Author Topic: The epic Grizz 262 movie  (Read 9412 times)

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
Re: The epic Grizz 262 movie
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2010, 04:24:32 PM »
my comp won't run windows media player, we have the older version and have tried to update it, but keep getting an error. any idea what i should do?
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39:38 PM »
100 kills is epic, 100 kills and landing is epic-elite.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »
my comp won't run windows media player, we have the older version and have tried to update it, but keep getting an error. any idea what i should do?

Do you have Win XP with Service Pack 3 installed?

Post the exact error message if you can for us.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
LOL  :aok

Well then it's about time the truth came out Grizz...

He actualy got 100 kills, the last one being an A6m that he also collided with. He then proceeded to glide a few miles and ditch 100 kills on the grass between bases hehe So close.

The problem came after a patch that changed something in the game. Films got messed up and buggy. The hurricane that killed him in the movie only gave a few pings and oil damage on left engine. Then the A6m collision came a few minuts later. For some reason after the patch that MkI takes off every single surface and leave a flying cockpit. The movie ending was a compromise but with the closest possible to reality ending.
he did get 100 kills originaly it msut be epic!!!!

Knowing the truth makes this film epic.   :aok
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2010, 12:22:07 AM »

If you can't get any media players to run it you could try right clicking, save target as to desktop (if you were trying to stream) then try opening the film in any movie software. Windows movie maker will probably work but the quality wont b e so great.  :headscratch:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
Great video, and you did a fantastic job putting it together.

But can I ask you to re-render it at a higher quality?  For us AH people, we know what the game is like, so its fine.  But I don't feel like I can show it to people who've never seen AH to get them interested in the game because they'll think the graphics are worse than they are.

Try running at 1.5 - 2 Mbps instead of 550Kbps and chop the framerate down to 15 or 12 fps instead of 29.97.  That high of a framerate on a video game video isn't needed (This has nothing to do with frame rates while playing the game, before anyone gets smart with me).  Also the audio quality was "rendered" quite poor, and isn't in stereo.  Yes it'll be a larger download, but I won't mind.  If your web site bandwidth is an issue, upload it to Filefront.

And thanks whether you do this or not!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 02:57:00 PM by BoilerDown »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2010, 06:54:15 PM »
Thanks for the tips Boiler Down! I didn't think about frame rate as relating to file size.  Sadly I deleted the fraps capture files, they were taking up 35GB of disk space. I am afraid the movie is stuck as it is. Kind of rustic in production. For instance there were alot more audio sounds like enemy engines I wanted to add but the effort involved for 12 minute movie was too daunting. http://www.youtube.com/user/Niros1 try this page for game tasters for non-players. Niros' movies show the game at it's very best i think The latest WWI is a masterpiece. I hope to produce something this detailed one day.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010, 01:31:41 PM »
Thanks for the tips Boiler Down! I didn't think about frame rate as relating to file size.  Sadly I deleted the fraps capture files, they were taking up 35GB of disk space. I am afraid the movie is stuck as it is. Kind of rustic in production. For instance there were alot more audio sounds like enemy engines I wanted to add but the effort involved for 12 minute movie was too daunting. http://www.youtube.com/user/Niros1 try this page for game tasters for non-players. Niros' movies show the game at it's very best i think The latest WWI is a masterpiece. I hope to produce something this detailed one day.

Ahh well that's a shame.  I now (after learning the lesson the hard way) render and keep an overly-high quality version of every video I make on my hard drive, so that I have something to use if I ever want to re-render at a different quality.  A lot smaller than the original fraps but big enough that I don't feel I'm losing much if the need or want arises to work with it again.  To date all my videos have been of World of Warcraft, I'm interested in making an AH one though whenever I can capture something worth making a video of... I'm not good enough yet... every time I land 4 or 5 kills, when I look back a lot of it was luck  :lol .
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:36 PM »
Nothing wrong with luck.  :aok

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/grizz.wmv

If you right click and 'save target as' this movie should download in a few minutes. It's 56Mb. The story of Grizz and his epic 4 hour 262 sortie. Taken about a month or more to coordinate things with grizz and at times to work around some film viewer problems but I think we are both happy with the final product.
Hope y'all enjoy, all feedback welcome.

S!

absolutely Amazing Grizz!!!

Also, great video batfinkV
 :rock
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2010, 10:38:52 PM »
post 100.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2010, 03:00:41 AM »
System: You have ditched.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
Awesome vid. 4 hours - Did he use a bedpan?
Dedstick

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »
Awesome vid. 4 hours - Did he use a bedpan?
What a punt...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »
 :huh :O. Very nice job batfink and grizz!
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack