Author Topic: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????  (Read 10234 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: Taking Carriers Out Of The Game??????
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »
How about putting a range on CVs?  They can only go x sectors from their ports, or so many hours of cruising before automatically returning to port.

Not a bad idea but then you would have people complaining because all but 1  of the ports have been captured and they can't move that 1 cv around to enemy bases. 

The other idea I'm not fond of because of how long the cv's take to move around as it is.  What is it now about 30 min. it takes to travel a sector abouts just an estimate, and if you had to continue to move it every so hours you wouldn't get it anywhere before it respawned.  If this were put in place I couldn't see it re-spawning but once in 24hr period minimum. 

I think taking the cv's out of the capture process would be a good idea and funner fights for both sides.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »
In a game where country loyalty is dicouraged (see every ENY thread), I guess it's not a surprise that people jump countries and do stupid stuff like this.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
:rofl :rofl

Having the pleasure of being in the same squad with Lynx, all i can say is those lectures were some of the funniest things Ive ever experienced in AH. Yes, Admiral Lynx is defiantly missed in Rookland 

+1

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 02:29:13 PM »
Yeah we have some serious CV's right now. But we need them on the front lines not at the back of the map.
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »
In a game where country loyalty is dicouraged (see every ENY thread), I guess it's not a surprise that people jump countries and do stupid stuff like this.

I would counter argue (unless I missed you're point completely) that people more prone to either hiding the cv away in never never land and/or switching sides to help someone sink the cv are the same people who really care about winning the "war" and hold a strong affiliation of affinity for one particular country.  Winning the cartoon war would have to rank pretty high on someone's AH priorities to engage in shady shenanigans like that. 

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »
I fight under the Rook flag, and through some detective work I have found out who is responsible for removing all of our C.V.'s to the far corners of the map.
The shocking thing isnt that this person holds a very high Rank (and therfore should know better), but that an entire squad is contributing to it in the form of misdirection, denial, and out n out lies when they are faced with the reality of finaly being caught.

Most people who have a valid reason when questiond will answer "why" they are doing somthing that effects the entire country, and will at-least identify themselves.
I believe what we have here is a person/person's drunk with power, and with a theocracy's arrogance, they have decided what is best for everyone.

Somthing is very wrong with the current way C.V. command is exchanged, as one person is simply able to take command/release command as many times as they want.
This results in a C.V. perpetualy turning within its own length as the culprit is forced to jump from C.V. to C.V., or it results in what we have today in Orange..., 5 C.V. groups with perfectly healthy Ports bottled up in the far corner of the map.
It was blind luck when I FINALY after 2 hours I was able to catch the guy red handed.

My score and several others who repeatedly tried to move just ONE C.V. out of that corner was 200 or bellow, and thats an abomination...
This squads ideal (whatever it may be) is not somthing that should be crammed down the throats of the entire country, Nor should we all be required to perk farm, mindlessly bomb strats, or otherwise play in a way that requires a rank of 50 or below just to command ONE C.V. out of 8.

This is an abuse of privledge, and it should be stopped by limiting the number of time's a person is able to command diffrent C.V.'s, or by some other means that doesnt affect the current perk system.

Im not mentioning names, because there isn't a point other than to get myself banned, or to be called a liar again for what I saw, so im required to come here and somhow get the point across another way.

When I finaly got them to admit responsibility the attitude was, (and I quote) "get used to it".

"Ummmmmm, No."

A8Popy, Rook.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:07:31 PM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:19 PM »

Im not mentioning names, because there isn't a point other than to get myself banned, or to be called a liar again for what I saw, so im required to come here and somhow get the point across another way.

When I finaly got them to admit responsibility the attitude was, (and I quote) "get used to it".

"Ummmmmm, No."

A8Popy, Rook.

Hey A8Popy, I have flown with your squad and you guys are a class act.

It's quite clear on country channel who is doing it. Claim Jumpers. I guess they have decided what the best course of action is for everyone on the map and I don't think HTC is going to ban anyone for complaining about this. I am sure they will make the right decision when the cards are down. They normally do. Its really ashame we have to complain about our own country guys.

I saw about 20 rooks  discussing this on country channel with Claim Jumpers but all were met with insults and baggering. It just shows the level of mentality we have to deal with from this group but I hope HTC will make the right call for the benefit everyone. We all got the same treatment when asking Claim Jumpers to move the CVs into playable positions.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:21:41 PM by COndor06 »
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
Well maybe its time they disband the playskool mentality squad, something has to be done how can anyone enjoy the game with a Squad acting like its there game
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Airborne

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
Yes well, last night bish captured a bunch of ports and alas, no carriers because someone was hiding them, so after an 1.5 hour flight to bomb em back (without getting plinked, long long long flight) we finally did it...

However, I don't have any problem with my wife piddling around in a flak gun (she likes to sometimes, no kidding) somewhere on our other desktop while Im on my account and be danged that she doesnt like to fly bish, just rook and/or knit and man, look at all the pretty boats hiding  :x            :bolt:

but then again, I guess I can't do that because HTC would consider that cheating, no? Yet it appears they dont consider someone intentionally preventing their own teammates from using assets and therefore hindering their ability to thoroughly enjoy the game cheating?

all I know, is that when a game fails to patch/fix/correct an issue, eventually the players take it upon themselves, and then it gets weird...

And taking carriers out of the game as a "solution" is probably the most ruhtohded thing that could be suggested, in my opinion.

~Airborne

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
Thank you for the posts affirming the sillyness of squads acting this way, and thank you for any post that equaly explain why such an act is neccesary...

I have spent tonight trying to understand why these guys continue to hold our CV's hostage, and no explination is forth-coming.
The culprit ducked every questiond asked of him by refering to the port of ONE of the 5 CV's that had been taken...
A port that might still be the Rooks if he hadnt moved the CV 1000 miles away from supporting it.

His final thought on how to solve the problem he had created, was for me to switch teams and destroy my own country's CV's..., somthing I wouldnt consider at the lowest of times.
Somthing needs to be done...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:44:54 PM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
who ever it is, is a griever just spoiling everyone Else's fun, id like to say what i think but a PNG is not what I'm looking for lol, all you can do is film it and send it in, i have a feeling something will be done, if not it needs to be done
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:52:35 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2010, 12:08:08 AM »
Are you kidding? 

I love trying to find hidden carriers and sinking them.

Provides a unique application to which the AR234 is particularly suited.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be hiding when I'm online to be able to hunt for them.

Might have to check back in more often..

Hmmm.

Unique perspective but he speaks the truth. Remember that time we went looking for those suckers in our expensive AR234s and ran out of gas.  :rofl :rofl    :salute

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2010, 12:50:22 AM »
Well maybe its time they disband the playskool mentality squad, something has to be done how can anyone enjoy the game with a Squad acting like its there game
Woot! +1. The whole purpose of them wanting 120 people in a squad is so they can control the game. Why else would you want that many in squad? Claim Jumpers alone fill up a whole page on the clipboard roster most days and nights. It's just nuts. Just that squad can make the difference in whether or not your country has an ENY. Half of them probably don't know who their squaddies are unless they look on the clipboard.
I can't tell you how many times I've defended against 2, 3 or 4 trying to take a base, only to be flat out mugged by 20,30 or 40 after you killed the first little bunch. It's just ridiculous sometimes. There's no sportmanship, skill or anything. It's just do what ya got to do to get your name in lights and get a good rank.
This kind of thing can't be good at keeping the interest of new players and it turns off the old customers as well.
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2010, 01:14:28 AM »
As far as CV control goes, there's nothing wrong with the way it's set up in the game. It's the way some folks use them is the problem. I say if you take control of the boat your arse is stuck on it until it's sunk. You log off and log back in....you go to your boat and sit. Let these twits babysit these CVs in never never land if that's where they want to put them. Then see how long they hide them. And controling more then 1?.......nah ah, you get 1 not 3 or 4.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2010, 01:41:50 AM »
Claim Jumpers alone fill up a whole page on the clipboard roster most days and nights. It's just nuts. Just that squad can make the difference in whether or not your country has an ENY. Half of them probably don't know who their squaddies are unless they look on the clipboard.
I can't tell you how many times I've defended against 2, 3 or 4 trying to take a base, only to be flat out mugged by 20,30 or 40 after you killed the first little bunch. It's just ridiculous sometimes. There's no sportmanship, skill or anything. It's just do what ya got to do to get your name in lights and get a good rank.

I'm not going to judge another squad and how they go about doing things but in the last month i've twice learn't about their unscrupulous recruitment activity.   2 players in question, one was a squadless Brit who was undergoing a trial with us on ventrilo.  The hard sell was done by PM when the person in question already told him NO thanks!!  

The second was an FA refugee, an old school player, that became known to me after he recognised my name from 8 years ago.  I was horrified when I learn't that he had just accepted their invite because of the constant harrassment!  

Now if the CJ's are helping new players learn the ins and outs of the game and answering noob questions I salute them for it.  However I'm more inclined to think by boosting their number they believe that they will increase the chances of a base take somewhere on the map.  :rolleyes:   This is not healthy for future gameplay or the FIGHT!!

Rooks have forced ENY for much of the time and I'm very glad we are moving Knights as of now.

We have seen the proud Rook nation ruined once before by the mission orientated types  (LCA etc)  I'm sure it will keep happening sometime, same place different names....

Thankfully these two players will now be saved from a fate worse than death itself.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:45:29 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H