Author Topic: Memoirs Of A Mega Squad  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Memoirs Of A Mega Squad
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2010, 09:32:47 AM »
Hope everyone who got hit with a bulletin board suspension enjoys the time off.

There was absolutely nothing that warranted the reaction the OP got.  Rule #0:  If you cannot abide by our forum posting rules, keep your fat fingers off of the keyboard!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:36:22 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »
Its Sunday, Skuzzy, don't you go to church or something?  :rofl

(I can see Skuzzy moderating in here with a blackberry from a church pew)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »
Its Sunday, Skuzzy, don't you go to church or something?  :rofl

(I can see Skuzzy moderating in here with a blackberry from a church pew)
:rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2010, 12:56:06 PM »
This thread should be renamed rule #1,2 and 4....
Lot's of good guys in CJs.  Unfortunately a great squad idea in the beginning turned into "Hey I see you aren't in a squad...wanna join one?" Being the biggest doesn't make one the best.

I was a founding member of CJ's when JV44 Nighthawks splintered.  The squad started out with about 15 diehard experienced guys. Then something changed.  Away went the conquer by planning and skill (with normal numbers)to lets make a megasquad and NOE everything.  After several months of this with no change in sight around 8-10 of the original members left and now reside in 2 different squads. One, 7th FS "Screaming Demons", is made up of 5 guys who have been together since JV44. The other houses the remaining 2-4 (SWAMPDRAGONS).  There are a couple other guys floating in other squads as well who were with me in JV44 all those years ago (you know who you are <S>).  If CJs are truly disbanding I wish you all clear skies and I hope you can find new homes. :salute
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
This thread should be renamed rule #1,2 and 4....
Lot's of good guys in CJs.  Unfortunately a great squad idea in the beginning turned into "Hey I see you aren't in a squad...wanna join one?" Being the biggest doesn't make one the best.

I was a founding member of CJ's when JV44 Nighthawks splintered.  The squad started out with about 15 diehard experienced guys. Then something changed.  Away went the conquer by planning and skill (with normal numbers)to lets make a megasquad and NOE everything.  After several months of this with no change in sight around 8-10 of the original members left and now reside in 2 different squads. One, 7th FS "Screaming Demons", is made up of 5 guys who have been together since JV44. The other houses the remaining 2-4 (SWAMPDRAGONS).  There are a couple other guys floating in other squads as well who were with me in JV44 all those years ago (you know who you are <S>).  If CJs are truly disbanding I wish you all clear skies and I hope you can find new homes. :salute
CJ's started when those "Alliance" missions kicked up. Those things were IMO terrible for gameplay....3-4 whole sqauds taking 1 base...some might call that team work I call it overkill :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Mav1914

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »
So, I don't think I've ever posted on here before... now seems like a good time as any.

I'm not a regular flier. I don't fly every day, not even every other day. I fly when I feel like it and have the time. That's the reason I fly with the CJ's. They are a very casual bunch of guys and you can jump on at just about any time of day and find a squaddie to wing up with. I may not be the best stick out there, but when I do shoot someone down and then get PM'd by my victim calling me a "hordeling", trying to belittle me for having done nothing other than play the game, I get a little upset. Especially considering that in this situation, I was not in a CJ mission, I was as a matter of fact, on my own looking for stragglers of a failed attack on our base.

Lately there has been a whole lot of bashing of the CJ's for no apparent reason other than... "squad envy"? Smaller squads wishing they could do what we do? Why are you all bashing our NOE raid tactic? It's completely valid, if not the most effective / efficient way to take a base... why waste time? If all you want to do is furball aimlessly, please go to the DA! That's what it's for! The MA has a goal behind the furballing and base-taking... I play to win the war, within the rules of the game.

Granted, some CJ's like to run their mouths and are also not helping the situation. The CJ's who are speaking up now are in my opinion the ones who did not wish to get involved initially, myself included. Enough is enough though. I've seen normally quiet Claim Jumpers get right angry and lash out on the boards here. That's obviously not the right approach, but neither is slamming our squad and calling us names.

Can we all please demonstrate a little bit more airmanship / sportsmanship here? This is getting ridiculous. It's just a game. Let's play and have fun.

P.S. I very much like the attitude of those who call us "baby seals" and want to club us. Much better than throwing insults for no reason. If our raids look like a free lunch to you guys, by all means, come get some :)

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
Junky that was actually a few months after CJs started, but it is a valid point.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
those alliance missions been around alot longer than CJ's. was pre eny and arena's caps. Happened once a week (tuesday or sunday i forget) and was just about the only day the rooks had numbers. back then was mostly bish or nits with the hordes.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2010, 01:09:11 PM »
What a post Mav  <<S>>

MickDono

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2010, 01:14:19 PM »
So, I don't think I've ever posted on here before... now seems like a good time as any.

I'm not a regular flier. I don't fly every day, not even every other day. I fly when I feel like it and have the time. That's the reason I fly with the CJ's. They are a very casual bunch of guys and you can jump on at just about any time of day and find a squaddie to wing up with. I may not be the best stick out there, but when I do shoot someone down and then get PM'd by my victim calling me a "hordeling", trying to belittle me for having done nothing other than play the game, I get a little upset. Especially considering that in this situation, I was not in a CJ mission, I was as a matter of fact, on my own looking for stragglers of a failed attack on our base.

Lately there has been a whole lot of bashing of the CJ's for no apparent reason other than... "squad envy"? Smaller squads wishing they could do what we do? Why are you all bashing our NOE raid tactic? It's completely valid, if not the most effective / efficient way to take a base... why waste time? If all you want to do is furball aimlessly, please go to the DA! That's what it's for! The MA has a goal behind the furballing and base-taking... I play to win the war, within the rules of the game.

Granted, some CJ's like to run their mouths and are also not helping the situation. The CJ's who are speaking up now are in my opinion the ones who did not wish to get involved initially, myself included. Enough is enough though. I've seen normally quiet Claim Jumpers get right angry and lash out on the boards here. That's obviously not the right approach, but neither is slamming our squad and calling us names.

Can we all please demonstrate a little bit more airmanship / sportsmanship here? This is getting ridiculous. It's just a game. Let's play and have fun.

P.S. I very much like the attitude of those who call us "baby seals" and want to club us. Much better than throwing insults for no reason. If our raids look like a free lunch to you guys, by all means, come get some :)
Your first post had some thought to it :salute The thing that got the CJ's on the bad side of the community was the mass-report, that beef will go away with time  always does.

Your stance on why go NOE at a base is also a cause for concern. This game is about combat on all levels. These NOE horde missions make it so you avoid this combat, this is the reason people give you crap. Its not sqaud envy, your sqaud has 3-4 x as many people then any other sqaud and most of them could hand you a whooping in a straight up fight. I understand why you like your sqaud, I like mine for my own personal reasons and anyone who talks bad about it.......They are gunna get an ear full from me. Just take the heat in stride and drive on :salute
those alliance missions been around alot longer than CJ's. was pre eny and arena's caps. Happened once a week (tuesday or sunday i forget) and was just about the only day the rooks had numbers. back then was mostly bish or nits with the hordes.
This was a Knight thing about 2 years ago, I think we are thing about 2 different time eras. These ones were run by ROX and RacDogg.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Cav1LTPB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »
CJ's started when those "Alliance" missions kicked up. Those things were IMO terrible for gameplay....3-4 whole sqauds taking 1 base...some might call that team work I call it overkill :salute

What is your opinion for what is good for gameplay? Is the MA not setup for base taking and is a map reset not the goal and definition of what that arena is designed for? I understand that there are those that want to demonstrate their uber piloting skills, but not everyone has excellent skills myself included. We all pay to play here. I enjoy when we get organized and run a few missions as a group, we have fun with each other and often other squads join us. It's a game for christ's sake, as long as we are playing by the rules why does anyone else care what we do? There is no chain of command to determine if or when a squad may run a mission or how. I can assure you that the CJ's do not care what any other squad does with their time on this game at any time. Last time I checked this was still a free country and we should have the liberty to run our squad as we see fit as long as we abide by the rules that hitech has set.

I call it exploiting our strengths and covering our weaknesses.

cav1ltpb
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:32:39 PM by Cav1LTPB »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »
What is your opinion for what is good for gameplay? Is the MA not setup for base taking and is a map reset not the goal and definition of what that arena is designed for? I understand that there are those that want to demonstrate their uber piloting skills, but not everyone has excellent skills myself included. We all pay to play here. I enjoy when we get organized and run a few missions as a group, we have fun with each other and often other squads join us. It's a game for christ's sake, as long as we are playing by the rules why does anyone else care what we do?

cav1ltpb
Easy killer dont get worked up, Im just stating my opinion. I like to be the best at everything I do, Im competitive and cocky as crap.....thats me. I cant get the idea of path of least resistence through my head in a game like this. Why make it easy?

I will post in the next couple of weeks of a mission that POTW runs going for a base capture. You will notice a big difference in the intensity of our vox channel once we get in the mode. Maybe it might help you understnad where some of the other people are coming from.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with the CJs, other than the fact they don't live up to their name anymore and stay rooks!  :neener:

They are always fun to hook up with and they keep each others' sixes clean. Sure they have a big squad, but isn't that what PLAYING a game to have FUN is all about?

Offline GearJrk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2010, 01:31:43 PM »
Your first post had some thought to it :salute The thing that got the CJ's on the bad side of the community was the mass-report, that beef will go away with time  always does.

Your stance on why go NOE at a base is also a cause for concern. This game is about combat on all levels. These NOE horde missions make it so you avoid this combat, this is the reason people give you crap. Its not sqaud envy, your sqaud has 3-4 x as many people then any other sqaud and most of them could hand you a whooping in a straight up fight. I understand why you like your sqaud, I like mine for my own personal reasons and anyone who talks bad about it.......They are gunna get an ear full from me. Just take the heat in stride and drive on :saluteThis was a Knight thing about 2 years ago, I think we are thing about 2 different time eras. These ones were run by ROX and RacDogg.

uhhhh, wasn't this last bit of CJ bashing started by you and Squat1 criticizing a NOE 110 mission going INTO a huge furball?  :headscratch:

Not exactly sure about the straight up whoopin' comment either, but we agree to disagree.   :aok

:salute
Gear
Claim Jumpers

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »
What is your opinion for what is good for gameplay? Is the MA not setup for base taking and is a map reset not the goal and definition of what that arena is designed for? I understand that there are those that want to demonstrate their uber piloting skills, but not everyone has excellent skills myself included. We all pay to play here. I enjoy when we get organized and run a few missions as a group, we have fun with each other and often other squads join us. It's a game for christ's sake, as long as we are playing by the rules why does anyone else care what we do?

cav1ltpb

I would argue that you are incorrect in your line of thinking that the "purpose" of the MA is to win the war.  I would argue that the purpose of the MA is to provide player versus player conflict and competition.  That base taking is merely a means to an end, and when all the bases are gone you have to reset the map since there's nothing left to fight over.  That ultimately the most satisfaction and enjoyment comes not from taking with little opposition but when something is hard fought and won.

Awhile back I was on the staff for the old Combat Theater, now the AvA, when I had to run a set up I would look at plane vs. plane performance and tried to steer away from planes that had very different strengths.  A P-51 vs A6M fight is IMHO not one that should be put in a set up because it will get boring to both sides, instead I would look at things like F6F vs Ki84, or 51 vs 190D.  I'm a firm believer that on a certain level my enjoyment and satisfaction of the game is based on my opponents enjoyment and satisfaction, otherwise he/she will stop playing then I'm left with nothing to shoot at.

To speak to skill level everyone here started at the bottom, with nothing and had to build up from there, the problem with covering your weakness is that it remains a weakness.  The way to remove that weakness is to address it and hopefully overcome it.  That's why I'm still here 10 years later, I'm still learning things which is what keeps the game fresh and me coming back.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.