Author Topic: Some things i don't know  (Read 600 times)

Offline onan

• Copper Member
Some things i don't know
« on: March 26, 2010, 03:49:19 PM »
Thanks for any help in advance....................

I've been playing this game a year or so, just some Imo strange anomalies and things I'm still not clear on.

If I fly over an enemy base and take a ping from the ack and have to land, how far away do I have to get to not recieve a "you've been captured" message?

I can tower out of a GV on an empty enemy base/town and get a "landed successfully"

When I use elevator trim in a fight, do I automaticaly lose aileron and rudder trim which has been looked after by the combat trim?  I like the La5 but find it hard going if I manualy trim the elevator.

Does a T34 who's turret/main gun has been hit and smoking, still have the ability to fire? (have film)

Can I rearm a aircraft on a vehicle field?

What happens to the bomber drones when I rearm on an airfield?

What is the range of the rockets on a SdKfz and how do you estimate the distance?

What is God mode and what weapons can be used while in it?

Thanks for any help

<S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Some things i don't know
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »
Thanks for any help in advance....................

I've been playing this game a year or so, just some Imo strange anomalies and things I'm still not clear on.

If I fly over an enemy base and take a ping from the ack and have to land, how far away do I have to get to not recieve a "you've been captured" message?
If the closest base to you is enemy, you get a "captured", if it's friendly, you get a "ditched". CVs count as regular bases.

I can tower out of a GV on an empty enemy base/town and get a "landed successfully"
Yes you can. For GVs the mechanism is different: If you are undamaged, and no enemy is within a certain distance (I think it's 6k, but not sure on that), you can land safely anywhere.

When I use elevator trim in a fight, do I automaticaly lose aileron and rudder trim which has been looked after by the combat trim?  I like the La5 but find it hard going if I manualy trim the elevator.
Yes. Combat trim is either on or off, and it's global and for all axis.

Does a T34 who's turret/main gun has been hit and smoking, still have the ability to fire? (have film)
You can't judge from smoke alone if the turret is gone or the engine.

Can I rearm a aircraft on a vehicle field?
No

What happens to the bomber drones when I rearm on an airfield?
They do not take off again.

What is the range of the rockets on a SdKfz and how do you estimate the distance?
Not sure on the range. Distance estimation is done by practice & trial&error, similar (but easier) as with PT rockets

What is God mode and what weapons can be used while in it?
2 different things are referred to as "god mode"
The first, and "true" god mode is a special mode where you can move your viewpoint freely around over the map. You can't use any weapons, because you are not actually flying/driving. It's not enabled in the MA'S, it's mostly used by CM's during special events. The only place I know of where it is "on" for everyone is during KOTH
The other usage of that term is when someone is sitting in a field gun and using F3 and F5 view modes to spot the enemy. It's just an outside view then, you are still in the gun and can shoot normally.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:03:01 PM »
Thanks Lusche <S>

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »
As far as the vehicle distance to get a safe landing I remember HT once saying it was 5.5K.

The SdK rockets are relatively close range but there is a strange phenomenon with them.  The faster you are moving forward the shorter the range.  If you are moving backward at full speed they have their longest range.  I like to fire them while moving forward so the range is at it's shortest but it allows me to steer and aim them.  Another thing to note is that if you are carrying vehicle supplies you can re-supply your own rockets.

I think god mode is also enabled in the DA.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 03:23:16 AM »
So called 'God mode', actually CM Eye, is also available in the Training Arena.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 07:01:10 AM »

Quote from: AHWiki
The ranges for a static Sdk on level ground are roughly 975yds at 23º or 2200yds at 45º.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 02:46:39 PM »
Lusche.  Thank you for some very good answers to some noob questions.  That helped fill some gaps in my knowledge as well.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
RTHolmes <S>

Thanks for the range stats for the 251.  I'm still trying to find how to guage distance with them. Have tried using the (black and white)radio masts on the front.

Nice fearure, to be able to re-supply you're own GV