Author Topic: Auto take off malfunction Revisited  (Read 279 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Auto take off malfunction Revisited
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »
I am experiencing the following auto-take off problems..

1) A little over 70% of the time any multi-engined airplane will immediately head left and off the runway if I don't get on the rudder and brakes. 

2) About 50% of the time it happens in a P47. It has happened a couple of times in an F6F.

3) 90% of the time in a C-47 the airplane will start down the runway but act like it is getting only about 1/4 throttle and about 50% of the time in B-24s.  And yes, the gauges say full power and the brakes are not on.

4) Makes no difference whether I start with the throttle in idle or at full.

5) This started with the last big download. I have been waiting to see if a patch fixes it, but so far nothing has.
    I know intermittent problems are a bugger to fix, but I used to have no problems at all with auto-take off.

6) I have de-selected auto-take off then re-selected it but that hasn't helped.

:joystick:
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Auto take off malfunction Revisited
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:23:30 AM »
When the plane veers off the runway does the "auto takeoff" message on the screen disappear?  It's possible that your joystick has in input spike, which could cause the auto takeoff to disengage.

Sometimes if I start the plane at full throttle it won't pull full manifold pressure, pulling the throttle back to idle then pushing it forward usually solves the problem (for me at least).
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:42:20 AM »

1) A little over 70% of the time any multi-engined airplane will immediately head left and off the runway if I don't get on the rudder and brakes. 

2) About 50% of the time it happens in a P47. It has happened a couple of times in an F6F.

3) 90% of the time in a C-47 the airplane will start down the runway but act like it is getting only about 1/4 throttle and about 50% of the time in B-24s.  And yes, the gauges say full power and the brakes are not on.

5) This started with the last big download. I have been waiting to see if a patch fixes it, but so far nothing has.
    I know intermittent problems are a bugger to fix, but I used to have no problems at all with auto-take off.

Do you have rudder pedals?  Do you calibrate your setup in AH after you enter the game?  I ask because I use an old CH Pedals analog with a gameport to USB adapter and I have to calibrate them each time I enter AH.  The buggers have been in constant use since december of 1995 and they are prone to spiking.  If I forget to calibrate they will send my plane veering off the runway.  It's just a good idea to calibrate you stuff each time you enter the game.  I also calibrate my stuff in winblows from time to time also.

All the Best...
    Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:12:16 AM »
Do you have rudder pedals?  Do you calibrate your setup in AH after you enter the game?  I ask because I use an old CH Pedals analog with a gameport to USB adapter and I have to calibrate them each time I enter AH.  The buggers have been in constant use since december of 1995 and they are prone to spiking.  If I forget to calibrate they will send my plane veering off the runway.  It's just a good idea to calibrate you stuff each time you enter the game.  I also calibrate my stuff in winblows from time to time also.

All the Best...
    Jay

heya doc, have you ever opened them old CH gameport pedals up and checked the wiring connections?  back when I had my old CH gameport controllers, 1st thing I did was open them up and crimp down the wire connectors, so they were snug on the spade terminals...... reason I started doing this was back in  late 95? think it was I called CH & AKAK was my techrep...... he told me my old Combat stick?  think it was had an issue with a kinked/pinched wire..so when I took it apart I noticed all the connectors were loose kind of.... crimping them down and making them snug nearly erased any erratic spiking I was seeing in any of my controllers throttle/sticks/pedals......

maybe this will be of some use to ya  :salute

the one thing I do not see in your post , badhorse, is you did not mention that you did any re-calibration of any sort for any of your controllers......

I recommend that PLayers should ALWAYS, re-calibrate their Joystick, Throttle, Rudder Pedals everytime Aces High puts out a new Version or a new patch........  both in Windows ( if you have that option ), also in any Controller program you may use, and then in the game as soon as you log online after a new update or new version

hope this helps.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »
Thanks for the input fellas. I will try recalibrating the pedals.  I hadn't done so because they perform as advertised on everything else.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.