Author Topic: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????  (Read 10160 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2010, 08:32:54 PM »
please explain how this is going to fix the problem?? if its so simple

You need to take a 6 hour class and pass a written and driving test.  Once your license arrives in the mail you can take control of a CV group.
In the event that more than one licensee want control of the CV, control is then based on height.

What could be simpler?

:bolt:

And, just to be proactive.... 

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »
In the event that more than one licensee want control of the CV, control is then based on height.

Body height? Cool! All your CV are belong to me!  :devil
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2010, 08:54:10 PM »
Body height? Cool! All your CV are belong to me!  :devil

trolololololololololol   :lol :lol that is one crazy clip...That isn't you is it lusche

Oh yeah and to keep on subject.....200 can be a helpful tool.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 08:55:47 PM by SPKmes »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2010, 08:59:18 PM »
We ALL know what they'll do.   This post doesn't matter to them, hence some of the replies.  

But the real question is this:  What will the other squads in Rookland do, the next time this issue comes up?   It will happen again.

As a rook I already do what Rolex suggested. I have done it before and have no trouble doing it again.

CV's are to be used, NOT hidden!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
At least someone should have some fun sinking them, since they are just cruise ships otherwise.

20+ pages and finally I've found a gem of wisdom.  Nice metaphor, Rolex.

- oldman

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2010, 12:50:24 AM »
20+ pages and finally I've found a gem of wisdom.  Nice metaphor, Rolex.

- oldman

If Rolex says it, I'm in
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »
lol its funny how some call 1 thing bad (CV hidding) and yet advocate something just as bad or worse(telling enemy where CV is on 200).
CV hidding doesnt harm your country unless they are keeping CVs out of play that have safe ports, then that becomes something for HT
to resolve.  Keeping a CV out of action  when its port is under attack(if CV isnt @ port to help) or captured is a good tactic. Id rather have the CV safe in our hands than in enemy hands used against us.  If you dont like how a CV is used then out rank the  player or find someone who is, Thats how HT programmed it.  blatantly harming ur country by telling the enemy where a assest is, just because someone
took ur CV out of play, is wrong and even more childish than what u think he is doing by hiding the CV.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
lol its funny how some call 1 thing bad (CV hidding) and yet advocate something just as bad or worse(telling enemy where CV is on 200).
CV hidding doesnt harm your country unless they are keeping CVs out of play that have safe ports, then that becomes something for HT
to resolve.  Keeping a CV out of action  when its port is under attack(if CV isnt @ port to help) or captured is a good tactic. Id rather have the CV safe in our hands than in enemy hands used against us.  If you dont like how a CV is used then out rank the  player or find someone who is, Thats how HT programmed it.  blatantly harming ur country by telling the enemy where a assest is, just because someone
took ur CV out of play, is wrong and even more childish than what u think he is doing by hiding the CV.

If someone wants to use a CV group, they should be afforded the opportunity.   Instead some "Großadmiral wannabe" says "No, we're stashing them up here".   This is "Score aside" btw.   If someone wanted to use one of the 6-8 CV's being hijacked, is it that much of a travesty?   If so, you need to find another game to play.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »
If someone wants to use a CV group, they should be afforded the opportunity.   Instead some "Großadmiral wannabe" says "No, we're stashing them up here".   This is "Score aside" btw.   If someone wanted to use one of the 6-8 CV's being hijacked, is it that much of a travesty?   If so, you need to find another game to play.

They do have the opertunity, just like everyone else. its called rank. If  CV command is being abused by certain pilot/squad
then it is something for HTC to correct. Its not for u or anyone to go on 200 n tell the locations just because u dont like
what is done with the CVs.   Like i said before doing 2 things bad dont make either of them good.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »
They do have the opertunity, just like everyone else. its called rank. If  CV command is being abused by certain pilot/squad
then it is something for HTC to correct. Its not for u or anyone to go on 200 n tell the locations just because u dont like
what is done with the CVs.   Like i said before doing 2 things bad dont make either of them good.

"Rank".   So in to be a "Großadmiral wannabe" the 1st requirement is to: "Pretend to be excellent by manipulating score in order to move 1 of 6-8 CV's being deliberately kept by one person".   BS Whels, you know it and most of us know it. 

I will continue to post on 200.   If dolts don't want it posted on 200, leave the kiddie car BS at the Lobby when they com in to play.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: May 11, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
"Rank".   So in to be a "Großadmiral wannabe" the 1st requirement is to: "Pretend to be excellent by manipulating score in order to move 1 of 6-8 CV's being deliberately kept by one person".   BS Whels, you know it and most of us know it. 

I will continue to post on 200.   If dolts don't want it posted on 200, leave the kiddie car BS at the Lobby when they com in to play.   

when i play i have no trouble having enough rank to controll CVs when i want, and i dont play for score or manipulate it. My ran is usually
20s to low 100s.  lol kiddie car bs, well ur doing the same thing, throwing a tantrum and going on 200 to blab CV pos. When u grow up
and think beyound "waaaaaaa waaaaaa(stomps feet) he took my CV" call me lol.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #341 on: May 11, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »
Not to interrupt the pissing contest but, I could see multiple CV groups being effective as a means of throwing huge chunks of steel/as floating a/c bases. Yet I never see more that 1 or 2 CVs together. That the one time a Fleet was assembled was to be hidden strikes me as a bit stupid, given the utility of such a powerful force for good ol' fashioned ass-whupping/base takin'.

Has anyone ever seen a fleet of 3-4 cv's assembled for the purpose of bringing a lot of ugly to the emmaknee?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #342 on: May 11, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »
Not to interrupt the pissing contest but, I could see multiple CV groups being effective as a means of throwing huge chunks of steel/as floating a/c bases. Yet I never see more that 1 or 2 CVs together. That the one time a Fleet was assembled was to be hidden strikes me as a bit stupid, given the utility of such a powerful force for good ol' fashioned ass-whupping/base takin'.

Has anyone ever seen a fleet of 3-4 cv's assembled for the purpose of bringing a lot of ugly to the emmaknee?

PJ as easy as CVs are too sink, its just too much a wast to put more than 2 on 1 attack. Last time i saw more than 2 together was,
defending against a attack. Saw 2 ffrom base tower. I upped lancs from another field. when i got to the sector i foun 5 CVs in the attack.
All 5 sank in less than 1 min in 1 pass.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »

Yes, and it's a major tactical blunder in AH. You will just enable enemy Lancs to kill 3 CV's for the price of one.
In real world, 3 CV's instead of one mean three times more attackers & fighters... a possibly overwhelming force.
In AH, the number of planes in a battle are not limited by the space on CV, but by the number of players around. More CV don't mean more players/planes.

A second task force can be an asset if it's holding back as a reserve fleet in case the first one has been sunk. But for that, it has to stay away from the action until the original task force had lost its CV.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »
PJ as easy as CVs are too sink, its just too much a wast to put more than 2 on 1 attack. Last time i saw more than 2 together was,
defending against a attack. Saw 2 ffrom base tower. I upped lancs from another field. when i got to the sector i foun 5 CVs in the attack.
All 5 sank in less than 1 min in 1 pass.

All that tells me is that they were posse'd up without adequate air cover - given what a crunchy, blood-squirting treat a box o' Lancs is for even one well-armed fighter. But, okay, I'll accept your explanation, given the general lack of coordination in the MA's.

I really like it when you kill the Lanc Pilot - at least I think that's what happened the other w/e when I came in (with my gondo-armed G-14) like a bat out of hell on the lead and, next thing I know, they were all dead - and I swear I didn't touch the other two.

Generally, I find 3 Lancs to be a pretty good bet if I'm flying the G-14 w/gondos, a D-9, a Niki, even a Spit VIII - anything with decent kanonen.

They gave up protection with that bombload. The 17 is so much tougher.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.