Author Topic: world pointing shots question  (Read 458 times)

Offline Orbital

• Zinc Member
world pointing shots question
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »
Is there a way to switch target planes so if i have a world pointing shot following one plane and another plane comes up and shoots it can the camera then shift and focus on the new plane at my time of choice? And does anyone know why the film viewer doesn't save a shot properly half the time?

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
Re: world pointing shots question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
Is there a way to switch target planes so if i have a world pointing shot following one plane and another plane comes up and shoots it can the camera then shift and focus on the new plane at my time of choice? And does anyone know why the film viewer doesn't save a shot properly half the time?

Not sure which is which, but there are two world shots if I recall.  One can be stationary, or can be used to zoom toward a spot.  The other can be used to follow a target plane.  That one can be used to follow a formation, for instance.  You'll have to experiment though, as it's been months since I did a video.

No answer on the second question.  The viewer is "a work in progress  ;)", I never bothered saving shots anyway.  I set the shot up, capture it in Guncam, then reconfigure a new shot and just roll along.  Personally I find that helps me with continuity; but YMMV.

o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: world pointing shots question
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »
Basically, you'd have to set up a new shot (even if you re-use the original) and point it at the other plane.  Put both clips together in whatever movie editor you use.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals