Author Topic: A Few Topics To Think About  (Read 817 times)

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
A Few Topics To Think About
« on: March 25, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
i have been talking to a few of my buds on aces high and they have made some game suggestion along with me. We think that aces high's planes should have ligths. that includes stobe, becon, nav, taxi,land and so forth. we would like the time to change in the DA. We would also like weather as in rain, wind on the wind not drastic u know enough to blow ya away every now and again. We would also like failures. An example would be on "Pearl Harbor" on the dolittle mission the engine flucuations. that type of thing and also temerature like if it gets really cold then the engine may sease up stuff like that. We know your doing the best yall can but theses are some suggestion's. these are from the people of aces high themselfs not me on my own.
Freedom is strangely ephemeral. It is something like breathing; one only becomes acutely aware of its importance when one is choking. - William E. Simon

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: A Few Topics To Think About
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »
As a former machinist/assembler of aircraft lighting & a delegated inspection rep for Boeing. I am afraid you are way off base with some of these requests. Go & do some more research on this topic. :aok

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »
I'd just like to have the booze bottles back  :rock
Lighten up Francis

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
With spell checker available it just amazes me the stuff typed in & how it is spelt.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 01:00:46 AM »
i have been talking to a few of my buds on aces high and they have made some game suggestion along with me. We think that aces high's planes should have ligths. that includes stobe, becon, nav, taxi,land and so forth. we would like the time to change in the DA. We would also like weather as in rain, wind on the wind not drastic u know enough to blow ya away every now and again. We would also like failures. An example would be on "Pearl Harbor" on the dolittle mission the engine flucuations. that type of thing and also temerature like if it gets really cold then the engine may sease up stuff like that. We know your doing the best yall can but theses are some suggestion's. these are from the people of aces high themselfs not me on my own.

After futher review in regards to your lighting request it shall be granted :aok We have found the aircraft that best fits your requirements from the above description so enjoy.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:55:53 AM »
Flying Batman Symbol?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:32:59 AM »
I would be happy just with a dark sky like pitch black for 30minutes every couple hours and have lights on your instruments.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »

If you want engine failures, that's an easy fix.  first select a number between 1 and 10, make sure yo write it down so you dont forget.  now think of a number between 1 and 10 (no peeking at your selected number) and if the number matches your previously selected number then you must turn off your engine until either you meet of of these two options:

1.- think of a number between 1 and 5 and if it matches your previously selected number then you get to turn your engine back on.  (now make sure you select a different number that is not the same as before, cheating will not be tolerated.  somebody will be watching you).

2.- you hit the floor.  (if you hit a tree or a bush, you must keep on flying, again no cheating).

now this fix will make more sense if you have a couple of drinks first.  remember you must be of drinking age (over 12 in some parts of the south), or have your parent's permission.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »
Holy Flying Batman Symbol Robin
fixed
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:59 PM »
Lt. Norman Hanson RN related a splendid anecdote in his memoir 'Carrier Pilot'. He was leading his squadron of Corsairs back to the carrier when he realised 1) they were late due to a headwind and it was getting dark; 2) he'd never used the lights; 3) he couldn't remember which light-switch did what. He called up his pilots and asked if anybody could set him straight, and was startled to see a Corsair come past him with every light blazing.

"To hell with the expense, Skipper, do the same as me and use the bloody lot!"

Yes, it might be fun to have lights . . .

:cool: 
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:47 PM »
Lights would make it easier to spot people down on the deck during the dusk periods in the arenas...I like the idea.

A little more weather effects like rain would be cool but I think the rain drops on the canopy would kill frame rates pretty bad.

Engine failures are not going to happen, should have done a search on that one...llloooooonnnnngggg running arguments over it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »
It might be pretty cool but probably would be a killer on graphic cards.

-Spektor
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »
     You do realize that A) We don't have night time anymore
                                  B)  The only reason an aircraft would have nav lights on in combat would be
                                        pilot error.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 05:43:43 PM »

After futher review in regards to your lighting request it shall be granted :aok We have found the aircraft that best fits your requirements from the above description so enjoy.

(Image removed from quote.)

what was that thing used for anyway?

No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »
Finding enemy at night.