Author Topic: South Park  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Re: South Park
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »
People that don't watch South Park, Daily Show and Colbert Report, always accuse their audiences of being dim witted or unintelligent. However, having been to a live recording of the Colbert Report, and judging from people I know that watch them, the people that watch these shows are incredibly intelligent. These shows force them to look at everything from all perspectives. They do not want something simple to make them laugh, they need some thought put into it. Others from the same age group that do not watch these shows have difficulty when it comes to critical analysis and often prefer television shows such as Jersey Shore or American Idol that does not stimulate your mind.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »
They pretty much get away with making fun of any race, political view, country, celebrity, and all but one religion. 
Actually, they presented that religion is a more idiotic way than any of the others, including the powder sniffing buddha. The only thing that dwarf it is the way they presented the PC fear of "what they will do".
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 05:20:25 PM »
I will admit, I used to think South Park was stupid and the bane of our country. And I will admit, I am no fan of fart jokes, etc. South Park has entire episodes I just cannot watch because they are simply foolish and pander to the lowest denominator.

However, there are far more episodes I find to be pure genious! The political satire they work into that show keeps me coming back!

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 05:41:31 PM »
Sigh...i despise South Park...this is the reason the rest of the world views us as an uncultured bunch of idiots who are only getting worse.

By pointing out what is literally true in the real world? South Park deliberately will say what is true, without any icing to the cake. They were absolutely correct on the first of the 2 part episodes talking about Mohammad in saying that a whole group would get very pissed at them.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 06:20:32 PM »
People that don't watch South Park, Daily Show and Colbert Report, always accuse their audiences of being dim witted or unintelligent. However, having been to a live recording of the Colbert Report, and judging from people I know that watch them, the people that watch these shows are incredibly intelligent. These shows force them to look at everything from all perspectives. They do not want something simple to make them laugh, they need some thought put into it. Others from the same age group that do not watch these shows have difficulty when it comes to critical analysis and often prefer television shows such as Jersey Shore or American Idol that does not stimulate your mind.

I agree about he later two shows, and while South Park does hold a certain intellectual satirest property, it is so rude and vulgar that it, for the most part, disguises the show as a crude program that draws most of its laughs from blue humor.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »
Alternatively, those qualities cleanse itself of those that don't understand that life, in its essence, is rude and vulgar.

Also, with how preachy and political the show can get at times, the crude humor brings it back down to Earth and prevents it from becoming to ridiculous and pretentious.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:25:44 PM by Motherland »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 06:24:14 PM »
<----just gave you dweebs a Hitler  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 06:56:41 PM »
<----just gave you dweebs a Hitler  :D
Thought I could smell something
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »
Make your own S.P. avatar:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/avatar/
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline SLCR

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 08:32:59 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:43:42 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
I laugh at the sometimes complex social commentary humor SP has.

And I laugh at the fart jokes too.

:aok

I believe Medicinal Fried Chicken has worked it way into one of my favorite episodes of all time.  I laugh every time I think about all the men in town with testicular cancer bouncing down the street smoking weed (the music pulls it all together).  Not to mention the KFC rehab clinic.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 08:56:37 PM »
I don't wanna talk about it:

LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »

you never catch the dragon man
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline SLCR

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 08:42:17 PM »
Looks like Skuzzy has never watched South Park.  He took my Cartman avatar away (which I've had up for +5 years)!   :cry