Author Topic: P51D Flap Glitch  (Read 630 times)

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
P51D Flap Glitch
« on: March 31, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »
I just got my left flap blown completely off a few minutes ago, and when I pulled up my other flap to counter rolling, my plane rolled to the right, as if my left flap was still there and generating extra lift. I don't know if this normally happens, or if it was a glitch, has anyone else had this happen?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: P51D Flap Glitch
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »
I just got my left flap blown completely off a few minutes ago, and when I pulled up my other flap to counter rolling, my plane rolled to the right, as if my left flap was still there and generating extra lift. I don't know if this normally happens, or if it was a glitch, has anyone else had this happen?

It's how the game is.  The 'destroyed' flap isn't really gone, it's jammed in the position it was at when it took damage.  To counter-act the roll, you need to raise/lower the undamaged flap to the same setting as the damaged flap.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »
i had this problem,ina F4U-1A were i lost the right flap and COULD NOT raise the left one (unless im just an idiot that cant find the command for it)
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »
If the flap damage is modeled for stuck flaps....why not have the visuals to match?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:27:03 PM by Kermit de frog »
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
If the flap damage is modeled for stuck flaps....why not get the visuals to match?

Or modeling to match  :devil  But hey, they do their best!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 04:09:15 PM »
Oh yes, their work and character are greatly appreciated every day!  I was just offering a suggestion that may or may not have been brought up and answered in the past.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 04:10:46 PM »
i had this problem,ina F4U-1A were i lost the right flap and COULD NOT raise the left one (unless im just an idiot that cant find the command for it)

Do you have a film?  If you do, you should definitely submit it as a bug if you couldn't raise the undamaged flap after the other one has been damaged.  I've seen others reporting getting damage on one side of the aircraft and it's affecting the opposite undamaged side.

ack-ack

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »
Do you have a film?  If you do, you should definitely submit it as a bug if you couldn't raise the undamaged flap after the other one has been damaged.  I've seen others reporting getting damage on one side of the aircraft and it's affecting the opposite undamaged side.

ack-ack

I had somewhat of the same problem,but it wasn't the flap that was bugged, it was the gauge. I could use the other flap normally, but the gauge was stuck at whatever position I had the broken flap at.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »
I had somewhat of the same problem,but it wasn't the flap that was bugged, it was the gauge. I could use the other flap normally, but the gauge was stuck at whatever position I had the broken flap at.

So one flap was stuck and the gauge was stuck correspondingly....?

Sounds more like a feature than a bug.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 03:53:30 PM »

ack-ack

Filmed P47 D25 with same problem.  Problem as it affected me:  Flap damaged (gone)  = reaction of plane, rolled in the direction opposite of what I would expect.  Tried to correct with trim, stick position and operation of undamaged flap.

Edit:  Just noticed in film viewer the stick input is not displayed.  Speed was also affected, so the flap had to have been jammed but not showing.

https://www.box.net/file/411384710/encoded/38838530/becdb5326a854bdbfdb5f26a7fc07f43
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:05:05 PM by Chilli »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »

So one flap was stuck and the gauge was stuck correspondingly....?

Sounds more like a feature than a bug.

wrongway

I think it's a feature as well.  As long as I've been playing AH, the flap gauge has always been stuck at the setting the flap was damaged at.  It lets you know where you have to set the undamaged flap for level flight.

ack-ack