Author Topic: Bee Zid Scam  (Read 772 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Bee Zid Scam
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:28:36 AM »
Anyone hear about this? Well if not im putting a warning out there for everyone. Bee Zid is a COMPLETELY legal scam which the owners use bots to increase the bids on items to make more money
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: Bee Zid Scam
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »
So is this site like Bidhere.com, where you purchase bids in order to place bids on items and if you place a bid and no one else does within like 25sec you win?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »
What's the drama, if the price ain't right, don't bid on it anymore.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
What's the drama, if the price ain't right, don't bid on it anymore.

Yep.  When I decided to buy something from an auction site like ebay, I decided how much an item is worth to me, bid that on proxy, and then just wait to see if I get it.  If someone (or something) else bids more than I set as my top buy price, they get it.  I don't bid again.  Don't play into auction fever, don't think of it as a competition, just simple business.  It's worth $xxx, if it goes above that, goodbye, I will get the next one.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 12:29:33 PM »
Yep.  When I decided to buy something from an auction site like ebay, I decided how much an item is worth to me, bid that on proxy, and then just wait to see if I get it.  If someone (or something) else bids more than I set as my top buy price, they get it.  I don't bid again.  Don't play into auction fever, don't think of it as a competition, just simple business.  It's worth $xxx, if it goes above that, goodbye, I will get the next one.
Yeah but these auction sites don't work like an Ebay auction, these are known as penny auctions.  You buy bids, usualy between .50 cents & a $1.00 per bid, now as soon as the auction opens every time a person places a bid the price goes up like 1-2 cents in price, they'll have a timer and if no one places a bid in the predetermined time you win, the time limit is usually between 20-30sec.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 12:56:08 PM »
Doesn't ebay already have a set your top bid tool already?
Why use something else?
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
The scam he's talking about works like this, it's on a penny auction site like I described in my previous post, they have bot's that will bid when it thinks no one else is gonna bid to reset the timer and force you or someone else to place another bid, their not looking to raise the price of the product because each bid only increases the amount you'd pay for it by 1-2cents, they get their money in selling the bids at .50cents-$1.00 a piece depending on which penny auction site your using, that's where they make the money.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 01:26:09 PM »
Now not all penny auction site are like that, there are reputable ones like Bidhere.com, my friend got an Xbox 360 for $6.00.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 04:30:15 PM »
The scam he's talking about works like this, it's on a penny auction site like I described in my previous post, they have bot's that will bid when it thinks no one else is gonna bid to reset the timer and force you or someone else to place another bid, their not looking to raise the price of the product because each bid only increases the amount you'd pay for it by 1-2cents, they get their money in selling the bids at .50cents-$1.00 a piece depending on which penny auction site your using, that's where they make the money.

Okay, I didn't check out what he was talking about.  Man, that would suck, what a scam.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
Okay, I didn't check out what he was talking about.  Man, that would suck, what a scam.
yup :) reason why i put this thread up
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy