Author Topic: Compass  (Read 595 times)

Offline 1Longbow

• Zinc Member
Compass
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
Regarding the compass... I find it most disturbing that the compass is divided into 6 degree increments instead of 5 degrees as is a real compass.  Was this an oversight or because of resolution problems?  I know that it would require a lot of rework on the graphics, so I don't expect to see that changed anytime soon...

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: Compass
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:11:20 PM »
     Something tells me this guy is going to have a longer than normal learning curve in the MA :D
It's good to have so much time to sweat the small stuff  :aok
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:46 PM »
To be fair, it WOULD be easier to read your heading when it's not on one of the numbered increments if they were in 5 degree intervals. As minor as it is, and annoying as his other requests are, I DO have to give this a +1.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
     Something tells me this guy is going to have a longer than normal learning curve in the MA :D

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 11:29:35 PM »

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »
Regarding the compass... I find it most disturbing that the compass is divided into 6 degree increments instead of 5 degrees as is a real compass.  Was this an oversight or because of resolution problems?

What airplane are you talking about? And are you referring to the actual compass or the heading indicator?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 03:21:11 AM »
I think he's talking about the compass. I usually just pop my map up, that being faster  since I don't have the compass positions memorized.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »
compare this compass for p38 with the one is aces high. same deal

http://www.flightmemories.com/p398/P-38-Lightning-Radio-Magnetic-Compass-Indicator,-10061-1A-B1/product_info.html

Actually, those hash marks are in segments of 2, which is STILL easier to read than our compass....
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Glider

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 09:56:26 AM »
And it still turns backwards.

Pat "Glider"