Author Topic: Why is AH always overlooked?  (Read 6780 times)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Re: Why is AH always overlooked?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 10:08:48 AM »
No....I'd really like to make millions of dollars.  If you have 10,000 friends looking for a flight sim, please send them our way.  ;)

hmm

Does HTC give a discount for referrals?

:headscratch:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 10:13:01 AM »
The first rule of AH is don't talk about AH.   :noid

I always mention AH whenever I'm talking to someone with an interest in aviation.

Soda last time I looked AH had a program where a link to AH on your website could generate income. We link to it on the Musketeers.org site but we didn't sign up for the program.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »
I played with a couple of folks way back in DF2:JK online deathmatches, and eventually joined a Raider Wars squadron with some of them. They eventually moved onto Tribes (the first) for a long time and were pretty well respected. One or two of them I'd play WB HTH against (it was free, I was young and unemployed) even though I was rubbish. One day he said "You know about Aces High, right?" and I said "What now?"

He gave me the URL. It was still being developed, but I followed nonetheless. I didn't make the beta or anything because I had no 3D card at the time.

Word of mouth ftw!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:47:45 PM by Krusty »

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:15 AM »
If 10,000 people came to AH all of a sudden, Skuzzy would not be able to handle the load and they would have to outsourse tech support to India like 99% of the other country's.  God help us.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »
This is how I found AH2. The review was done back in 2001 and the site hasn't even bothered to update any information about the game since 2006, these were only version updates.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/aceshighii/index.html

HTC should really think about relaunching their product as most of the games I buy, I first see on sites like Gamespot and IGN, etc. Aces High 2 is hardly covered on these sites, maybe a paragraph and a super outdated picture if you're lucky.

If HTC want more subs, these sites would be my number one target for advertisement.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:17:36 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 12:33:55 PM »
LOL HTC has been around now for 10 years and you guys still think they don't what they are doing????  I see the ads for the game on the Military Channel all the time, plus word of mouth.  The flight sim producers are a small community and the ALL know each other, there is of course some "rocky" history amoung these "players" in this group and of course when one goes under the recommendation of the "failed" producer is hardly a pat on the back in my book  :rofl.

Most of us have tried all the games out there and have friends playing the "other" games and some of us play them all, so I am sure HTC will get their share of FA players.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline GearJrk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »
The Claim Humpers would be bigger than the Chinese Red Army.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I don't care who you are...that's funny...and correct  :aok 
Gear
Claim Jumpers

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »
If 10,000 people came to the game I think HT would just add more arenas, I don't know anything about how many people their servers can support but I don't think 10k would be a problem.  The only thing is like Dogg said, you need to have customer support for all those people and that's a busy job.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 03:53:48 PM »
10,000 more people came to AH, well HiTech would be one happy man. But beyond that, the game would evolve much fast because there would be more revenue to reinvest in the product, and that would ultimately be better for all of us
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 03:58:04 PM »
I dont think they (HTC) automatically spend money on advertising.......I sense them pushing the advertising when the numbers need boosting.  Most likely they use a sophisticated forcast model to determine when they need to invest.

As far as FA is concerned, I would not think the average FA guy is going to be interested in something as complex and challenging as AH.....For this reason they will certainly be more attracted to WBs.  The good news for WBs is that an infusion of 100 new customers would be an huge game saving deal.  In AH thats probably just a weekly swing in membership.

Ok Yeager, spill the bean man.  What position have you applied for?  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »
10,000 new players gets us the B29  :aok

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:27 PM »
Maybe I'll dust off my resume...  :D :lol
-AoM-

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
I also found Aces high from the History Channel. Does anyone know if the show Dogfights is still on. I haven't seen it in a while and that was my favorite show there. The commercials for aces high would come up about every other break.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken