Author Topic: Mystery Lanc  (Read 2374 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Mystery Lanc
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »
I do this on a routine basis, on purpose, to squadmates.
lol

-Spektor
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »
Sometimes it seems like icons in enemy and friendly planes even though i am 1.5-2k out don't show up for seconds at a time perhaps this happened to you.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 09:00:18 PM »
What i never really grasp is that almost every single original ww2 gun cam footage i see of fighter v bomber is near as dammit dead six. Yet i get eaten up in hurri's and spits by lancs (.303) and b17's b24's. I've taken to routinely  upping 110's or 190's for bomber attacks. and whislt i'm aware  of the fact i should do slashing dives or rolls or ferocious yawing i just ain't good enough and predominantly end up in the offset 6 o clock position.

I know its a bit off thread but firstly, can anyone tell me how to aim properly in a bomber turret, i sometimes shoot them to pieces, sometimes ne'er a hit, and secondly, if bomber turret gunners were so effective then why did  they have the highest death ratio second only to kamikaze's and why did the brits and us decide to abandon turrets as they add excess weight to na advantage?
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline hits420

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »
I usually put my lanc on the deck to protect the underside as well as forcing the approaching enemy to come in from above thus enabling me to use top mounted guns. More firepower more death. Tip for approaching a lancaster: If he shot down 2 guys already he was really really low on ammo when you came into the scene. I would have taunted him to get him to waste the rest(if you have time) then gone in for the kill. Just a friendly tip. Not saying my ideas are any better than anyone elses. hits420

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 04:44:49 AM »
I usually put my lanc on the deck to protect the underside as well as forcing the approaching enemy to come in from above thus enabling me to use top mounted guns. More firepower more death. Tip for approaching a lancaster: If he shot down 2 guys already he was really really low on ammo when you came into the scene. I would have taunted him to get him to waste the rest(if you have time) then gone in for the kill. Just a friendly tip. Not saying my ideas are any better than anyone elses. hits420

Yeah, but this tactic would also make you a highly popular target, given that nobody has to climb up to intercept you. I took a K-4 up after a box o Lancs that were flying at 32k feeling quite certain that none of my mates would bother - and so they indicated (if he's up that high, why bother?). I climbed feeling well sure that I'd have the tasty lancs all to myself. <buuurp> they were good.

.303s? You're kidding me, right? I always think of the Lanc in the same way whalers used to think of the Right Whale. Soft as butta, without any of that salamanderly 50 stuff you find on the nasty Ami bombers... The only thing easier is Luftwaffe bombers.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.