Author Topic: New Shermans  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Gr8pape

• Copper Member
      • Swamp Revel Computers
Re: New Shermans
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »
Agreed.  The only reason the T-34/85 is slightly perkworthy (very slightly - base is what, 3??) vs. the IV is due to its speed.  The Sherman 76 will not have that speed advantage.

Well the speed is a factor but the T34/76 is just as fast I think it has more to do with the bigger gun and faster reload time too.
I would rather try and fail, than not try at all. (paraphrased)
F.D. Roosevelt

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2010, 12:25:21 AM »
:banana:Hey I'm all for the new Shermans but does any1 know what they will be perked at?

:salute
Well they shouldn't be perked, it has been around since the mid war. The 75mm will probably be able to kill a panzar but not a tiger easily, you would have to be point blank range to do that. The ords for rockets on the sherman will probably count as wing points or something like that. We"ll see what happens though :salute

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 02:30:45 AM »
Well the speed is a factor but the T34/76 is just as fast I think it has more to do with the bigger gun and faster reload time too.

What he is saying is that without the speed it wouldn't be perked.  The T-34/85 has both the speed and the gun whereas the T-34/76, Panzer IV H and M4A3(76) only have speed or a gun, not both.  M4A3(75) has neither.  :P
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-