Author Topic: AVA ww1 arena  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Re: AVA ww1 arena
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »
Well I see we also differ on computer equipment and its ability, your stating something as fact doesn't make it so Gyrene much as you would like to make it that way.  You can state till the cows come home that higher rez makes it more diffcult but if that is so why are people so hep to get higher rez??? Definition perhaps? Clearer shapes? the list goes on.  Make your points but please don't tell me how I am "better served", my opinion is as good as yours and it is just that MY opinion.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 02:48:50 PM »
Never fear The game will never not ever go o icons totally. That would never happen. First off it wouldn't be fair to those like your are having eye site issues also newer pilots learning  icons are necessary. I think allowing an alternate arena so pepole could at least have a choice of how and were the wish to fly is ok diversity is a good thing.  :cheers:

Your fallacy is in assuming "no icons" is an ideal state, one worth aspiring to.

You maintian an opinion it is a crutch, a gimick for the lesser skilled, the "beginners" -- this is also false. I do support your right to ask for it, but I will disagree with you when you phrase it in these ways.

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2010, 02:55:21 PM »
hehehe - just stopped by for a midafternoon break and sure enuff some of ya at it hammer n' tong :lol

IMHO both of you, Gyrene/Boxboy, are right to a degree - you're just not seeing the other side

My system saw a big benefit from Gyrne's position about graphics - I had to step my resolution WAY down in order to play the game and I saw a decidedly signifigant increase in dot size - making it easier to spot enemas (and yes - i do spell enemies in AH like this)  at a greater distance. It was Gyrene personally who pointed me there (thank you very much sir)

Likewise I had a major increase in kills some years ago (Boxboy's position) when I was able to afford a 17" screen to replace my 15"er(about a 35% increase in kills) What happened was that all those enemas at a distance quit being just a roundish blob and took on the shape of wings/tail/pointy front end - THIS was hugely important in deciding what ACM to go to next. Now I find on my 19" I can see enema orientation a long way out beyond what I could before.

NO!! - it' a breath mint!!  NO it's a candy mint!!
YER both right dudes. :rofl

SO CHILL >>>> filled whipped cream cans at 3 feet - SHOOT IT OUT!!
Now lick each other off and shake hands!! :devil

....cheers eh!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:04:37 PM by Wreked »
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2010, 02:59:43 PM »
  :rofl it's all in the perspective  :O
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2010, 03:23:29 PM »
Well I see we also differ on computer equipment and its ability, your stating something as fact doesn't make it so Gyrene much as you would like to make it that way.  You can state till the cows come home that higher rez makes it more diffcult but if that is so why are people so hep to get higher rez??? Definition perhaps? Clearer shapes? the list goes on.  Make your points but please don't tell me how I am "better served", my opinion is as good as yours and it is just that MY opinion.
Again sir...merely stating fact...not once did I mention one has an advantage over the other or one is more difficult than the other...that is and was you making the assertions.

Since you asked...high resolution monitors are in demand mainly for smoother picture/graphics rendering...more dots per square inch means the dots are smaller and that creates a smoother picture...it is akin to the difference between a picture from a 3 megapixel camera vs a 12 megapixel camera...that 3 megapixel camera would render a grainy photo in 8x10 but not bad at 3x5 where the 12 megapixel camera would render very nice pictures all the way up to poster size before it gets grainy.

Here's my purse, now it's you're turn to swing it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:26:24 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »
Your fallacy is in assuming "no icons" is an ideal state, one worth aspiring to.

You maintian an opinion it is a crutch, a gimick for the lesser skilled, the "beginners" -- this is also false. I do support your right to ask for it, but I will disagree with you when you phrase it in these ways.

I never will understand why so many people spend so much time debating an arena 99% don't fly in.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 11:37:36 PM »
and if those who spent as much time they did complaining about the same said arena, it'll be 50-100 pilots all day, all night.   :bolt:
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »
I never will understand why so many people spend so much time debating an arena 99% don't fly in.

:lol  Maybe if what they don;t like about it went away, they would be flying in it?  I know, I know, crazy talk  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 08:46:20 AM »
had a blast in there last night. New setup now. join the fun folks. its different. decide for yourself if its for you or not. its not for everyone, but some might like it. if you find me in there, feel free to take me on! im in there most night.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 11:19:12 AM »
:lol  Maybe if what they don;t like about it went away, they would be flying in it?  I know, I know, crazy talk  :lol

Proven time and again to be false.  They just find another reason not to like it.

- oldman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 11:21:45 AM »
You can't please all the people all the time, and if you try too you don't please any of the people.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 09:38:32 PM »

Oh do fill me in on what "they" want.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
The part about no icons is that, if there isn't an icon on the plane, it isn't a friendly.  :lol

I'm interested as well.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »
Just so you know, we did try no icons at all, there was only 1 complaint about it. it was a blast, but it was done in the midway map and there were only japanese and navy planes and one base, so it wasnt too hard to figure out who the enemy was. the hard part was trying to check 6 squaddies because you couldnt identify who was who.

no icons might be done periodically, but NOT on a permanent basis.

the No Enemy Icons on the other hand is working out great. people are having fun with it and thats all that counts. when that changes, the AVA will change with it.