Author Topic: Super armored i-16 bug  (Read 447 times)

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
Super armored i-16 bug
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »
Well the i-16 is an early war fighter and really doesn't have that much armor. I just came from Aces High as I shot an i-16 square in the back of the tail while in a 109K-4. As I was firing cannons only, the 30mm hit him and did absolutely did nothing to him, as I looked to my left a squad mate shot him about 20-30 times with 20mm and then he finally died. So why is it that the i-16 is so super armored? :headscratch:

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
Re: Super armored i-16 bug
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 01:10:42 AM »
Well I'm not sure if the i-16 is a medal plane or a wood winged plane like a Brewster or a WWI aircraft. Usually all the happens is you hit him in the tail the bullet just goes threw. In the back of the tail makes me think twice though glitch or miss I guess,if not that.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »
It was metal. Even wooden planes were still killed by cannon rounds.

You sure it wasn't just lag? There was a bug/issue during the beta where the I-16 absorbed gobs of ammo. A squaddie and I were dueling in them and often ran out of ammo (hitting each other) with neither one getting a kill. This was using non-cannon loadouts, mind you, and it was fixed later before its release. Best way is to take a pal up in the DA or empty EWA and test it out.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
Well I'm not sure if the i-16 is a medal plane or a wood winged plane like a Brewster or a WWI aircraft. Usually all the happens is you hit him in the tail the bullet just goes threw. In the back of the tail makes me think twice though glitch or miss I guess,if not that.

Quick hijack...

The Brewster did not have a wooden wing, it was metal.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
:)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 12:25:56 AM »
i16 half wood an half metal and NOT all 30MM puff u see do alot of damage
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
i16 half wood an half metal and NOT all 30MM puff u see do alot of damage
Are you talking about 30mm?? :headscratch: Cause every single shot of 30mm I've seen hit a WWII plane blows it up or a piece off, no way it can deflect off unless your in a tank. Look at some real WWII combat footage of 30mm, it sure won't disappoint.

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG