Author Topic: Why less players by the day?  (Read 3973 times)

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Why less players by the day?
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:19:17 AM »
I like fighting a rook at 20K from 5k, i like knights apart from the smell, but my whine is there is less and less online all the time.
Being that i live in Aussie land i can only play at night (US would be sleeping) but i log in to find 60 players or around that figure, this would be ok if there was only 2 sides but it makes it hard to find a good fight.
I have been on for 8 or so years and these numbers seem low even compared to 7-8 years ago.
I know some squadies new and old squad are off playing other games, this will happen but i ask why others think that this would be the case as with all the games offline and online i have played its hard to find a better community or game than aces.

Myself i love FSO, even when the MA seems gay i will always without fail log in for FSO, i look forward to it every week or 3 weeks of combat when its running, i cancel seeing a newborn of my spawn or use it as an excuse to get out of piss ups with friends or family if its on.
So my question would be, what do others think could improve the game (what would make you stay) even when you think you have played to long or thatg your a newbie that gets shot down by aces.
I wouldn't bash upgrades like WW1 but its not keeping interest from the new or old, would the game having an arena like FSo on a few times a week in different time slots breath new life?

I like cheese with my whines, but its not just a whine its a question, would more planes keep you, would more history in combat make it better, or maybe even go with paying the top 5 or so players win a prize, cold hard cash type, i don't say that because i could ever win as i am crapola all round, but i do remember a time when it happened and even at my night time the arena was busy.

Any ways don't correct grammar or it will spam up the post, don't feel its a whine as its a question but do kill me when online.
<S> to all the players out there as i love the game and want only to be killed even by the 20k rook.
PS: i do like people that post funny pictures as an answer to my whines! :aok

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Why less players by the day?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:37:54 AM »
and who are you?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:59:13 AM »
its just the day of the week depending on that...Theres days when you cant get into a room and where there isn't anyone
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 06:09:22 AM »
Well i make a post and then log on, tonight apparently bishops were close to a reset   (over 4 hours prior ), but at my time of night with 60 players about 4 hours later we have 27 bishops on 14 in tower waiting for the reset that never happened and eny is at 25 points, so now its not only a game losing players but when i log on its a total load of BS.
Ill tell you how to help this game log out players that sit in the tower for more than 1 hour afk.
I was worried before i logged in, but it looked boring so i upped a mission to get the guys together, but no we couldn't up anything we couldn't up 110s we were over double the eny points to take off, well that sucks ass.
There are so many little things like eny that are no good for players that aren't on in prime time, eg: the people in my part of the world that have a job, and when i get on to find 14+ bishops in a tower waiting to get a few perk points that never happened due to them sitting in the tower.

Kazza, my names over time have been: mijoie, mijoieau, drifts some others and now its scooner, i was a 9 giaper for the most part, up intill the last few weeks and now i am in a new squad, don't know why that matters, but theirs your answer, i haven't posted much in 8 years as i don't usually care about the boards unless something gets my goat.
<S>
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:16:00 AM by mijoieau »

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:40:20 AM »
FYI kazza
just noticed that even though i didn't use the boards for a long time after i signed up, my date for the boards is 2003 2 years before yours, i am not saying it means anything but before you post who are you, like your the center of aces universe be aware that old players don't need to be known or respected by the loud posters, i am just a fool that has payed an aces bill for a long time, and if i see a problem when i play surely i can state it without your type jumping in like you own the game.

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:36:24 AM »
 :banana:

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
Who's this Kaz bloke :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »
Ill tell you how to help this game log out players that sit in the tower for more than 1 hour afk.
And it would help with caps, also.  Though, it sounds like you play in the cap free time.

and who are you?
Why does this matter?  Not a flame or a rhetorical question.

The OP seems reasonable.  At least it is punctuated. Why would it matter ‘who?’
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 08:54:04 AM »
mijo...   I am not sure that these are the complete answer to your question, but heres my take on it.
1.  As you know your night time is the U.S. day time.  Most of the AH pilots are from the U.S.  With that...
2.  Many of the "Yanks" are still pressed with job problems, so those that are working are working harder.
3.  Those that are usually home during our daytime, are starting to work in the yard, spring is here now!

Those are my three cents worth.

Spacer

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:56 AM »
  Yes Spring is here as you descend into Fall/Winter.

Also perhaps New Maps or aircraft should have been made to attract players instead of 3 extra arenas for 10 WWI players.
  Don't get me wrong the WWI was a fun experience when more players flew there but is lacking of late.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »
I think Kazaa's just being a slightly poor troll, that's all  :P
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 09:34:44 AM »
I like fighting a rook at 20K from 5k, i like knights apart from the smell, but my whine is there is less and less online all the time.
Being that i live in Aussie land i can only play at night (US would be sleeping) but i log in to find 60 players or around that figure, this would be ok if there was only 2 sides but it makes it hard to find a good fight.
I have been on for 8 or so years and these numbers seem low even compared to 7-8 years ago.
I know some squadies new and old squad are off playing other games, this will happen but i ask why others think that this would be the case as with all the games offline and online i have played its hard to find a better community or game than aces.

Myself i love FSO, even when the MA seems gay i will always without fail log in for FSO, i look forward to it every week or 3 weeks of combat when its running, i cancel seeing a newborn of my spawn or use it as an excuse to get out of piss ups with friends or family if its on.
So my question would be, what do others think could improve the game (what would make you stay) even when you think you have played to long or thatg your a newbie that gets shot down by aces.
I wouldn't bash upgrades like WW1 but its not keeping interest from the new or old, would the game having an arena like FSo on a few times a week in different time slots breath new life?

I like cheese with my whines, but its not just a whine its a question, would more planes keep you, would more history in combat make it better, or maybe even go with paying the top 5 or so players win a prize, cold hard cash type, i don't say that because i could ever win as i am crapola all round, but i do remember a time when it happened and even at my night time the arena was busy.

Any ways don't correct grammar or it will spam up the post, don't feel its a whine as its a question but do kill me when online.
<S> to all the players out there as i love the game and want only to be killed even by the 20k rook.
PS: i do like people that post funny pictures as an answer to my whines! :aok

Everything has a shelf life even players, maybe you've just reached the end of the road regards interest in the game? it happens, only other suggestion would be get on and play at a time when more people are on if thats possible?  :salute

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 09:40:58 AM »
 Also perhaps New Maps or aircraft should have been made to attract players instead of 3 extra arenas for 10 WWI players.
  Don't get me wrong the WWI was a fun experience when more players flew there but is lacking of late.

There was a lot of purist complaints for years about how they wanted 'the fight' 'furballing' etc etc, well they got it in the WW1 arena theres nowhere to run or hide once you start fighting, can't get much more purist than that. Guess by the way the numbers dropped off after 2 weeks or so a lot of people have been talking out of their A££ for years!  :lol

The reason a lot of people left, you can't run away simple.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:56 AM »
There was a lot of purist complaints for years about how they wanted 'the fight' 'furballing' etc etc, well they got it in the WW1 arena theres nowhere to run or hide once you start fighting, can't get much more purist than that. Guess by the way the numbers dropped off after 2 weeks or so a lot of people have been talking out of their A££ for years!  :lol

The reason a lot of people left, you can't run away simple.
yes and the flyers there now are so nice, honorable, and fun to fly/fight with that in the end WWI was worth it to show what good flyers are like :aok or maybe its cuz i fly WWI when the Brits are on and im in america... :headscratch:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »
for the U.S it is the economy, time of day, any number of things. Sometimes people need a break or stuff comes up. Wait till the summer and there a crap ton of people on(years past atleast).
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS