Author Topic: Fairwell  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: Fairwell
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Since the release of the WWI update I am not impressed with the out come of the WWII side and its decline. I am calling it quits and have cancelled my account. Hopefully something better will come along in time.

Buh-Bye!

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »
don't let the door hit you in arse on the way out.

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »
Hey take it easy. 

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »
Since the release of the WWI update I am not impressed with the out come of the WWII side and its decline. I am calling it quits and have cancelled my account. Hopefully something better will come along in time.

:airplane: I would guess he is trying to say that they have put to much resource into WWI and not enough into WWII personally I don't believe this is true. He will be waiting a long time for something to come along that has the crew and dedication that HTC does. They are also accessible which it a mighty big plus.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 01:38:33 AM »
Think the problem is the way you fly and not the game.  If you fly with absolutely no intention of a fight and just go around looking for an easy pick and run from any 1v1 you encounter, sure this game will grow stale very fast.  If you do find another game, you're going to face the same burn out if you still insist on flying your timid way.

ack-ack
LOL my thoughts exactly  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 01:42:02 AM »
LOL my thoughts exactly  :aok

I tend to agree as well.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 01:50:21 AM »
I tend to agree as well.
I think i love you  :banana:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 06:12:19 AM »
Now, (prepare your flammenwerfer because I'm about to write YET SOMETHING ELSE that will get my butt crispy-fried - and this is serious) do I think the WWI arena was worth prioritizing, given the scarcity of HTC's precious development resources? Answer: I vote with my mouse and spend approximately zero time in the WWI arenas. I note that their popularity appears to have declined precipitously of late - and I qualify that as an anecdotal observation.

I'da rather had my 410 - but HTC already has me - bad, so, perhaps I'm not an at-risk customer and HTC made the right choice.

And I'll add, check the spelling on the subject. It's your first clue. Just sayin'...

PJ, if you fully understand all their was that came with the addition of the WWI arenas, then you might appreciate it 100 fold ........

there is alot more to it than just a more advanced/update damage model......

and the WWII planes have seen changes from what was gathered for the WWI planes from the data, physics,  props, propwash, ad infinium  ,etc, etc...

check back to this thread ( current AH version ) and see how far the game just might have advanced a year from now.........

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 06:25:29 AM »
PJ, if you fully understand all their was that came with the addition of the WWI arenas, then you might appreciate it 100 fold ........

there is alot more to it than just a more advanced/update damage model......

and the WWII planes have seen changes from what was gathered for the WWI planes from the data, physics,  props, propwash, ad infinium  ,etc, etc...

check back to this thread ( current AH version ) and see how far the game just might have advanced a year from now.........

I'm going to take this at face value given the asymmetry of info present. I don't doubt that there is likely collateral benefit going on here (tell me more, if you can).

Anyway, the OP struck me as an acceptable loss, even if it weren't for the acknowledged improvements that came with the latest version.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »
PJ, not trying to stir no fire with you.... just check out each new update we get ( the update information pages ) and see what all the additional new features we will be getting , then compare it to the (1) new plane "410" you thought would have been better.....

no need for me to expand on it any further than that.......

yes the OP, will be back, and then will prob make another quitting post as well...... is a rovolving theme with some around here.....

:cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 06:50:06 AM »
PJ, not trying to stir no fire with you.... just check out each new update we get ( the update information pages ) and see what all the additional new features we will be getting , then compare it to the (1) new plane "410" you thought would have been better.....

no need for me to expand on it any further than that.......

yes the OP, will be back, and then will prob make another quitting post as well...... is a rovolving theme with some around here.....

:cheers:

Yes, I follow, peace, shalom, whatevah. I genuinely DO think you guys do a fine job and am badly hooked. Don't think I don't appreciate it. And, believe it or not, I did actually read the list after noticing the tire roar. I also know something about the difficulties of SW development from my time with Mechanical Dynamics (before they got absorbed by MSC). It is a nonstop parade o' cats. So, no fire stoked... keep up the good work. I still want my 410 but I'm really NOT an unreasoning baby about it. Lately I've really been enjoying the G-14 - and have even been taking it up with gondos.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 10:00:45 AM »
Yay!  More red guys for me! :banana:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 10:39:22 AM »
 :salute
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »
um...bye?
SAPP

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 10:53:08 AM »
...........................an d these are the days of our lives.