Author Topic: Tired of bomb****s while your in your GV?  (Read 2956 times)

Offline ronwood06

• Zinc Member
Tired of bomb****s while your in your GV?
« on: March 17, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »
Who else thinks we should do away with the GV icons so we can enjoy a gv battle. Its way to easy to locate  GVs from the air. How can we change this?

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Re: Tired of bomb****s while your in your GV?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »
I think you need to keep up your SA and watch the Tigers sniping you from yr corners.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
<--- professional bomb****

ide still spot ya without an icon :D
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:00:04 PM »

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline ronwood06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
I think you need to keep up your SA and watch the Tigers sniping you from yr corners.
Thats Good advice, I will take it to heart. TY wolfala
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:02:47 PM by ronwood06 »

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
Thats easy man just go into options and change your icon color to the same color as the terrain use the eyedropper tool in photoshop or something to find out the color of the terrain hey presto you disappear!  Its a bit gamey I'll admit but how else can you enjoy GV battles?  :salute

Offline ronwood06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »
Thats easy man just go into options and change your icon color to the same color as the terrain use the eyedropper tool in photoshop or something to find out the color of the terrain hey presto you disappear!  Its a bit gamey I'll admit but how else can you enjoy GV battles?  :salute
Wow wasnt awear that you can change your own icon color so that the enemy see's the color you choose..  Do I understand you correctly?

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 10:55:27 PM »
Nice shot of GV's under attack. I hate when I get bombed. But I love to bomb em. So screw it. WIN-WIN, LOSE-LOSE. You pays yer money u takes your chances. :old:
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline ronwood06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:05:43 PM »
Nice shot of GV's under attack. I hate when I get bombed. But I love to bomb em. So screw it. WIN-WIN, LOSE-LOSE. You pays yer money u takes your chances. :old:
Your have a good additude about it, but all im saying is lose the Icon and it would change the game for the better.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »
Your have a good additude about it, but all im saying is lose the Icon and it would change the game for the better.
The icon matters not if your PC is up to speed. Gv's stand out a long ways off before icons are even seen.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 11:28:24 PM »
Wow wasnt awear that you can change your own icon color so that the enemy see's the color you choose..  Do I understand you correctly?

You can't...

As far locating and locking on to a GV I think it's hard even with icons.  It'd probably be easier if we could use our real eyes.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 11:36:38 PM »
You can't...

As far locating and locking on to a GV I think it's hard even with icons.  It'd probably be easier if we could use our real eyes.

Good video card makes it pretty easy to find'um either way.. Bombs away  :rock

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »

Not really, visuals are very good when you have a good video card, running the hires pack and HD monitors( thought we didnt see ya picking yer nose in that Panzer did ya lol ), remove the icons and they will still find you via Tracer rounds, from your Main and MG guns, doubt you'd turn those off, then you guys couldn't hit anything lol   :salute  :bolt:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:58:21 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »

QFT
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 12:03:55 AM »
So long as vehicles shoot at fighters having a fight over head, they can suck it up when they are bombed while fighting on the ground.  Tonight the only hits I took in my Ki-84 were 7.92mm hits from a Tiger I that was under the spot I was fighting a Typhoon.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-