Author Topic: Tank damage model  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Tank damage model
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 12:32:11 AM »
I believe that angle of impact does matter.  I recall seeing HTC say that in other places.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 12:57:36 AM »
I have a little trouble buying that. What with the new additions to the aircraft damage model, AND the one in WW I.
nemesis i buy it because HTC actually does try to help GVers to the best they can. GVs are much harder to model like stated above because im pretty sure one of em did say that. on another thread HiTech said he would check into helping stop the graphics advantage problem that has hindered realism in the GV land for years... This problem was never stated on BBS until today for the most part. Point is is that theyre trying...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 01:02:54 PM »
I just wish the damage model would be more obvious rather than having   ping... turret out, ping... engine out

ping ping ping... track out, come on really? that's not realistic at all...................

I'm not going to lie, WW2OL has a much more realistic and detailed damage model and I would take it any day over our current damage model.

Also I would like to see out ballistics model updated, having the same dirt splash for both HE and AP is a little ridiculous.

Its been over a year and a half or atleast close to now since us gvers have gotten anything new to play with, I do not count the new terrain because dirt is dirt, you drive over it with a vehicle and that's that, nothing happens, except when you touch a tree and do somersaults with a tank.

It feels like we have been left out again...  :(

Im sorry for the selfishness feeling thats coming from my rant, I just wanted to put my two cents in...

opposum
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »
WW2OL is stinky like poopoo concerning damage our soon to be PNG'd little buddy.

I'm not going to lie, WW2OL has a much more realistic and detailed damage model and I would take it any day over our current damage model.

opposum
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 03:20:15 PM »

Its been over a year and a half or atleast close to now since us gvers have gotten anything new to play with, I do not count the new terrain because dirt is dirt, you drive over it with a vehicle and that's that, nothing happens, except when you touch a tree and do somersaults with a tank.

Actually we have lost a good aspect of the gv game. The small "hills" that were spread out throughout the terrain have been removed. Someone at htc said that its on their list to put back in however, I just hope it makes it into one of these updates.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
I just wish somehow the Tiger could be re-crowned "king" of the battlefield.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 03:27:12 PM »
+1
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 03:42:31 PM »
Possum...did you happen to notice how stupid the flight models and damage models were on the aircraft in WW2OL? With AH the ground war is a secondary element that is not the main focus...in WW2OL the ground war is the primary focus so the air element suffers...you get the idea.

I'm betting if HTC had more staff to create all the WWII goodness everyone is wiggling for...it would be included and accurate beyond what others are doing.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
I recall hitech or Pyro (don't recall which, but think it was hitech) state that the tank damage model was the most complex part of AH.

I have a little trouble buying that. What with the new additions to the aircraft damage model, AND the one in WW I.

You don't have to buy it ... but it's true.

I have been to 3 cons and GV damage is always a subject of discussion. From what I gleaned from those 3 cons was that the GV damage model is not really connected to the aircraft damage model ... 2 different beasts.

The GV damage model does take into effect armor thickness of the different components and also the slope of the armor and probably doesn't really cover all the components it needs to really keep track of. Calculating damage across a GV would definitely be more complex than that of an aircraft IMHO.

I have a sneaky suspicion that HTC would love to go thru the GV damage model from head-to-toe, but it seems to fall to the wayside due to what they perceive to be more important issues, and HT probably can foresee the convoluted mess that lies in front of him and most likely gets a headache just thinking about it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »

It feels like we have been left out again...  :(

Well ... when the day comes that there are more GVs on the ground (consistently) than there are planes in the air ... GVs might get the same attention that the planes now get ... until then ... they will have to settle for being 2nd class citizens.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »

Those were the days ... the only thing that could kill a Tiger were hellish IED devices disguised as little white rocks ... roll over one of them bay boys and your sortie was over ... :rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »

Lower the tigers perk price to 15 and raise the M4's to 10. Would be fair ("what, theres a tiger up? Hang on, let me up an M4 real quick and I'll blow his turret off from 2500 yds out." It happens and you all know it.)

Well ... when the day comes that there are more GVs on the ground (consistently) than there are planes in the air ... GVs might get the same attention that the planes now get ... until then ... they will have to settle for being 2nd class citizens.

Go to hell fighter jock. If a sizable portion of the community (Gv'ers) wants hills, then its important. Just because the game is mostly aircraft doesn't mean that tanks have to wait till no one wants anything else. Honestly, I think new GV's and getting our hills back supercedes the WWI arena in importance.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Go to hell fighter jock. If a sizable portion of the community (Gv'ers) wants hills, then its important. Just because the game is mostly aircraft doesn't mean that tanks have to wait till no one wants anything else. Honestly, I think new GV's and getting our hills back supercedes the WWI arena in importance.

Yes, this happens. :rolleyes:
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 08:52:11 PM »
I can't find it, so maybe someone else has a better memory and/or search skills than I . . . But the recesses of my brain say that someone posted some screenshots or perhaps a link that showed some of the calculations going into the damage model of eithe red orchestra or wwIIol or some other game, and said something to the effect that he wished AHII's GV damage model was as detailed.  To which, one of the staffers answered / asked:  What makes you think it isn't?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 01:49:30 AM »
Actually we have lost a good aspect of the gv game. The small "hills" that were spread out throughout the terrain have been removed. Someone at htc said that its on their list to put back in however, I just hope it makes it into one of these updates.
i want my hedgerows baaaack!!! :cry and hte old Vbases! :cry and me want it now! :cry
++1
Lower the tigers perk price to 15 and raise the M4's to 10. Would be fair ("what, theres a tiger up? Hang on, let me up an M4 real quick and I'll blow his turret off from 2500 yds out." It happens and you all know it.)
shove the panther in there to have the same effect... but i remember the time when people actually freaked when they heard TIGER TANK ROLLING TO THE BASE!!! EVERYONE UP TO DEFEND!!! WE NEED PANZERS AND BOMBS!!!!!!! :eek:   just give me AHI back and the old days and ill be happy because with the M4 Firefly those days are long gone
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy