Author Topic: Whatever happened to Tank Klub?  (Read 1627 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Whatever happened to Tank Klub?
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:00:23 AM »
Best tanker fights ever, but why did it get shut down? I cant remember :(
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: Whatever happened to Tank Klub?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »
i bombed it with my lancs  :aok
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:18:11 AM »

you mean the tank klub that was going on in the DA?

Todd
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 08:33:16 AM »
Tsk - and I thought you guys were talking about the 'Kurt Tank Klub'...   :airplane:
Real men fly Radial!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:17:27 AM »
you mean the tank klub that was going on in the DA?

Todd
Chyea, I know we had some problems with DA creepers bombing it but that was some of the best tanking ever. We had one day in the SEA where we had like a 25 on 25 tank battle. It was epic
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:38:11 AM »
The Clam Humpers killed it. :bolt:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:42:09 AM »

Never got "shut down" more or less dissolved but, always can be ran in the DA. Sloehand had some great "games/battles" and prior to the name change years ago the LTARs had some awesome tank battles back in the one arena days where squad had max players and three wings etc.

However, Junky check out Blitzkrieg! Would love to have you there.

Here is the link to the forum ...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,450.0.html

Here is the link to the setups we have done over the last two+ years ...
http://ahevents.org/heavy-metal-sunday-setups/index.php

If you have any to add we would love to try it out!
 :salute

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:57:15 PM »
Chyea, I know we had some problems with DA creepers bombing it but that was some of the best tanking ever. We had one day in the SEA where we had like a 25 on 25 tank battle. It was epic

or did you mean the tank klubb that x4wolfx, 1hunglo, and 1redrum started, cuz there was two different events ran in the DA?

Todd
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
Im talking about the one that Sloehand used to run :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 07:10:56 AM »
Tachyon went over and bombed it.

He got the AR234 banned from A35..... I was so mad that I lost my AR234 killing sprees in furball.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »
#1 - The first rule of Tank Klub is, you do not talk about Tank Klub.

#2 - The second rule of Tank Klub is, you DO NOT talk about Tank Klub.

#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

#4 - Two guys to a fight.

#5 - One fight at a time.

#6 - No shirts, no shoes.

#7 - Fights will go on as long as they have to.

#8 - If this is your first night at Tank Klub, you have to fight.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »
A group of tankers heading over to the city area in the DA would be hella fun if you ask me and I'd love to set something like this up.  Granted I am of total nub status in tanks but I do not mind getting blowed up in the least bit.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 11:59:46 AM »
if i remember right Sloehand gave up on starting TankKlub up again because he couldn't get any of the Cm's behind him. i remember one time we got a CM to open a SEA arena but that was it. so Sloehand gave up on it because he was not a fan fav. to the Cm's. SGY came along like the ideal and went with it from there however SGY was the fan fav. for the Cm's and the gave her the CM tag and she now runs the gv events in the SEAs
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 02:21:56 PM »
if i remember right Sloehand gave up on starting TankKlub up again because he couldn't get any of the Cm's behind him. i remember one time we got a CM to open a SEA arena but that was it. so Sloehand gave up on it because he was not a fan fav. to the Cm's. SGY came along like the ideal and went with it from there however SGY was the fan fav. for the Cm's and the gave her the CM tag and she now runs the gv events in the SEAs

Heya kilz! <S>
Your pretty close to the way it went. However, originally 4440 wanted Sloehand to have taken the CM application and at that time he did not want to become a CM. That I heard straight from him so I can say that since I don't like passing out "hearsay".

At that time I was involved with AHXARL and put in my application to join their team however, BMathis entered his for the team and with out a doubt should be on that team since he is one of THE best commentary voices I have heard and being the champion as a racer for as long as he was he had knowledge of the goings on that each race involves and by all means should be on that team when the CM team accepted his application.

Soooooo at that point is where I talked with Sloehand personally again and said 4440 was willing to run Tank Klub after his Enduro in the SEA one Sunday a month. He did do it once and then it dissolved and I ran with the idea of a GV event in the SEA after the CM team accepted my application (thanks CM team/ROC) <---- I thank ROC personally since I miss him now however, during training wished he would spontaneously combust LOL He was tuff but, I am glad now he was!

That is how Blitzkrieg was born!

I have been around for 7 years and when there was just one arena and there were JBs, LTARs. FBs, WOTs, WMs and oh my so many more mega squads it was an AWESOME time! I miss it but, growth and change happens. I seemed to have missed the era the LTARs ran the tank club I heard about ... wish I was there but, I am glad the CMs accepted my application and 4440 guided me to lead the events Marshal and I do now in the SEA.

7 years prior to playing I was wife ack so 15 years this game (back in the AW days) has been in my house and to go from wife ack to CM and hosting the GV portion nun the less cuz those who know me know I RAWK in a GV, I still am amazed at the full circle that was created!

LTARs & Sloehand both had awesome tank battle ideas and I would be lying if I said I didn't use some of those ideas to incorporate the events we have had in addition to some players ideas and even a few of our own. Sloehand knows his ideas would always be welcome and every LTAR should know the same from my MA, facebook or the LTAR website banter I have given.

I am very proud of Heavy Metal Sunday and so happy to be a part of it! I can't explain how a night of gvers talking smack and playing a game we created or getting an objective done we put in effect means to me ... these are the same guys that killed me over and over again while I was a noob and got me motivated to clear spawns and stay on the hunt for dr7 or Rondar or wet or wonder or JTdragon or GMC any of the LTARs alot of the 31st. .... side by side at times with MissS or Sheri, man I miss those girls but, these are the reasons I love what HTC allows me to do every Sunday in there cartoon world.

Now in real life I have a 13 month old and I stay home so now you know why I posted all the above ... I don't get much adult conversation these days! LMAO

<S> to you all off to make some mac and cheese for the little guy!

I am very serious about running ideas though ... check out our forum we have ran three events from players ideas and we have one coming up after our Easter Egg Hunt in May from a player too. Here is the link ....

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,450.0.html

:salute
Michelle

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »
Can someone give a couple of line summary of what happened to Tank Club? Wasn't there a tantrum involved?
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"