Author Topic: Tank Flipping..........Eliminate  (Read 9563 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tank Flipping..........Eliminate
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 11:35:35 PM »
Fugitive we don't drive into bushes.  Alll we have to do is be near one and tank flips.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 11:42:28 PM »

DON'T DRIVE INTO CONVOYS
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Convoys drive into tanks.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »
Welcome to the Internet.
u mean the intardnet? :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »
So darn true!   :lol  The dam convoy crosses many runways.... Even on your own base you can get a flip....  As I did the other day. 

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Convoys drive into tanks.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:22 AM »
This "complaint" is the same as the collision complaint. Easy fix here folks....

DON"T DRIVE INTO BUSHES

DON'T DRIVE INTO CONVOYS

DON'T DRIVE INTO ACK GUNS

DON'T DRIVE INTO TREES

If you do something stupid there should be a penalty, in this case you flip over. On the other hand we could ask them to remove all the trees, bushes, hills and such and make the land flat. This way there are no hazards there for no unfortunate issues. Wouldn't that be better? :neener:

uhhhh. This is a tank, correct?

And we're not talking about behavior that should be punishable by effectively ending your sortie.

We're talking about a complete immersion-buzz killer that should not be present in any modern game that features ground combat, flight sim or not.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31:10 AM »
This "complaint" is the same as the collision complaint. Easy fix here folks....

DON"T DRIVE INTO BUSHES

DON'T DRIVE INTO CONVOYS

DON'T DRIVE INTO ACK GUNS

DON'T DRIVE INTO TREES

If you do something stupid there should be a penalty, in this case you flip over. On the other hand we could ask them to remove all the trees, bushes, hills and such and make the land flat. This way there are no hazards there for no unfortunate issues. Wouldn't that be better? :neener:
Something stupid hey? Must be referring to your response. In case you missed it somewhere in your quest for wisdom...tanks are not light enough to be flipped over by any of those items listed...you probably have never been in or around a combat tank so I can understand your lack of correct information.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
Im just guessing here ..  but maybe the
 bushes and trees are coded together. Not really any way to seperate them into differrant objects....  So its either all or nothing ?     

I would like to see the foliage as shoot thru..... at some point but its like the game sounds  easy work around  so its not a terrible big deal....  Now that i think of it ive never been flipped by a bush.... Been flipped by other stuff  but not by a bush.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
Something stupid hey? Must be referring to your response. In case you missed it somewhere in your quest for wisdom...tanks are not light enough to be flipped over by any of those items listed...you probably have never been in or around a combat tank so I can understand your lack of correct information.

You people amaze me when you continue to relate this GAME to real life. I know a multi ton tank can not be flipped over by a brush.... how ever, should one fall into a bomb crater a real one most likely would. So while in the game we do not have bomb craters with depth we do have a  graphical rendering that looks like a pile of dirt that will flip you as it is representing a crater. The same goes for every other thing in the GAME. They represent hazards that should be avoided or it will flip your tank.

Of the last 20 tours I have about 60 hours total in GVs. In that time if I flipped more than twice I'd be surprised. Learn to drive and avoid the hazards and you won't flip your vehicle.

Learn to fly ABOVE the trees and you won't rip your wings off.

This is a game people, a tank here weighs nothing because it is just a bunch of pixels on a screens. Learn to play the game with-in the parameters of the game design. Stop looking for easy mode, take a little time to learn how it works, and forget about the real world. In most cases crashing a plane in real life that is missing a wing due to cannon fire is fatal, here however it just means you save the RTB time and can re-up right away.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
Yes but Fugitive, people play this game to become immersed in a WWII combat environment. By your line of reasoning, we could all be flying our planes underwater in the game, and they could all look like eels, because they are just pixels on a screen, who cares!

Your point about the lack of craters tradeoff is semi-accurate, however craters and shrubs differ in functionality. Shrubs and foliage are essential to remaining hidden (and thus succeeding) in a tank. There is definitive reason to get close to them. When getting close to them results in an atrociously unrealistic forced end of sortie, there's a problem there. It's certainly nothing like "learning to fly above the tree level". In a plane, there's little reason to get that low. In a tank, it is CRITICAL to be in and around these obstacles that are so...well, strangely deadly for some strange reason.

It's a problem that must be fixed, not simply adapted to.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
My favorite one is the barge coming from inland to hit you on top of the pier and flip you in the water.

Priceless.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 01:13:32 AM »
Yes but Fugitive, people play this game to become immersed in a WWII combat environment. By your line of reasoning, we could all be flying our planes underwater in the game, and they could all look like eels, because they are just pixels on a screen, who cares!

Your point about the lack of craters tradeoff is semi-accurate, however craters and shrubs differ in functionality. Shrubs and foliage are essential to remaining hidden (and thus succeeding) in a tank. There is definitive reason to get close to them. When getting close to them results in an atrociously unrealistic forced end of sortie, there's a problem there. It's certainly nothing like "learning to fly above the tree level". In a plane, there's little reason to get that low. In a tank, it is CRITICAL to be in and around these obstacles that are so...well, strangely deadly for some strange reason.

It's a problem that must be fixed, not simply adapted to.

+1
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 06:33:21 AM »
and if you get tracked there is no wy it should tilt at a 45 degree angle
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:38 AM »
You people amaze me when you continue to relate this GAME to real life. I know a multi ton tank can not be flipped over by a brush.... how ever, should one fall into a bomb crater a real one most likely would. [/bomb]
Depends on the size and depth of the crater and the angle at which you run through it...the basement of a house is more likely to flip a tank than a bomb crater. I've taken a tank through both. How about if HTC didn't fix some of the aircraft bugs that didn't interfere with flying them? It's just a game, who cares if something doesn't work right...apply your logic to the aircraft.

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »
So darn true!   :lol  The dam convoy crosses many runways.... Even on your own base you can get a flip....  As I did the other day. 

I had a truck hit my PLANE on the runway the other day while taking off.....
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 02:21:50 PM »

DON'T DRIVE INTO CONVOYS

Hard to avoid em especially when you are concentrating on other things...like getting 7 other guys back on the ground in jet bombers.

Convoy came up and I broke almost everything off, did some sort of SAPP style flip and landed an inch onto the RW in TFB!
I mean really...how hard is it to code the convoy to go 50 feet in whatever direction to avoid the RW?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com