Author Topic: sqaud names  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
Re: sqaud names
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 07:39:48 AM »
go with  "$15 a month gang"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 07:40:33 AM »
I'VE GOT IT!!!! you can all relax, I have found thier new name.......  P-fiftyrunners!..... :airplane: :x

Yeah, but it's a Mustang squad. If there's one image Mustangs conjure, it's one of the Wild West.

They should call themselves the Arizona Texans. Barring that, I'd say Blue Falcons - they can adopt "BF" for short.

I'm going to keep helping until I roll over and fall asleep.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 07:45:17 AM »
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:06 AM »
This is where reading history helps. Go through some WW2 combat material, either online, or in books. For example, I spent quite a while reading up on different bomb groups, deciding on which one my group would emulate. We all love the B17, and there were many groups that flew the old beast. Then I read up on the "Ragged Irregulars". I got hooked reading up on thier combat missions, looking at the old photos. So, I decided to use the name, and see just how many bomber nerds AH posessed.

I'm glad to see it worked. :)

Currently, I'm reading a 1965 publication of Fighter Aces, covering WW1, WW2, and the Korean conflict. When I'm done, I plan on reading more about different bomb groups.

My point is, though, to enjoy AH all that much more by taking a look at the history behind all the air/sea/land vehicles in it. You'll find your nitch. :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »
How about "The Muppets"  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 07:50:01 AM »
I'm going to keep helping until I roll over and fall asleep.

lol look\/
         \/
         \/
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 07:54:43 AM »
This is where reading history helps.
My point is, though, to enjoy AH all that much more by taking a look at the history behind all the air/sea/land vehicles in it. You'll find your nitch. :aok

Oh, boy, Here's someone who's genuinely looking to help out. I'd be remiss not to, for example, get you started looking on that internet thingie. Here's an example I found by looking at the Operational History of the P--51 on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/357th_Fighter_Group

You can do your own searches as you finger out how to access the veritable world of infotainment placed at your fingertips by dint of the Global Information Revolution.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
OK, let me break it down for you, I am the CO for the 2D amenders, or the 2d amendment squadron.  It was started by Utah, he believed in the second amendment of the constitution, which is the right to bear, and hold arms.  He made the rule that we would fly Navy aircraft as the Squad plane, because, he liked the F4U series planes.  It was HIS decision, I joined because HE brought me in.  Now I am the CO.  I decided to keep his ideals, but I took the politics out of the Website.  I fly what I want to, so do MY squadies, unless it is squad night, then we fly Navy planes, unless we need bombers.  The Second Amendment, means something to MY squad, even the Yankees, and the guys from Venezuela, even though they are not Americans.  Pick a name that means something to YOU.  Put it out to your squadies, if they like it good, if they dont, you can hold a discussion, but YOU need to run your squad.  Look at this as a way to develop leadership skills.  Do you think that Pappy Boyington, would say, "Ok guys I think that we should do such and such."  Would Patton say," You in the green, would you please go over and try to defend that little hill over there?".  You are the CO you have to make a decision.  It is none of our buisness what you call your squad.  When Utah left the game, I did not ask the squad if they wanted to change the name, I made the decision, I was keeping the name.  If they wanted to stay with the squad good if they didnt, Adios.  All of them stayed.  
  Also do you want to fly Army Air Corps planes, do you want to fly Navy, do you want to fly Japanese,German, Russian? Before you ask a question like this you need to think of things like this, and then look up some squadrons, there were plenty out there.  But it all boils down to YOU need to mack a decision.

And Vini Vidi Velco, means "I came, I saw, I stuck around"  If you were refering to me Dawger, if not disreguard.

I was referring to the thread originator. However, since you bring it up, your signature is misspelled as well. It is Veni, not Vini.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 09:15:41 AM »
If I was going to make a P51 squadron, I'd use this motto;

'We hope to sting like a bee, or we'll just throttle up and flee."
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »
If I was going to make a P51 squadron, I'd use this motto;

'We hope to sting like a bee, or we'll just throttle up and flee."

Why bother to duel? Just run like a fool.
In, Out, Nobody Gets Hurt...
They could use the scalded cat as the squad mascot.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 11:03:44 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

Le Squeeker Strikes again!
 :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »
How about.

Damage
United
Mustang
Breaking

Air
Strike
Squad
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »
I was referring to the thread originator. However, since you bring it up, your signature is misspelled as well. It is Veni, not Vini.

Opps you are right.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »
b