Author Topic: hurt me ...  (Read 1025 times)

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
hurt me ...
« on: April 16, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
so i had to bail a collision damaged 110 in the FSO because of lack of experience with flying with wing damage ...

is there a ".hurtme" command and maybe damage code list someplace ?

also how do you vary the engine performance in a multi engine plane when you have only 1 throttle control?

thanks in advance

t
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: hurt me ...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:28:50 AM »
There isn't one to my knowledge, I also checked the "dot" command list on the trainers site and didn't see anything.
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/dotcommands/dotcommands.htm

Wouldn't be a bad idea for the wishlist forum.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 11:29:11 AM »
No, there is no such command.

For multi-engined planes, shift-1, shift-2 and so on selects the engine. Shift-E to select all engines again.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
thanks souless, lusche ...

+S+
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:38:53 AM by thorsim »
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 12:10:58 PM »
I can see this as a great wishlist item and would be quite useful for training.  In the meantime, just go to the TA and crash into a hanger and see what falls off.   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
so one more question when i change the power on one of the engines and then shift e does the change stay in place so that i can adjust over all power or does it revert back to even power output ...

i am away from my game box atm or i would just go check ...
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
If you select one engine adjust the power, then select the OTHER engine the power on the 1st does not change, if you select BOTH engines then both will immediately go to whatever the current setting is on the throttle.

So if you want a-symmetric thrust you would have to hit Shift+1, adjust the throttle then hit Shift+2 to manipulate the other engine, as soon as you hit Shift+E then symmetrical thrust would return.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 12:44:12 PM »
thanks souless ...

i would wish list a 3rd setting so i could adjust the power on both at the same time with a %age difference being maintained between the two ...
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »
so i had to bail a collision damaged 110 in the FSO because of lack of experience with flying with wing damage ...

is there a ".hurtme" command and maybe damage code list someplace ?

thorsim, if you have taken damage and want to see what all has been hit, press  CTRL D  to toggle the damage list. If everything is ok you'll get a single line message in green telling you everything is good in the top left Corner of your screen......anything damaged or blown off etc...will appear in Red Text per item listed individually

also how do you vary the engine performance in a multi engine plane when you have only 1 throttle control?

thanks in advance

t

If you select one engine adjust the power, then select the OTHER engine the power on the 1st does not change, if you select BOTH engines then both will immediately go to whatever the current setting is on the throttle.

So if you want a-symmetric thrust you would have to hit Shift+1, adjust the throttle then hit Shift+2 to manipulate the other engine, as soon as you hit Shift+E then symmetrical thrust would return.

this is about as good as it gets, unless you have extra buttons to maybe program some specific commands for multiple engine planes.....

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
thorsim, if you have taken damage and want to see what all has been hit, press  CTRL D  to toggle the damage list. If everything is ok you'll get a single line message in green telling you everything is good in the top left Corner of your screen......anything damaged or blown off etc...will appear in Red Text per item listed individually

stolen thunder... it may be all there is but it often means the difference, for me, b/w a bail and a limp home. It's a good feature.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 03:23:15 PM »
thorsim, if you have taken damage and want to see what all has been hit, press  CTRL D  to toggle the damage list.

I kind of think the question is "How can I get (give to myself) specific damage to my plane, so I can practice things like flying with half a wing."
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »
yea i knew what the problem was but did not know the engine management procedure ...

also i think it would be helpful and realistic to set an engine variance then have the ability to make the same adjustments to both engines with one controller while they maintain the variance ...

thanks guys ...

+S+

t
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »
How do pilots in RL practice flying damaged planes?
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »

If they do, in simulators. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »

For General Aviation Aircraft the pilots are required to demonstrate emergency procedures for multi Engine aircraft as well as emergency procedures for gear extension and the like.  They  don’t do any type of training for wing damage or lose of controls.

The airlines do a lot using simulators and can configure to simulate most any type of problem that they either have experienced or have seen others experience.  Every flight officer in every airline has had it drilled into their heads the escape maneuver for a micro burst down draft associated with thunderstorms.  And using deferential power to steer with multiple malfunctions of elevator.  

But with most commercial airlines cockpit procedures are for shutting down systems or overriding systems or restarting systems and following checklists and procedures.  That all takes time and as we saw sometimes there just isn’t enough time to complete the entire procedure that 757 in the Hudson was a good example.  The air restart check list takes about 3 minutes to run through for each engine.  

For what the military might train for is not much different then the airlines.  Mostly systems shut down and start up.  If they have a malfunction that causes them a lost of control.  They punch out.   When it goes bad it goes bad fast.  The number of aircrews that become POW’s  in any war zone is testimony to that fact.  Aircraft just don’t fly very well all shot up and missing parts. Yes, there are pictures of B17 missing the outer wings and tails and still returning, but consider that an unusual event.  Most B17’s with lose of control services spin in.  Very few fighters would have fared as well.  Modern aircraft such as the 30 year old A10, (warthog) appear to have been blessed with some of the B17’s  rugged survival skills.  But the training for the pilots is if you lose control , get out.      
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes