Author Topic: This Week in the AVA-- Birth of a Legend  (Read 2195 times)

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
Re: This Week in the AVA-- Birth of a Legend
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 10:24:02 AM »
With the ongoing SEC scenario I would like to see the manual calibration mode for BUFFS if that's possible, I'm asking this because I dont know if TA has the manual calibration mode enabled anywhere.
This is not the only motivation in typing this. AvA has no icons, this leads to a more simulation style to the game, even more with Auto Calibration OFF    :pray
Mine is just a suggestion, yes or no? 
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
It has always been manual calibration in AvA.

Has it recently changed?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »
Chewie, I haven't done any bombing in the AvA with this setup and I haven't seen any notices that the calibration has been changed to easy mode. If it was set to "easy mode" it's to try and get more participation from bomber types...just an experiment at this point to see if it makes a difference in attendance.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »
default bombing mode in the AVA is manual calibration.

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 04:25:09 AM »
default bombing mode in the AVA is manual calibration.
yep, checked that out yesterday, sorry.  I remember that it was default in AvA then for some reason it was changed to easy mode  (a long while back) ... if my memory isn't starting to loose things all around..  :uhoh

BTW, great fun yesterday night, really.  One of the funniest nights in AH that I'll remember. I had the tracking system enabled for even more immersion. Night time was really fun and appreciated by me!!!
Me and my squaddie 4brkfast messed for few first sorties in I-16s, w/o winging so much but getting shot down a lot, no match in close combat against the A6M2.  :airplane: Then we tried the SBD, a couple of times in different planes, some sorties together in 1 plane gunning in the backseat for eachother: same result :lol.   So we stepped back to the I-16 and winged together like she was a 190A8 in the MA, scored and landed a lot of kills. :banana: It was a real blast. Thanks a lot guys.  :rock  :cheers:
 :salute
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 07:45:56 AM »
when used properly and efficiently (and 1Duke1 isn't flying against you), the I16 can be a monster. I've gotten quite a few kills with it. usually on unsuspecting victim's!

Duke made it pretty interesting last night. i knew right away when he was on my tail and then it was just a matter of time. Great fights duke!  :salute

It was a blast while i was in there. The planes being able to take off from Vbases to keep the fights close worked out well. although i found that people need to get their landing gear up just a bit sooner when taking off out of the hanger!  :D

<S> to all that played last night
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:32:33 AM by captain1ma »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »
Last night was indeed a blast...I should have gotten on earlier...would have given me more time to pad Chewi and 4brkfast scores...  :D And I'm not apologizing for shooting some of you guys in the face...the guns on that baby zeke are weak and that I16 is like shooting at an armored car.

IMO when there are people in the AvA, it's the best arena around...non stop action and tense fights.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »
:aok

:O Zeke vs. I-16......  :bolt: Don't let 321Bar know.  :D
guess what? :D i know!!!
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Fianna40

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »
I jumped in too. As a relative newbie, I spent most of my time trying to stay alive ( I flew Bishops). Some of the "you pick the zeke off of my tail and I'll check yours" seemed to keep us in business longer than I thought. This was a great deal of fun. I can see where greater squad integration/wingman tactics would help. Thanks for letting me play.
"This is it chaps" - 'Paddy' Finucane

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 06:50:48 AM »
feel free to come in anytime...... bring a friend! <S>

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
I jumped in too. As a relative newbie, I spent most of my time trying to stay alive ( I flew Bishops). Some of the "you pick the zeke off of my tail and I'll check yours" seemed to keep us in business longer than I thought. This was a great deal of fun. I can see where greater squad integration/wingman tactics would help. Thanks for letting me play.

:aok Welcome, as you pointed out, cooperation with fellow countrymen seems to be the best way to maintain a SA.   Enemy icons off, has had the greatest impact on the game, and in a good way.  I believe like Jaeger1 says, if more folks would try it out and bring a friend, the appeal would grow to the numbers that we haven't seen in a while.

BTW, is Fianna your in game ID?  Want to give you a  :salute when I see you, for trying something new.

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »
Chewie, I haven't done any bombing in the AvA with this setup and I haven't seen any notices that the calibration has been changed to easy mode. If it was set to "easy mode" it's to try and get more participation from bomber types...just an experiment at this point to see if it makes a difference in attendance.

Never put in easy mode calibration!!!

The main reason I was drawn to the AvA was manual calibration,  it is perfect practice for FSO  while enjoying a 'historical'  nature on our own time.

Easy mode, dumbs things down.  The AvA is historical and should stay that way.  If you want easy mode, go into the main arena.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Fianna40

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »
:aok Welcome, as you pointed out, cooperation with fellow countrymen seems to be the best way to maintain a SA.   Enemy icons off, has had the greatest impact on the game, and in a good way.  I believe like Jaeger1 says, if more folks would try it out and bring a friend, the appeal would grow to the numbers that we haven't seen in a while.

BTW, is Fianna your in game ID?  Want to give you a  :salute when I see you, for trying something new.

It is. I've been stooging about, trying to learn more than I can using the offline mode. My schedule hasn't enabled me to set up time with a trainer yet, so I've been dabbling in the arenas, in an attempt at learning by osmosis. And augering in. :headscratch:
"This is it chaps" - 'Paddy' Finucane