Author Topic: Loose lips, guys  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2000, 08:56:00 AM »

LOL ! Suuuuuure! I traced his IP Spitboy, thanks for the laugh! Show me the text where I called him a moron...people know me better than that! That's the game YOU play, sir!

Maybe YOU don't know yourself as well as you think you do.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/002740.html

Look down the page about 1/2 way to the post by a guy named Ripsnort. I've taken a screenshot, so it's no fair going back and doing some creative editing. Screenshot viewable at:  http://wrecks.org/rip.jpg .

Posted 4-14-200 by Ripsnort:

posted 04-14-2000 07:52 AM              

I've done a little research, since I have all this neat security equipment at my company, and found out who Macboy is.(Macboy, did you not know that your ISP can be traced ?) I won't give you his name, but I will tell you this, he (obviously) has a Mac, cannot play AH, so considers the grapes very sour. I've had a number of derogatory flames from him in AGW and his ego and head doesn't fit into the cockpit of his virtual A/C. He will always be an arrogant, bitter, mac-loving moron. So, best to not even respond to his posts, since that's how he gets his kicks.

What, was someone stealing your account and posting as you? Cause it sure looks like you called him a moron, and said you'd traced his IP. Shortly thereafter, Pyro announces that due to an informed tip, he can out MG as Macboy. I ain't Mulder, but that sure looks like it all matches up to me.

Let's drop it...move on with life..I no longer 'publish' over there so its a moot point.

Right. Now that you've been called out you want to drop it? You know what I'd like to see? I'd LOVE to see you admit that indeed, you did spend a lot of time praising AH on the AGW boards and trying to convince WB'ers to try it out.

Then I'd like to see you admit you went way overboard on the Macboy thing. And as a result you caused MG, who has been a long-time member of this community, a whole helluva lotta grief that was largely uncalled for. It was a troll. It should have been laughed at. Most people did; except for you. Tied to part one of what I'd like to see, it really ticks me off to see you behind the witchhunt.

Nice attempt at revisionist history.

Spitboy -SW-

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
Time to close this thread.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2000, 09:14:00 AM »
Guess what, if I knew for sure what his IP was, don't you think I would have lambasted him that day?!?  Look at the date of the post. I had my suspicions, but it was not conclusive, if it was, I would have called him on the carpet 2 weeks ago

Drop it Spitboy, before  you get in any deeper.
SpitboyYou know what I'd like to see? I'd LOVE to  see you admit that indeed, you did spend a lot of time praising AH on the AGW boards and trying to convince WB'ers to try it out.

I've already said in the above post:
Ripsnort:"Also, my 1 post in AGW general topic BB was in regards to "What's new in AH", and yes, I was trying to get people to try it, since I would want them to enjoy something we all enjoy. The rest of my posts  were in OFF-TOPIC where every game from chess to flight sims are discussed."

There, ya happy?  Oh, I guess I should apologize for telling  the WB community for the last 6 years (how long have YOU been around?) about EVERY flight sim that came out, and what I thought of it. eh?

I did call MG a moron, on this board, not in a personal attack to him in a thread.  I call Clinton a moron too, but I don't send him an email about it, or post it on the Gov't website, I do that in my backyard, where I can post my opinions.

Try reading the whole response, Spitboy, just because the grapes are sour with you and your Mac club ain't my fault you can't try AH.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-05-2000).]

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
 Spitboy I think thats about enough! I`ve held my temper with you as long as I`m going to.
 Your another wet diaper MAC-head whos in the same league as MG-your pissed because HTC doesn`t support MACs-WELL BOO F***ING HOO! What you don`t consider is how long Rip was a part of the Warbirds community and how many friends he made over the years in the game.(a lot longer than you I`m sure) Idiots like you try to portray him as a flag waving bellybutton kissing HTC cheerleader on AGW because he tried to let people he *THOUGHT* were his friends know about how much enjoyment and fun he was getting from Aces High,should I open my mailbox up and post some of his e-mails to me showing how enthusiastic he is about AH?(out of respect I won`t) He didn`t get defensive until idiots like YOU continually sh*t on him for trying to share that enthusiasm with people who have the same interests.(WW II related)
 He didn`t try to tear Warbirds down with his posts,many of them he reiterated his continued love of Warbirds-but also stated how fresh and innovative AH is in comparison.

I didn`t much care for MG`s posts as Macboy but I didn`t want to get involved in any flame wars with him because I knew eventually he would crawl back to the polluted pond that spawned him-he did why don`t you wriggle back too? Better yet why don`t you buy a PC and come share the fun with us,I guarantee you will have a good time.

(This is strictly my opinion and I apologize to any one I may have offended-except Spitboy)

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Edit again after seeing Rip's reply below ...

Whatever, Rip. I'm done. Anyone can read my posts above and see the evidence. I never questioned your value or enthusiasm for the AH community. I merely point out that you are not the martyr you make yourself out to be, and that you yourself did as bad or worse in your treatment of Macboy as the treatment you received on AGW you get all uptight about.

One final thing:

Rip, it's got nothing to do with me being on a Mac. It's got nothing to do with AH. You seem incapable of separating criticism of Rip from criticism of AH. You know, it is possible for me to have a problem with you, and not have a problem with AH.

Weaz, I've been around these communities since 1995. I've held trainer posts, too. I've run scenarios, even ran a WB Con. I don't usually get involved in flame fests like this. You have your view of Rip and his actions on AGW, and I have mine. Let's leave it at that, eh, weaz?

Spitboy -SW-

[This message has been edited by Spitboy (edited 05-05-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
Well, anyone can be made to look like a liar when you, sir take  so much of my AGW  posting out of context.

To show what kind of person Rip is to the AH Community? Ha!  One that flys here doesn't care what one man's (boy) opinion is.  That comes from within the community, and sir, you are not part of this community, and probably never will be with your badgering.  Good luck with Warbirds, maybe someone will like you over there.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2000, 10:41:00 AM »
Please Pyro,Hitech..SOMEBODY at HTC please lock this thread before handbags are drawn, tights get skagged and people start scratching each others eyes out.

This thread serves no purpose but to exasperate the current WB vs AH problems that cannot be discussed rationally on either UBB

------------------
Revvin
249 Squadron RAF
Tangmere Wing

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2000, 10:48:00 AM »
My apologies, I started  this big mess.  Blame me.  I will not post anything further on the subject.  I'm passionate about flights sims, ALL flight sims.  Nuff said, Ripsnort out!

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2000, 11:04:00 AM »
Apologies from me too. I said my peace, and am done. Now if VPC4 supports my V3 card, I might be able to come up in AH and have some fun. My Sony VAIO can't handle it, alas. Aside from that, cyas in WW2OL or the next big thing.

Spitboy -SW-

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »
Marvelous..job done, now lets have a group hug, walk away and go play our chosen online sim.

------------------
Revvin
249 Squadron RAF
Tangmere Wing

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2000, 02:09:00 PM »

Originally posted by Spitboy:
....My Sony VAIO can't handle it, alas.

Hey partner....

I have a Sony Vaio, 500 Mhz Laptop that also won't work with AH.  I would like to use it when I'm on the road traveling.  We should talk.  The Vaio I have has the Neomagic 256 AV chipset, but I believe it's about not being a 3D Hardware accelerator.

Regards,
Badger

edog

Loose lips, guys
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2000, 09:59:00 PM »
Rip-

You could learn a heckuva lot from Funked and a couple of the other guys who've moved at least partially over to AH from WB...... his posts on AGW smack of class and humor.

edog

Offline Brazos

• Zinc Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2000, 12:19:00 AM »
Congrats gents,

You did indeed strive to hold the high ground. (sigh) I'm just too old for this crap anymore. Trolls aren't funny to me, their childish nonsense. An attempt at humor by those incapable of any, and just mean-sprited attacks to garner some attention. Sad.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Loose lips, guys
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2000, 05:21:00 AM »
Don't ya go attackin Ripster dudes, or I'll have to bring forth my longboat, broadsword and grow a heavy beard.

The Vikings shall return, and we shall rule the world.

We're just waiting for now.

Seriously, I haven't flown WB. Having read some flight sims newsgroup, I have learned that the WB community is a passionate one, with great pilots, immense egos and with that, particular personalies. I also know that there's a good deal of knowledge in this group. Having said that, this is also true for AH.

I don't want to say "can't we all just get along". I don't even want to get along with everyone. There'll be some threads like this one in the future as well.

What I would like to see is some objectivity. I.e backing off and admitting your mistake(s) when they're made. if you don't think I do so, take a look at the "YAK - the bringer of Sorrow" thread under aircraft and vehicles, and you'll see that even in or just after a heated debate it is possible to get misunderstandings cleared out.  And that has nothing to do with any love between the "duellists", but everything to do with personal integrity and intellectual honesty.

Anyway, that's my take on it. Fight it out in the air gents; my bet is on Ripsnort.

Of course, now the "discussion" wll be "which  sim is better suited for the fight, Ah or WB?" WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  

I'm a dot.

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2