Author Topic: Self defense.  (Read 2532 times)

Online uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Self defense.
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
So who will defend the field if no one will up. you know...or maybe you dont its those few people holding out till help arrives that usually saves the bases. Seems to be the number one thing Ive heard "dont up for a capped field" sure if theres no way, got ya. but if these enough room to run off the runway ina la5 shoot down a goon and die ina violent explosion Ill be there every time  :D
because to me that's fun.
Roll a flak out or a M8 to the town for the goon. If VH is down, roll from the spawn point. I usually go with the M8 it the red guys are going for the base capture, because that's the fastest way to get to town.
Lighten up Francis

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »
I don't get vulched in a bomber, only an idiot ups a bomber from a base with a lag convention next to it and a whole two countries HO'ing for dominance.

Hate to break it to ya, but you probably suck arse at stick. What bomber do you fly anyways, what's your average altitude and how many sectors away should you be for a solid run?

And one more simple question, what's the best combo for a B-17 that's flying 2 sectors and doing a triangular course?
Hit you intended targets  :neener:
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »
Hit you intended targets  :neener:
I said combo, what the... does "Hit you intended targets" suppose to be?

By the way the last question i asked was lacking info. did you not notice?
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »
I said combo, what the... does "Hit you intended targets" suppose to be?

By the way the last question i asked was lacking info. did you not notice?

Honestly i just get lined up, calibrate and hit my targets (hangers,ord, or dar not just little stuff like guns) and what is it with this capped field crap? all it takes is one dive bomber and for you to take off at the wrong time to get vulched and some people just preffer to fly bombers like Il2's instead of fighters.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:22:53 AM by 1carbine »

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 05:22:20 AM »
We're not allowed to shoot bombers wile we are on the ground I understand not wanting people to defending bases just by upping bombers and sitting on the runway. But I want to get in the air with a B-25h to clear a vehicle spawn when there is a furball going on, and I want to be able to defend myself when I'm going down the runway. So I propose that they let us use the gunners seats on bombers WHILE WE'RE MOVING not just in the air whether we're on the ground or not.

Easier to intercept the raid and kill them before they get near the field   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 09:32:28 AM »
Honestly i just get lined up, calibrate and hit my targets (hangers,ord, or dar not just little stuff like guns) and what is it with this capped field crap? all it takes is one dive bomber and for you to take off at the wrong time to get vulched and some people just preffer to fly bombers like Il2's instead of fighters.
I'm willing to bet you die most of the time. A dive bomber, never happened to me before, and I've been playing this game for a long time. IL-2's are not true bombers, i repeat, not true bombers.

Lets not mention you most likely go after bases that aren't even being targeted by your friendlies (thus likely chance no enemy fighters are around, so you get owned by FLAK), who probably need the help to capture the base.
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline valad94

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »
WHILE WE'RE MOVING

but then people will just up a b-17 and put their throttle on to 3% and slowly move down the runway at a speed of 1 mph, while trying to shoot somebody down

Proud member of ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »
Indeed.

You want an ack gun? Get in an ack gun. You want a mobile ack gun? Get in an ostwind. You want a frakkin' LETHAL mobile ack gun? Get in a wirble. You really MUST have those 50cals? Get in a M16.

What's the problem here? You either go wheels up and take off, or you get in a GV. I fail to see the issue.

There is nothing but grief in all the WW1 posts about the F2B gunners shooting down droves of planes while parked on the ground beneath a fight. That's the last thing the timid WW2 MAs need.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
Maybe we could get a Death Blossom to deploy behind us as we run down the runway  :D
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »
Maybe we could get a Death Blossom to deploy behind us as we run down the runway  :D

Did somebody say Death Blossom?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAsSyDAWR8
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
but then people will just up a b-17 and put their throttle on to 3% and slowly move down the runway at a speed of 1 mph, while trying to shoot somebody down

You haven't been reading have you ABOVE 30 MILES PER HOUR there you go.

I'm willing to bet you die most of the time. A dive bomber, never happened to me before, and I've been playing this game for a long time. IL-2's are not true bombers, i repeat, not true bombers.

Lets not mention you most likely go after bases that aren't even being targeted by your friendlies (thus likely chance no enemy fighters are around, so you get owned by FLAK), who probably need the help to capture the base.

Rule #4 (and i go after what i feel like)

Indeed.

You want an ack gun? Get in an ack gun. You want a mobile ack gun? Get in an ostwind. You want a frakkin' LETHAL mobile ack gun? Get in a wirble. You really MUST have those 50cals? Get in a M16.

What's the problem here? You either go wheels up and take off, or you get in a GV. I fail to see the issue.

There is nothing but grief in all the WW1 posts about the F2B gunners shooting down droves of planes while parked on the ground beneath a fight. That's the last thing the timid WW2 MAs need.

And how when there's no VH?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:58:38 PM by 1carbine »

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:32 PM »
And how when there's no VH?

Then maybe you should roll in GVs from a nearby base...

You've just admitted right there you want to use it for a mobile ack platorm rather than flying and defending. Bombers were not meant to do this. They never did this in WW2. It's absurd to want to abuse the game so badly to the point of defending bases with bomber formations

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 01:21:24 PM »
Then maybe you should roll in GVs from a nearby base...

You've just admitted right there you want to use it for a mobile ack platorm rather than flying and defending. Bombers were not meant to do this. They never did this in WW2. It's absurd to want to abuse the game so badly to the point of defending bases with bomber formations

When did i say that? I want to use it to defend myself when i'm not quite off the runway so i can get in the air thats all. and i'm cant drive a GV for seven hours when there's no spawn or near by base i can drive from?

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »

said earlier to only allow it to kick in around 50-100mph then you can shoot. Theres only so much runway
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »
You realize that at that speed you're airborn already, right? So, your wish is granted! You CAN man the guns at those speeds!