Author Topic: 175 kills?!?!  (Read 2067 times)

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Re: 175 kills?!?!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 09:58:58 AM »
I wonder why somebody would "worry" enough about the number of kills to post it on the message boards.  :rolleyes:

Well you have to admit that it is a little out of the ordinary, with the exception of somebody vultching a second account.  I would think that most would assume that it was somebody doing just that to pad their score as it's been exposed many times and that would be the most common reason for somebody to "worry enough" about it.  But knowing BushLT as I have for many years, I would have known that it had to be a BUG.  Oh and lo and behold... BushLT posted about the thing in the BUGS forum and is where the original post on this should have been posted anyways.

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »
Well you have to admit that it is a little out of the ordinary, with the exception of somebody vultching a second account.  I would think that most would assume that it was somebody doing just that to pad their score as it's been exposed many times and that would be the most common reason for somebody to "worry enough" about it.  But knowing BushLT as I have for many years, I would have known that it had to be a BUG.  Oh and lo and behold... BushLT posted about the thing in the BUGS forum and is where the original post on this should have been posted anyways.

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1

And thats the point I'm trying to make. Those that worry about score worry about this crap. Score is very easily manipulated and is a marker of nothing but how well a person can tweak his score. This game use to be about getting in a fight and shooting the other guy down and then limping home in your beat up plane, or going head to head with another squad and fighting over a base for hours and logging off pleasantly exhausted from such a battle.

Today too many people worry about their scores as well as everyone elses.  :(

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 10:38:41 AM »
It's a good thing this did happen to BushLt and not some 2week guy. Could you imagine the upheaval?!  :lol The witch hurt would be on and a lengthy investigation into who this guy is would ensue.  :lol

The poor guy would think we're all nuts and never return to play again.  :eek:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 10:43:36 AM »
It's a good thing this did happen to BushLt and not some 2week guy. Could you imagine the upheaval?!  :lol The witch hurt would be on and a lengthy investigation into who this guy is would ensue.  :lol

The poor guy would think we're all nuts and never return to play again.  :eek:

haha

145695 Landed 178 kills in a Spitfire XVI

WHAT!?!?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »
If anyone could do it Bush could.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »
If you look up Bush's stats you'll see, sure enough, he has 171 kills on stiletto in the gunner position.   :lol

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 12:03:02 PM »
And thats the point I'm trying to make. Those that worry about score worry about this crap. Score is very easily manipulated and is a marker of nothing but how well a person can tweak his score. This game use to be about getting in a fight and shooting the other guy down and then limping home in your beat up plane, or going head to head with another squad and fighting over a base for hours and logging off pleasantly exhausted from such a battle.

Today too many people worry about their scores as well as everyone elses.  :(

I have to agree with ya 100% about worrying about score!  Besides channel 200 in this game, Score is the next worst thing in here.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
Grizz couldn't even land a 100.  :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
This game use to be about getting in a fight and shooting the other guy down and then limping home in your beat up plane, or going head to head with another squad and fighting over a base for hours and logging off pleasantly exhausted from such a battle.

Today too many people worry about their scores as well as everyone elses.  :(

Being curious... what time are you referring to when you say it "used to be" different than today?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »
Grizz couldn't even land a 100.  :rolleyes:

You shush, it will be done :)

Toughest part is most fights seem to only have a lifespan of about an hour.  It takes about 4-5 hours to do.   :(

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »
You shush, it will be done :)

Toughest part is most fights seem to only have a lifespan of about an hour.  It takes about 4-5 hours to do.   :(

And your the person to do it thats for sure, always fun to watch grizz and company play
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 01:35:37 PM »
rare buff gunner bug that seems to be still around.

BushLT was talking about it w/ me on 200 before he landed.
Word, he said so on 200. Nothing else to say but wtg LtBush. That gunner got owned!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:39:51 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »
. That gunner got owned!

LOL!  1337pwn
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »
Being curious... what time are you referring to when you say it "used to be" different than today?

oh around tour 25-35 maybe. I had come over from AW and a good pile of my squad (444th Air Mafia) had come over as well. Squad nights were twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday, getting a different group of mobster each night (not all could make one night or the other, so we had two. Imagine that accommodating things for squadmates. Now its be at squad night or else, and don't switch sides or else  :rolleyes: ) We would run base capture missions using buffs AND fighters, sometimes GVs all in co-ordination. Or we would defend assigning some folks to GVs and others for hvy fighters to hit ammo or break spawn camps to get defenders out. everyone followed orders and we switched it up some nobody got stuck doing things they didn't have FUN doing.

We would fight many different squads widowmakers comes to mind, but they may have been in AW but they were a tuff fight. LTARS where unbelievable back then. When they hooked up with an air group it was a heck of a fight all night to hold them off.  12 guys up for squad night was a big night. If we were rolling bases we would split and have a group (3 -4) deack and kill ammo at one base while the rest of us worked on taking a different base making 2 battles. It didn't matter how many bases you took, it was the fight for the base that was a blast. Covering your squadmates butt and trying to get everyone back to base was the ultimate in teamwork.

Today its everyone up in xxxx plane and kill the town and vulch the field. Great plan, great tactics. Secondary mission is to regroup if they defend and we will hit a base on the other side of the map  :rolleyes:

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »
100 A2A kills in a single sortie would be a huge feat for sure.

Make sure you record it.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."