Author Topic: When using vehicals causes system crash  (Read 255 times)

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
When using vehicals causes system crash
« on: March 14, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »
When I use gvs with no ryhme or reason it causes my whole system to crash. I can use LVTs from ships no probs and Planes no probs but with gvs it just causes puter to crash and restart. Any ideas???

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: When using vehicals causes system crash
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »
custom sound pack? Maybe you have a sound file thats corrupted and when it plays it will cause a crash like that.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »
I had the same thing happening to me awhile back.  I had a set of gaming headphones (USB-LTB Brand) which apparently had two different hardware versions that looked identical and shared the same part numbers, but would install the incorrect drivers.  I had the older hardware revision, but the drivers available through their website had the drivers for the newer hardware revision.

XP would load these drivers just fine, and the headphones would work flawlessly, EXCEPT random hard locks while in a GV sometimes in AH.  It never would do it in an aircraft, and GV issues seemed to happen in an M3 more often than any other (especially when shutting down the engine), but it could happen at any time with any GV.  Seems like a certain sound would trigger it.

Anyway, after doing a lot of research and finding a backdoor into LTB's FTP site, I eventually found the correct drivers and this fixed the issue.  This all started happening after a fresh reinstall of XP.  Apparently when I originally got the headphones, I installed the drivers off of the disk, but awhile later when I reinstalled XP,  the disk was gone (I almost never hold on to original drivers disks) and I downloaded what I figured was 'newer and better' off of their website anyway... Apparently that wasn't the case LOL.

I've since replaced those headphones with a Turtle Beach set about a year ago after I ran over the cord one too many times with the chair (and those little tiny wires are impossible to properly repair).

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:21:31 PM »
Thanks funny thing is I have not had any problems till a an update about 5 updates ago...I forget which one it had to be in late Oct middle of Nov and poof everything starts fine then crash doesn't matter which vehical or what I am doing. I feel there is some kind of conflict with my video card but I have no way of knowing...