Author Topic: Why do we need the 75mm Sherman? (rant)  (Read 5454 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Why do we need the 75mm Sherman? (rant)
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »
it is akin to introducing 'eye candy' that are only good to those with hi end vid cards/computors.

Improving the top end without severely damaging the bottom end...in this case, the other way around. I don't see the issue.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
Kenne,

I really want this new tank, and I don't see why you don't want something new. As far as I see it it's just another tank. If you are worried about performance perhaps you should become a better GVer? I can guarantee that with this new tank I will be able to take on Panzers and Tigers and then get the "ZOMG YOU CHEATER HOW DID YOU DO THAT IN A 75mm SHERMAN? WAAA NOT FAIR!" wines because it's people like you that think this tank will royally suck. All it takes is a well placed shot, and BOOM they are dead.

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 06:51:09 PM »
Kenne its still a game im waiting for it to become real.Again gain a little respect for it and try to use it when it comes out to the best of your interest.

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 06:53:09 PM »
Kenne,

I really want this new tank, and I don't see why you don't want something new. As far as I see it it's just another tank. If you are worried about performance perhaps you should become a better GVer? I can guarantee that with this new tank I will be able to take on Panzers and Tigers and then get the "ZOMG YOU CHEATER HOW DID YOU DO THAT IN A 75mm SHERMAN? WAAA NOT FAIR!" wines because it's people like you that think this tank will royally suck. All it takes is a well placed shot, and BOOM they are dead.

Well said,Personally i have killed Tigers in an M8 still say the 75MM Sherman is ineffective?

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 07:01:43 PM »

Well said,Personally i have killed Tigers in an M8 still say the 75MM Sherman is ineffective?

well seeing that the 37mm M6 gun on the M8 booked down the bunny path at 2900ft/s
and the 75mm M3 of the A3 used a walker to hobble up to 2000ft/s...i kinda agree that the
M8 had pretty good effect against tigers..but then I also add in the speed of the M8, the RoF and the slo traverse of the tiger!

and seeing that the M3gun of the A3 cood pierce 76mm of plate at 500m and that the amor of the PkWIV is ~90mm, yes, I think the 75mm sherman is ineffective.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:21:16 PM by Kenne »
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »
The gun performance is inferior to current tank guns in use.

Whats the incentive to gamers to choose this vehicle except to be kill points for others?

Why is AH wasting our money in designing this 'old' Sherman when we have one already?

Why is AH going for astetics rather than performance...I mean who here flys the Spit Mk1 in the MA?

Why cant AH focus on the 'BS' problems in the MA. AP rounds exploding in trees for example?

Why cant AH develop the M26 Pershing instead of going backwards. Hell, why not develop the M3 Lee instead!!!  It had a 75mm too you know!!

Developing the 75mm Sherman is like bringing back 8track.
2 weeks for all of the rest of your request I hear. :bolt:

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 07:19:31 PM »

Why is AH going for astetics rather than performance...I mean who here flys the Spit Mk1 in the MA?

I do.

I also fly the 109E4 and the Hurri 1.

Aesthetics? Boy, its called a challenge. If you're one of these people who prefer to work for kills like me, then you up an EW plane like the Spit 1.

Don't like it? Quit Whinging and don't use it. Simple as.

seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 08:03:53 PM »
Kenne its going to go in becuase of various request why do you even ask this question.
Like where does it come from?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:10:47 PM by dirt911 »

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 08:06:32 PM »
I mean im not trying to be mean but we need tanks for EW and MW and i promise on my life you will have a blast in the thing.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »
and seeing that the M3gun of the A3 cood pierce 76mm of plate at 500m and that the amor of the PkWIV is ~90mm, yes, I think the 75mm sherman is ineffective.
Yes, because hitting the upper hull is all anyone could ever hope for.   :rolleyes:
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 08:27:03 PM »
I mean im not trying to be mean but we need tanks for EW and MW and i promise on my life you will have a blast in the thing.

In the imortal words of 'Oddball'
"The only way i can keep them busy is to have them shoot holes thru me!"

is that the 'blast' you speak of ;)
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:28 PM »
The continued development of the Sherman is a cost effective way to add variety. The various gun tube configurations allow for both a quality MA tank superior to the current PZIV as well as a more appropriate version similar to the T34/76. I'm sure many will welcome the challenge of the earlier 75mm version even if you don't...remember your "a customer" not "the customer"...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
...remember your "a customer" ...

if that is the way you think,
then that's all you'll ever be!

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
I think the low perk on the Firefly is allowing you to scue the picture.                    Its like having a 50 dollar bill in your pocket  and seeing a 1 dollar bill lying in the street. It looks a lot less attractive than if you only  had 25 cents in your pocket.

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:56 PM »
Kenne its a tank its a chunk of steel. And at this point i refuse to make any more posts on this topic.