Author Topic: Auto takeoff problems  (Read 342 times)

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
Auto takeoff problems
« on: April 20, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
Since the last patch it seems like a lot of aircraft want to pull to the right on takeoff.  Despite full left rudder and left aileron by the auto takeoff feature, the plane will still pull right when going down the runway.  Aircraft also behave as if they're not getting full throttle taking almost the entire runway to get in the air.  Sometimes though it's even more dramatic like last night when my P47 just spun in a righthand circle on the ground the moment the throttle kicked in.  Even when I take control I will still be fighting the aircraft to do anything but turn in right circle.  But after battling for control for maybe 20-30 seconds, it all goes back to normal.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Auto takeoff problems
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 08:25:27 PM »
i've noticed P-47s are way fubared compared to before WW1 was released. I think the code is hosed at the moment, and await a future update that fixes it.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:05:25 PM »
The 79th FS fly the P47D-40 regularly I I have not had or heard of any issues such as this...  Just for S&G try unplugging you stick and replug it into a different USB port. Maybe a connection or spiking issue of the joystick??

Krusty, I agree lot of flight models seems different since the release but wondering if it was a move on purpose to enhance the realism of the flight model, or based on the info from the 2.18 0 release, had something caused to the P47s in particular.
"Fixed some sorting issues on P-47s"

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 12:33:12 AM »
I noticed something odd since the last patch.  I went to up Lanc's on auto take off and walked away for a minute, and came back and i was just a fuselage between a couple of trees.  Figured I must have tapped the controller or something while getting up.

Re-upped and they wouldn't hardly pick up any speed.  Tapped my wheel brakes (rudder pedals) and released, and then they are fine.

Now everytime I load AH I have to depress and release the wheel brakes or else the game thinks they are engaged a bit.  Calibration is all good and all that.. just kind of weird but no biggie.

And then everything is fine until I quit and reload the game...

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 12:37:35 AM »
I noticed something odd since the last patch.  I went to up Lanc's on auto take off and walked away for a minute, and came back and i was just a fuselage between a couple of trees.  Figured I must have tapped the controller or something while getting up.

Re-upped and they wouldn't hardly pick up any speed.  Tapped my wheel brakes (rudder pedals) and released, and then they are fine.

Now everytime I load AH I have to depress and release the wheel brakes or else the game thinks they are engaged a bit.  Calibration is all good and all that.. just kind of weird but no biggie.

And then everything is fine until I quit and reload the game...

That has been happening to me for a long time, I never really thought anything of it though, it usually only happens to me on my first flight of the night.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.