP
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!