Author Topic: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????  (Read 10102 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »
PJ as easy as CVs are too sink, its just too much a wast to put more than 2 on 1 attack. Last time i saw more than 2 together was,
defending against a attack. Saw 2 ffrom base tower. I upped lancs from another field. when i got to the sector i foun 5 CVs in the attack.
All 5 sank in less than 1 min in 1 pass.

Indeed, those guns need to be manned and pilots need to be out in force - agreed. Assuming you could man the batteries, though, and cover the tops, it'd be truly formidable. Of course, all of the enemy would also be concentrated there, since it'd take the whole chess-piece force to do so.

Oh well... FSO, I guess.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »
when i play i have no trouble having enough rank to controll CVs when i want, and i dont play for score or manipulate it. My ran is usually
20s to low 100s.  lol kiddie car bs, well ur doing the same thing, throwing a tantrum and going on 200 to blab CV pos. When u grow up
and think beyound "waaaaaaa waaaaaa(stomps feet) he took my CV" call me lol.

IDGAF about my Rank Whels.   I also don't affect other people's game play deliberately either.   Therein lies the true issue, people DICTATING how their countrymates WILL play. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2010, 04:45:56 PM »
so you want to dictate how they play too?  like i said 2 wrongs dont make a right.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2010, 05:13:52 PM »
so you want to dictate how they play too?  like i said 2 wrongs dont make a right.

There are no "wrongs" ... just action vs re-action ...

Action (hiding/controlling 6-8 CV groups that shouldn't be hidden and not letting anyone use them) ... re-action (divulging their position on 200)

So the lesson is ... don't hide 6-8 CV groups ... and no one will divulge their position.

The hiding has to happen first ... so the responsibility for the re-action lies within those who hide/control the CVs.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
Don't carriers respawn in like half an hour after they are destroyed anyways?

Offline whipster22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #350 on: May 11, 2010, 06:43:08 PM »
5 min.
just dewbing up the bbs
baby seal

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2010, 07:07:34 PM »
IDGAF about my Rank Whels.   I also don't affect other people's game play deliberately either.   Therein lies the true issue, people DICTATING how their countrymates WILL play. 

QFT
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »
Bear76 is right, it's 10 minutes for respawn.

I think the "two wrongs don't make a right" saying depends on the definition of "wrong." I don't see my position as being wrong, but whels does.

I think there is a difference between moving a CV because its homeport has just been captured by another country and commandeering all or most of the CVs just to take them out of play.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #354 on: May 11, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
There are no "wrongs" ... just action vs re-action ...

Action (hiding/controlling 6-8 CV groups that shouldn't be hidden and not letting anyone use them) ... re-action (divulging their position on 200)

So the lesson is ... don't hide 6-8 CV groups ... and no one will divulge their position.

The hiding has to happen first ... so the responsibility for the re-action lies within those who hide/control the CVs.

Whels has been playing longer than I have and it pains me to see him not grasp this most simple of reasons.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #355 on: May 12, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »
Whels has been playing longer than I have and it pains me to see him not grasp this most simple of reasons.   

i advocate this "moving a CV because its homeport has just been captured by another country "
not this "commandeering all or most of the CVs just to take them out of play". you just dont
understand what i posted or didnt bother reading it.