Author Topic: Tracers off option work well for you?  (Read 580 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Tracers off option work well for you?
« on: March 25, 2010, 06:56:45 AM »
I played for many time without tracers but from last patch i cannot do so much as before
so i put tracers on again to re-learn how to do without them but this training doesn't work as well
as before. Possible bug? (in my gunnery   :joystick:  or in game  :O)

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: Tracers off option work well for you?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:41:42 AM »
Has nothing to do with the game. Its just your gunnery. Keep practicing.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:59:34 AM »
Actually, plazus, a number of folks are commenting on something "feeling off" with the gunnery since the latest patch. Considering that all the planes suddenly became 20-30mph faster, perhaps EVERYthing became faster?

Perhaps the bullets, the acceleration, every aspect of physics became faster?

When they fixed the top speeds of the planes, maybe they left something else in place that still monkeys with the bullets' trajectory or physics?

I dunno if that's the case, but I've read a few other folks complaining of this since the last patch, as well.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 11:03:04 AM »
Good points Krusty. I myself havent really noticed anything on my end. My gunnery still sucks anyways, lol. I think last night was a great night for me because I could actually shoot something without missing like a noob. Could just be the people's "mood" what with all the hype about WW1 and the following patches that came.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »
Have only a small favs list. They seem to be porked with tracers off. Don't know if it is arch or velocity but something is different.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
I have found these things to be different from my POV also....especially the removal of one side of the tail seemingly having no effect or in some cases helping the performance...as for the hitting power of bullets I'm up and down on this....sometimes I can unload 100 rounds into something with no death or even something falling off and other times what I would have considered a tickle causes catastrophic damage.....I'm sure there are works in progress to remedy this stuff...I am still having take off and landing rattles as if I am taking off in a WWI plane...I have not had an answer to my questions as to whether I need to change something in my settings...others have said there's was fixed with the last patch......I don't know...I can still play and gas bag to people so that is atleast50% if not more of the experience for me......

OOPs...wrong thread hahahaha
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:06:29 PM by SPKmes »

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »
I hate hopping on these unsubstantiated bandwagon threads, but I must admit I can't hit anything in the air with my Il-2 these days. I use it as a base defense fighter all the time and have yet to be able to make a lead shot connect over the past few days I've played since WWI came about. Haven't used tracers in years.

especially the removal of one side of the tail seemingly having no effect or in some cases helping the performance

I myself lost the left portion of my tail in a 110C to an La-7 that attacked me from below. Having freaked out I put myself into one of its famous backward-spiral spins and barely recovered it a few hundred feet off the ground. Thanks to him thinking I was dead and a plethora of friendlies chasing him around, I actually managed to maneuver back around and shoot him down, but forcing the shot put me back out of control and I nearly followed him in. Saved it less than 100ft off the ground that time. Amazingly fun experience, but it was a really weird flight dynamic after that; it felt the same (albeit more mellow) as when you turn on a strong updraft in the wind settings.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »
It's probably just my horrible aim, but it seems that in my trusty 38J, I can't hit a thing in a full-body snapshot anymore...even if they're 200-400 in front of me with my gunsight full of plane.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »
It's probably just my horrible aim, but it seems that in my trusty 38J, I can't hit a thing in a full-body snapshot anymore...even if they're 200-400 in front of me with my gunsight full of plane.
Same for me in mine.

-Spektor
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek