Author Topic: Funniest EW Thing in Ages  (Read 519 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Funniest EW Thing in Ages
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:29:37 AM »
So I log in with nothing in particular in mind.  See a squaddie in EW so decide to go there.  See a base flashing and a dot near the edge of radar.  Up a plane, but turns out he's on his way out.  See a darbar in sector between friendly bases, 2 sectors away from his bases.  Then one of my bases starts flashing.  I jump over to check it out.  Climb up to see a set of bombers so high I can't tell what they are.

I bail and up a 110 from another base, figuring the bombers would return through the gap in radars.  While climbing out, another base starts to flash so I vector over to intercept.  I finally get close enough to see what they are...Lancs at 30k.  This is Early War, mind you...rarely does anyone get about 15k.  I shadow him for a while, trying to get enough alt to make a run on him.  No matter how I try, I can't get above him so make a couple of runs and put some dents in him.  So, I keep shadowing him and we circle his base at 30k for 20 minutes while I try to get above him.  I end up making a couple more passes and then give up.  Neither of us are damaged at all, and he proceeds to go hit another town or two.

Not sure what he's all about.  Who would take Lancs to 30k in an arena with only 6 enemies on the one side you were bombing - most of which were fighting the third side?  I'll tell you who...someone from LW that has zero sorties in EW and MW (I checked the HTC site and looked up his stats).  He must have been bored stiff to take that much time to get that high just to bomb some towns around 4-5 bases.

I just found that amusing and thought I'd share.  Makes no difference to me; we can all do what we want.  I was bored enough to climb up there to check it out; at least it was something I've never done outside of the FSO.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: Funniest EW Thing in Ages
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »
bahaha i've had lancs at 30K before. only takes about an hour lmao

but it wasn't me that time. i haven't been in EW lately.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:44:51 AM »

Not sure what he's all about.  Who would take Lancs to 30k in an arena with only 6 enemies on the one side you were bombing - most of which were fighting the third side? 

My hopeful guess is that he took off, went and did the grocery shopping, then came back for his bomb run.

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
My hopeful guess is that he took off, went and did the grocery shopping, then came back for his bomb run.

Sounds about right.. Someone farming Buff perks (but why the lanc?) Been there done that..

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 01:27:16 AM »
Sounds about right.. Someone farming Buff perks (but why the lanc?) Been there done that..

b/c it has the best bomb load. and in the EW its the best bomber. so good that its perked

like i said though 30K lanc runs are fun. pretty much untouchable at that alt in the EW arena
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:37:05 AM »
Not sure what he's all about.  Who would take Lancs to 30k in an arena with only 6 enemies on the one side you were bombing - most of which were fighting the third side?  I'll tell you who...someone from LW that has zero sorties in EW and MW (I checked the HTC site and looked up his stats).  He must have been bored stiff to take that much time to get that high just to bomb some towns around 4-5 bases.

I think can tell what's this all about. He is not farming perks, because it's one of the worst ways to do that. Lancasters are having a high OBJ in EW, the return in perks per hour is almost ridiculously low.

It's most probably about score. Hitting 4-5 towns from very high is by far the best way to get the best possible damage/sortie and bombing hit% since the strats had been redesigned, both because it's dangerous to attack them and the new city layout sucks for getting bang per buck, err: bomb.
He obviously knew what he was doing. That's how we scoremonkeys do it ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman