Author Topic: Game play Question  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Game play Question
« on: March 26, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »
So now reporting of incoming missions will get your chat privs suspended? Is this the new HTC AH 'law'?  Just trying to clarify.

By the way how does this promote combat?  mega hordes attacking bases that no one can call out until its too late?  I don't understand.. please explain how this is beneficial.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Game play Question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
I think it has to do with people changing sides after a mission gets going or using a shade and announcing it to the side the mission is flying against...or announcing it over 200 like a rejected noob.

Just don't fall into one of those situations and you should be fine.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »
Why not ask in a polite PM to the powers that be? Better than being a drama queen.
See Rule #4

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
Why not ask in a polite PM to the powers that be? Better than being a drama queen.
why? I didn't get muted. I'm trying to get the discussion about the issue going, not start drama about the incident but rather talk about the merrits of the new 'law'
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »
Skuzzy posted in locked thread. I think it answers your questions

Quote from: Skuzzy
Anyone involved in an unjustified reporting of a person has thier chat privs removed.  We have zero tolerance for abuse of these features.

Announcing a mission on public channel is just cheesy and pathetic.  Players who put these missions together deserve a chance to see them play out.  A mass report is wrong, but doing this is not going to win you any browny points either.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 04:06:21 PM »
I know what Scuzzy said

Announcing a mission on public channel is just cheesy and pathetic.

Does this mean if I see a mission coming in to attack a base I can't announce it on country chan?

So basically I'll be the 1 guy defending against 30+ people? or no one will up and fight now.. because there is no fun in getting ganged.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »
I think you missed the whole issue there Ardy and you're looking for something that didn't happen.

Does this mean if I see a mission coming in to attack a base I can't announce it on country chan?
That was not what happened to begin with...and the answer is yes you can but if you changed sides to do it...you're gonna get flamed.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »
And to further clarify...

There is no "rule" against reporting friendly missions to the enemy.  You won't loose chat priv. because you announced a mission to the other side.  Case in point Junky was online today and was able to chat.  Apparently HTC removed the chat suspension he got by the mass .report.  (though I am curious if those that mass reported him have chat privs now)

Like Skuzzy said, it is CHEESEY and PATHETIC, but you are not breaking any HiTech Creations "rule" by doing so.

I for one LOVE when the enemy try to stop a mission I am in.  If I am in a mission otw an nme base and they start upping like crazy to defend I think to myself "Woot! This gonna be fun!".

Alas, not enough players share that sentiment.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »
Skuzzy said 'public' channel.  I read that as channel 200.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
I know what Scuzzy said

So basically I'll be the 1 guy defending against 30+ people? or no one will up and fight now.. because there is no fun in getting ganged.

You're not understanding what Skuzzy wrote and you're turning it into something that isn't there and creating scenarios for situations based on your misunderstanding of what Skuzzy said.

He did not say it was a violation of any sort to call out someone's mission on Channel 200, he said the practice (if done with the intent to cause grief to the others) is cheesy and pathetic and just as retarded as mass reporting someone to grief them.  He's right.  The only reason why people announce these missions isn't to alert their countrymates (if they wanted to alert their country mates, do it on country channel) but instead to ruin the mission before it even has a chance to start.  It's far different then alerting your fellow country mates to the mission on country channel and then upping to defend the target.

Also, this another of those questions that should have been sent to HTC as they are the only ones that can best answer it.  The only thing threads like these do is open the door the JennyDrama's of this game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »
The .report mechanism is not a punitive measure to be used by the community.  It is an informative measure to help the community help itself.  If you do not understand the difference, then that is the first problem to deal with.  Just remember, you cannot punish anyone in the game.

Someone having a detrimental impact on the game or the community at large is worthy of a .report.  However, it is not and never will be acceptable for lynch mobs to coordinate attacks on an individual using the .report mechanism.

Many people will try to read something into that or want further clarification.  The "I want to push it as far as I can" crowd will want more details.  Sorry, but there are none.  Every case is different.  When in doubt, do not report.  When in doubt, send us a screenshot or film.

This is not a "law".  It is called "community management".
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
This is not a "law".  It is called "community management".
Anyone else read this in Sylvester Stallone's voice from Judge Dread?

"I am the law."
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 04:37:32 PM »
The .report mechanism is not a punitive measure to be used by the community.  It is an informative measure to help the community help itself.  If you do not understand the difference, then that is the first problem to deal with.  Just remember, you cannot punish anyone in the game.
I understand that but thanks for clarifying for the whole community.
It's far different then alerting your fellow country mates to the mission on country channel and then upping to defend the target.

Ok, that's what I was looking for, I was not at the situation, I did not know that Junky had switched sides...

==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »
Anyone else read this in Sylvester Stallone's voice from Judge Dread?

"I am the law."

:rofl :rofl I actually did Rufus
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »
Anyone have a pic of Mr. Skuzzy?  I would like to play with photo shop a bit :)   I think he might look good dressed as judge dread, I know Falcnwng looked great when I made him up as the pope. :)
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech