Author Topic: a doubt on joystick calibration procedure  (Read 522 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
a doubt on joystick calibration procedure
« on: April 30, 2010, 03:05:13 AM »
:salute

As in subject, I have a doubt on joystick calibration procedure.
Can someone writes it pls?

P.S.:

Doubts arise from the fact that on clipboard there is a function named joystick calibration
that requires to move all the joystick's axes to calibrate it. But always by clipboard We can calibrate
axes separately too. This option difference can be obviously but i still have a such VERIFIED lack of response on
my ch joystick that I think I have some calibration conflict.

mobilis in mobile

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: a doubt on joystick calibration procedure
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 04:03:14 AM »
First off, if you have the latest version of CH Control Manager, you have to calibrate your joystick within that program.  The new version of CH Control Manager no longer allows you to use the Windows calibration applet and you have to now calibrate within CH Control Manager. 

Next, start AH and bring up the clipboard and click on Options-->Control-->Calibrate Joystick and follow the instructions to calibrate your controls. 

Next, click on Map Controllers and select your controller.  You'll now see the axis for the selected controller.  Highlight the axis (one at a time) and then click on the Calibrate Axis button and follow the instructions.  Do this for each axis assigned to your controllers. 

Now your controllers should be properly calibrated.  Just a note, if you want, you don't have to calibrate the assigned axis for each controller.  However, I do recommend that you do so to ensure that the controllers work properly within the game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:01:10 AM »

TY Ack-Ack.
Never did the second step!!!
Before try is it possible to save some AH settings to use again
in case of mistakes? And which settings?

mobilis in mobile

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
Easiest way is just copy your settings folder and save it somewhere safe. That will help you if you ever have to reinstall AH.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 01:23:03 PM »
Normally I back up my entire settings folder. That has it all, from head positions to login and password.

Burn it to a CD, stick it on a flash drive, hide it on the wifes computer. Whatever it takes. :)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 06:34:01 PM »
TY

mobilis in mobile

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 11:29:45 PM »
Calibrating joystick does every axis, meaning you must do all your rudder pedals, separate throttle units, AND your joystick before you click "Okay"

Calibrating a single axis does the same thing, but allows you to JUST calibrate one at a time (for whatever reason you may have).

"Calibrate joystick" includes all, so there is no need to do them a second time individually unless you are having problems with one.

P.S. Please note that throttles and other things should be returned as close to center as you can before clicking "Okay" -- otherwise your calibration will be messed up if you leave your axes maxed instead of returning to center.