Author Topic: hotpad drones  (Read 1335 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
hotpad drones
« on: March 31, 2010, 02:35:09 AM »
why cant you hotpad bombers and keep the drones with you on the 2nd flight?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: hotpad drones
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:10:38 AM »
DRones would probably hit the building for hotpad.

-SPekor
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
Drones will stay on the runway. They do not taxi. You can hotpad and take off, but they will sit on the runway until you reach a certain distance away (6k?). Then they simply tower/pop.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
I think it was a rhetorical question..

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 11:14:16 AM »
Fair enough.

Then I'll reply to the OP with "Because the crew cheif hates you, ever since you went out on a date with his daughter that one time, even though she wasn't into you and nothing happened."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 11:28:34 AM »
Then I'll reply to the OP with "Because the crew cheif hates you, ever since you went out on a date with his daughter that one time, even though she wasn't into you and nothing happened."
LMAO...good one Krusty.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
show proff that bombers use to hotpad and take off again. you cant because it didnt happen however HTC cant stop you from hotpading your bomber but he can stop you from keeping all your bombers its kind of gamey
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 01:11:38 PM »
show proff that bombers use to hotpad and take off again. you cant because it didnt happen however HTC cant stop you from hotpading your bomber but he can stop you from keeping all your bombers its kind of gamey

That's kinda flimsy reasoning.  Show proof that any aircraft or vehicle ever sat on a magical pad and 30 seconds later had full fuel and ords.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:04:12 AM »
That's kinda flimsy reasoning.  Show proof that any aircraft or vehicle ever sat on a magical pad and 30 seconds later had full fuel and ords.
:aok im with tec... the only reason i asked was because some days i like to go on high alt missions... if i make it home safe i would like to hotpad and then keep going on another mission, but it is a bit silly to leave the other 2 aircraft at home. so i tower and get all new aircraft.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 12:42:04 AM »
Because in those thirty seconds you've sitting on the hotpad, the other crews are already ordering their second round!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 02:08:31 PM »

i dont believe in rearming aircraft as well. if anything GVs should be able to use rearm pads because they were able to be resupplied with ammo and they were able to be repaired on the field however i think it should take longer to do it tho.

now in game play i see how this is added and makes life more enjoyable in the game life. and yes i think in game play bombers should be able to take off as a group. i personaly dont like it. but its not going to change. i see it changing to all bombers taking off again after rearming. like i said its just what i think and would love to see changed in the game.

now if they put a longer time for bombers say like 5 minutes and 3 minutes for fighters and 2 minutes for GVs i think that would be fair
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
now if they put a longer time for bombers say like 5 minutes and 3 minutes for fighters and 2 minutes for GVs i think that would be fair

Now that makes sense, but rather than just different times for different categories the time would be based on how much fuel/ord you are actually taking on.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline kansas2

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 02:24:15 PM »
Or how about 10 minutes to repair damage
332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 12:39:38 AM »

well they did rearm planes fast in pto during ww2 including bombers. there is photo some where i'll find it they were using /1 of the b17s was carrying life boat and getting refueled right on runway. pretty sure it was during iwo jima cap.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »

soo lets get rid of supplies for gvs and stop rearming planes at bases to since no hotpad real life? Planes on fields in pto all had individual hotpads. prking area where mech and crew could be waiting to refuel rearm plane get back air asap. and so did bombers have fast trun arounds if it was needed. there s is photo i;ll find 3 guys using 3 handcranks ea on b17 to refuel same time.