Author Topic: 175 kills?!?!  (Read 2058 times)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: 175 kills?!?!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »
I wonder why somebody would "worry" enough about the number of kills to post it on the message boards.  :rolleyes:
It's not being posted to be like, wow look how uber this guy is getting that many kills, it was more like this is funny.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
It's not being posted to be like, wow look how uber this guy is getting that many kills, it was more like this is funny.

I took it more as "look this guy is cheating!"

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:37 PM »
Grizz couldn't even land a 100.  :rolleyes:
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 10:22:07 PM »
Fugitive, it seems you take everything that doesn't contribute to the game in any way shape or form as a whine, complaint, or accusation of cheating. But thats just what I've observed over several months, so I could be wrong.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2010, 11:17:45 PM »
Fugitive, it seems you take everything that doesn't contribute to the game in any way shape or form as a whine, complaint, or accusation of cheating. But thats just what I've observed over several months, so I could be wrong.

:cry
frogs are people too

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »

And 90% of the posts made on these boards are just that, whines, complaints, or accusations of cheating. With my posts, I try to point out how little THOSE posts mean in the game.

Someone whines about their GV getting bombed, thats why you have buddies who drive ostys and wirbles...for protection.
Someone whines about shooting thru the hills, learn how to park your GV to advantage.
Someone whines about about having a gunner in their buff that sucks, gun your own plane.
Someone whines about somebody landing 157 kills in an F6, lucky him! the important part of that was did he have fun? my guess is he laughed his butt off as I have done when it happened to me a couple of times.

See what I'm saying, most things really aren't worth complaining about. Most can be taken care of by those doing the complaining IF they just put a bit of time and effort into what they are doing. Last night a "kid" was complaining about not getting any "check 6's". Easy solution, practice checking your own 6 every second or two and you live longer.

Your still new here and everything still looks nice and shiny to you. If you stick around long enough you'll start to see the stains on this game, and the rot that is undermining the poor game play. This game is awesome with a ton of challenges to over come as well as challenges in game play itself. The human element is what "should" make this game never ending and different each flight, because no 2 people will approach a fight or use a tactic, or strategy in the same way. Most of todays players have the need of instant gratification so won't spend the time to get better at the game and just follow the crowd instead. These are the same people who complain about petty things on these boards because they "believe" they are getting ahead of then in the game.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
And thats the point I'm trying to make. Those that worry about score worry about this crap. Score is very easily manipulated and is a marker of nothing but how well a person can tweak his score. This game use to be about getting in a fight and shooting the other guy down and then limping home in your beat up plane, or going head to head with another squad and fighting over a base for hours and logging off pleasantly exhausted from such a battle.

Today too many people worry about their scores as well as everyone elses.  :(

Sometimes people find enjoyment in the competition. We can't all be wired the exact same way.
It's not wrong to find pleasure in landing a couple of kills. Doesn't mean there wasn't pleasure in attaining the kills as well.

The scoring system in Aces high is wack though so people shouldn't be concerned with it.

and if someone was getting 175 kills by cheating then YOU SHOULD BE CONCERNED.. whether you care about score/kills or not.. because if someone is cheating then it's gonna effect your gameplay.

I get as tired of "purists" as I do of pacerr type players.

You can balance it you know...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:33:57 AM by RumbleB »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »
I wonder why somebody would "worry" enough about the number of kills to post it on the message boards.  :rolleyes:

Oh please.  You don't see where someone landing 175 kills would be curious?   :rolleyes:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »
I can see where you're coming from, but telling someone to learn to possition their GV is just telling someone to game the game. As a GV'er, it can be verry annoying when someone's in a tiger with his barrel and sights though a hill, and camping the spawn, yet offering no shot at himself.

And I hate those "thanks for the check 6 guys!!!!" players as well. If they're to lazy to check 6, its their own damn fault when a Hurricane Mk1 shoots their wing off.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
And I hate those "thanks for the check 6 guys!!!!" players as well. If they're to lazy to check 6, its their own damn fault when a Hurricane Mk1 shoots their wing off.

I guess I am confused, you hate guys that thank you when you give them a check 6?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »
I guess I am confused, you hate guys that thank you when you give them a check 6?

No, some players give a sarcastic h8 filled response of 'THX FOR THE CHECK6!!!"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »
Oh please.  You don't see where someone landing 175 kills would be curious?   :rolleyes:

Curious, sure, but unimportant as well. It's not important to me how many any one else lands. Whether they "cheat"  :rolleyes: game the game, are are the best cartoon pilot there ever was, it's not going to make me any better or any worst a player. Nor will it mess with my enjoyment of the game... unless they ARE the best cartoon pilot and I keep running into him  :D

Rumble,

This game is all about competition, unfortunately a lot of people believe that means to have the "bestest" score, or land the biggest number of kills. Were as the competition should be on the fight whether thats in a plane a GV or a mission grabbing a base.

Nemisis,

positioning a tank isn't gaming the game. It's know where to park to have a good angle to deflect shots off your hull, as well as using the terrain to hide your tank from likely tank shots. Kilz tried to teach me a few things, but I'm much like his tank...too thick to get it  :D I understand the pricables, but have a hard time putting them into practice. 

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 03:28:24 PM »
Everyone remember's the 400 kills guy. lol
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
Nemisis,

positioning a tank isn't gaming the game. It's know where to park to have a good angle to deflect shots off your hull, as well as using the terrain to hide your tank from likely tank shots. Kilz tried to teach me a few things, but I'm much like his tank...too thick to get it  :D I understand the pricables, but have a hard time putting them into practice.

Srry sir, I thought you meant that they too should learn how to get their barrel and sight through a hill, but not their hull. And does the game modle the angle of armor? Or is it the same thickess regardless of if its at 90degrees, or 30 degrees?

It seems to vary at time: I've hit a T-34/76 from on top of a hill so my shells were landing flat against his armor, but every damn shot was a richochet.

And I've taken 7 hits dead on in a panzer, yet when the armor would be sloped (turn my hull so that the side is slightly exposed, creating a slope. Think of an Isosceles triangle, is it thickest facing the vertex angle, or on one of the sides?), I've gotten instant killed by a T-34/76 at 1500 yds out.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »
nemesis its like what you said. the angle doesnt matter in game. hit the T34 dead on in the armor and it will ping still
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy