Author Topic: Whatever happened to Tank Klub?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: Whatever happened to Tank Klub?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 02:01:48 PM »
Can someone give a couple of line summary of what happened to Tank Club? Wasn't there a tantrum involved?

no no no not one tantrum at all if any it was about getting more people to join Tank Kulb. as far as i know the switch from Sloehand to SGY was a friendly switch. 

SGY i didnt hear anything about Sloehand not wanting the CM spot. all of the above post was made in good jester not ment in a bad way. just posting what i knew is all
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 02:30:49 PM »
no no no not one tantrum at all if any it was about getting more people to join Tank Kulb. as far as i know the switch from Sloehand to SGY was a friendly switch. 

SGY i didnt hear anything about Sloehand not wanting the CM spot. all of the above post was made in good jester not ment in a bad way. just posting what i knew is all

At the time (over two years ago) that is what he had told me. No tantrums at all! Not taken bad kilz just giving you my details that I know of. I see many posts about Tank Klub back with the LTARs and with Sloehand and I see gvers giving ideas for battles but, as you said the hardest thing is membership! We get 20 plus at our GV event Blitzkrieg but, alot of different faces each time ... don't get me wrong we have our regulars but, if the once in a whiles became regulars we would have 50/70 plus gvers in an event. Being Sunday and in the evening and once a month it has to work out perfect for everyone to be there and that is just life ... with the nicer weather now it will be less although something to do while recouping from a weekend the night before early morning work we seem to do ok all year round.  :aok

:salute

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »
Sloehand was at the original tank klub held in the DA. He then tryed getting it going again.

it was the original TK that held the 1st SEA event " Breakout from Lenningrad "

had awesome fights in the DA. 10 T-34's vs. 1 Tiger, 20 vs. 20

good times
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 10:49:02 AM »
We have awesome tank battles in the AvA every Thursday night.
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »
We have awesome tank battles in the AvA every Thursday night.
:aok

Yep, sometimes on epic scales. And the maps we have for the battles are from USRanger and are pretty cool.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 06:48:24 AM »
last night we had 22 in close quarters. and when i say close quarters i mean you would up, drive 100 yards and be in the fight, there was no spawn camping, just good old fashioned tanking. no bombers, no fighters, only FI-156's. we do this every Thursday night.

last night we used the new ISRV1 map by artik. USranger has made some great maps too! They are very conducive to tank fights and we take full advantage of them! we do this every thursday night at 9PM EST in the AVA.

take a look if you get a chance.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 08:44:26 AM »
last night we had 22 in close quarters. and when i say close quarters i mean you would up, drive 100 yards and be in the fight, there was no spawn camping, just good old fashioned tanking. no bombers, no fighters, only FI-156's. we do this every Thursday night.

last night we used the new ISRV1 map by artik. USranger has made some great maps too! They are very conducive to tank fights and we take full advantage of them! we do this every thursday night at 9PM EST in the AVA.

take a look if you get a chance.
ive tanked on a usranger map in the sea once and i had a blast. loved the snow. his maps are pretty damn good if you ask me. dont know how well theyd do in the MA, my guess is just fine. would love to see some new maps. his would be a good start.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 10:48:16 AM »
Locked for violation of forum posting rule #10.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com