Author Topic: Squad nose art  (Read 705 times)

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
Squad nose art
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:10:09 PM »
I recently changed my Squadron's nose art and a squadmate reported in as seeing the old noseart, how can we get it so all members of my squad are using the new noseart?
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Squad nose art
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:14:57 PM »
I recently changed my Squadron's nose art and a squadmate reported in as seeing the old noseart, how can we get it so all members of my squad are using the new noseart?

if you sized it properly and then you updated it by "uploading" the new squad noseart in the Oclub/squads/ option....... it then has to be approved by HTC before it will show up/change for everyone else in the squad.....

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 11:18:06 PM »
Also worth noting, they may have to delete the current squad art in their 'squads' folder to see the new art.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
how long does the approval take?
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 01:18:09 AM »
how long does the approval take?

2 weeks.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 05:12:39 PM »
2 weeks.

ack-ack

more if he has to baby sit the boards a lot  :P

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »
Um one quick question, i placed in the squads folder a 64 x 64 Bitmap nose art of a U.S. flag a long time ago. i tried deleting it, even moving it out of folder, but still it keeps coming back. :furious. can someone tell me why this thing won't go away lol, even by placing a new 64 by 64 nose art in to replace it does not work.

Is it just me, or is this screwy.  :headscratch:

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »
What's the filename?  Is it the same file coming back?  The squad CO's name is the filename (that's how nose art is applied).  Is there another squad that uses that nose art?  Every time you go online, missing nose art files are downloaded to your computer.

Only nose art approved by HTC will be allowed, so if you changed the graphic on your PC, when you go online the older "approved" version will come back.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 12:14:40 PM »
What's the filename?  Is it the same file coming back?  The squad CO's name is the filename (that's how nose art is applied).  Is there another squad that uses that nose art?  Every time you go online, missing nose art files are downloaded to your computer.

Only nose art approved by HTC will be allowed, so if you changed the graphic on your PC, when you go online the older "approved" version will come back.

1. I put in the "Squads" folder a U.S.A flag for an art, i was just messing around with it.

2. After that nose art i started flying squirrels, where i needed a new nose art for the squad.

3. I tried putting on different types of arts for the squad to see which one looked better.

4. After all this, i emailed htc and they said that my browser gets back logged ?and that they take what ever is sent to them, and paste it on the squad roster.

5. So i took out the nose art that was in the "Squads" file, and just left it that way, no art, no nothing.

6. After that, i went back on to aces high to play it a Little, and i found the U.S.A flag back on it.  :furious

7. Insted of finding a blank plane. i name all my files in the squads folder after my ID on aces high, plus their is no second nose art, it is not needed since their is only one squad of us.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:17:19 PM by Buck »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 01:50:09 PM »
Your squadmates will have to remove the old nose art before the new art will install.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 02:04:54 PM »
Your squadmates will have to remove the old nose art before the new art will install.

So does this mean every squad member must delete the art, even if a lot of them don't know how to get to the squads file.  :confused:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:09:35 PM by Buck »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 02:29:08 PM »
Yes.  There is no way the game will install new nose art over the top of art already installed.  There is no versioning system in place, so there is no way for the game to know the art has changed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 07:03:40 PM »
Okay Skuzzy, thank you very much, I'll tell the guys and get the new nose art underway !