Author Topic: Artillery Field  (Read 887 times)

Offline Guymed

• Zinc Member
Artillery Field
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:09:16 PM »
Hey guys, I'm currently working on a Terrain/Offline Mission combo for release. I made a prototype but it sucks, and is only 11x10 tiles (in land) large.

Ok, here's the deal.

Your goal is to select a bomber aircraft, load it up, fly through a vast terrain filled with artillery positions, then destroy the enemy's HQ. I don't know if anyone has attempted making a terrain like this before, but if someone has, tell me. It would be a fairly simple terrain, with mostly land but a few small lakes, rivers and ponds here and there. Your field will only have dive bombers, heavy/medium/light bombers, attack aircraft and only select fighters. No vehicles or boats. Weave through the artillery until you make it to the enemy HQ, then unleash your fury of bombs and other ATG (Air-to-ground) weapons.

PM me if you want to have the prototype-map, but it sucks so you wouldn't want it.

Each time I release a new version I will try to improve the clipboard map, terrain and overall textures. But don't expect much for my first release. And, when I do release it, it will be MUCH bigger.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:15:04 PM by Guymed »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Artillery Field
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »
Let me read this right.  You want to take off from an airfield, fly through a bunch of flak & then bomb HQ.  Correct?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Guymed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:44:19 PM »
Yes. It is all flak fields. You know, the ones that fires 88s everywhere? In a sluggish bomber like the Lancaster slowly rising, you have to be real good to get away in that. It's not always the Lancaster, though.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
I'd imagine the half-life of a uranium atom would be longer than that of the bomber...
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:49:57 PM »
I'd imagine the half-life of a uranium atom would be longer than that of the bomber...

I'd sure hope so :huh.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer