Author Topic: New Low in the MA?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline ReDeViL2

• Zinc Member
New Low in the MA?
« on: April 29, 2010, 03:39:06 PM »
Well, as if divebombing Lancastukas was bad enough, today I witnesses what may have taken the cake, lol.  While attempting a capture (not gonna name country), I witnessed certain individuals come off the runway, strafe a GV or troops in town, then bail immediately upon clearing town.  This also happened as soon as you put a few shots into them.  Now, obviously they pay their dues to fly like, well, that...but cmon, has it gotten that bad where guys wont even put up a fight?  Just struck me as odd and more than myself was witness to this crap.  Oh, and new Rock-N-Roll Squadron Wing...Bail Wing...they get close to an NME and bail to watch the battle below.  Anyone want the CO position? :lol

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: New Low in the MA?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
Sometimes after clearing a town of GVs and there is another wave coming, it's quicker just to auger or bail out and get a new plane instead flying back and rearming.

The majority of my deaths in fighters is because I usually auger after the fight is over because I don't want to spend the time flying all the way back to my base and landing.  It's far quicker just to auger and get a brand new shiny plane.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:21:20 PM »
At least they're defending and not taking the path to least resistance.  That's commendable.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »
Bail if you want.  I do it to get back into the action quicker...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
It's nothing new.  See it all the time.  Up bombers to carpet bomb IB vehicles at the spawn.  They either get shot down or auger so they can up another formation to carpet bomb again.

Not very sporting, but this game is all about taking and protecting territory and winning teh warz, not about fighting.

Oh yeah, I bail all the time from a plane if I see action elsewhere on the map.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 04:43:09 PM »
"Sometimes after clearing a town of GVs and there is another wave coming, it's quicker just to auger or bail out and get a new plane instead flying back and rearming."

Fair point, particularly in the situation you describe - but some of the best flights I've enjoyed have been dodging the flak 'n' fighters while flogging my damaged ride home to 'live to fight another day'. All part of the rich AH tapestry, methinks.

:cool:
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »
I've been playing the game for about a year and half and have been on the forums for roughly a year.  I've been reading posts like this the whole time.  Not always about this particular issue but this and that.  I'm not trying to  criticize the OP but I question how much game play has really deteriorated.

It doesn't make sense to me on a macro level how game style could shift so much with only relatively minor changes to the style of game.  Sure I've seen divebombing lancs, but relatively speaking I see them very rarely.  I suspect these "questionable" tactics have been used for a long long time and people notice them more or just end up experiencing them more or just grow more critical of other people's style.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »
Sometimes after clearing a town of GVs and there is another wave coming, it's quicker just to auger or bail out and get a new plane instead flying back and rearming.

The majority of my deaths in fighters is because I usually auger after the fight is over because I don't want to spend the time flying all the way back to my base and landing.  It's far quicker just to auger and get a brand new shiny plane.

ack-ack

ahh if you spent less time on the BBs.... you would have even more deaths!

back on topic:  yes that is dweeb reddevil, I call for help and rearm instead of bailing out or crash. It is a challenge to try to land-rearm-take off again in as less time as possible too!     Sort of a F1 pit-stop!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 05:47:03 PM by chewie86 »
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
maybe they bail to get in the maproom  :aok sometimes the HOARD will neglect the maproom only to have the entire HOARD effort PWND by a .45  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »
ahh if you spent less time on the BBs.... you would have even more deaths!

back on topic:  yes that is dweeb reddevil, I call for help and rearm instead of bailing out or crash. It is a challenge to try to land-rearm-take off again in as less time as possible too!     Sort of a F1 pit-stop!
i do it too sometimes chew and i usually rtb...
maybe they bail to get in the maproom  :aok sometimes the HORDE will neglect the maproom only to have the entire HORDE effort PWND by a .45  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
fixed :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
I've been playing the game for about a year and half and have been on the forums for roughly a year.  I've been reading posts like this the whole time.  Not always about this particular issue but this and that.  I'm not trying to  criticize the OP but I question how much game play has really deteriorated.

It doesn't make sense to me on a macro level how game style could shift so much with only relatively minor changes to the style of game.  Sure I've seen divebombing lancs, but relatively speaking I see them very rarely.  I suspect these "questionable" tactics have been used for a long long time and people notice them more or just end up experiencing them more or just grow more critical of other people's style.

10 years ago when I started it was far different. There were less people then, less bombers available, less GVs, and almost as many fighters  :P

The game was geared toward fighter combat more than anything else. There were base captures but squads went head to head to fight over them, and they changed hands back and forth all night. They reset the map on Tuesdays because most of the time nobody won the war all week but it was nice to see a different map each week.

Today its too much about winning the war, or capturing as many bases as you can on your "shift", or work your score. Fighting really gets in the way of those things.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
10 years ago when I started it was far different. There were less people then, less bombers available, less GVs, and almost as many fighters  :P

The game was geared toward fighter combat more than anything else. There were base captures but squads went head to head to fight over them, and they changed hands back and forth all night. They reset the map on Tuesdays because most of the time nobody won the war all week but it was nice to see a different map each week.

Today its too much about winning the war, or capturing as many bases as you can on your "shift", or work your score. Fighting really gets in the way of those things.
you can have fun pulling a fighter run without working your score and still happily go home with 5-10 kills :aok this is actually where i find my most fun with or without my squad
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline ReDeViL2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »
I appreciate the feedback guys.  While I understand the whole "try to get back up as quick as possible to get the next wave."  Like a few of the guys said, just shows that some guys would rather just get easy kills by carpet bombing a spawn or town from 2k or running to the map room with his little .45 rather than try to fight it out as long as they can to see if they can stay up with 1 plane/GV.  I have also on occasion bailed a set of Buffs after a run (usually because my planes were FUBAR and impossible to get back...but when I re-up I will make my best effort to stay up.  I pride myself and my Squad on making it home every flight, kills or not, but like I said, if ya want to do that then hey.  Again, thanks for the feedback. :salute

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 08:31:03 PM »
What Fugitive said. :aok

No big deal to me.  If somebody wants to play like that,  it's their 15 bucks.  

It's always nice to win a few battles in a fair fight.  A fair fight (if there is such a thing lately), is even sides, with gvs rolling in on the town and groups of fighters and jabo support to protect the ground battle.  Those are the good fights that we always hope for, but succumb to the horde, eventually.

That's why many of us keep coming back.  Looking for the "good fights".

I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 08:37:49 PM »
The lowest thing I see in the mains is hordes rolling bases on one side of the map, then going to the other side, and continually switching back and forth.  It's impossible to put up a defense.  They roll your base the first time, you wait for a bit for the next giant red blob and you realize it's on the other side of the map, so you shrug it off, go do something else, and next thing you know half an hour later, the blob is back steam rolling your base.  You scramble to land and take off to fight it and it's too late by the time you get there.  Cycle continues.  Pathetic.