Author Topic: Got Milk?  (Read 1226 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Got Milk?
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
I'm going for top dog in the ranks this tour and I need to know what's the best way to milk run for the most points. I need to know about what GVs and planes to use, guns, rockets...all that stuff.
Also, should I set the alarm so that i get up real early in the morning or really late at night? What arenas do I need to be in? Do I need a 2nd account for to get #1 fighter spot? I'm willing to do what it takes to get ole Uptown on the home page boys!! Yall just give me some pointers and I'll gitter dun  :rock
And when I get to the top, I'll promise to remember all the little people that helped me on my rise to greatness.....honest i will. :joystick:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: Got Milk?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:27:45 PM »
Do I need a 2nd account for to get #1 fighter spot?

NO

Well.... that is to say, that's not how most of those who have finished in first did it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:38:08 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »
Surely sir, you're not suggesting I engage planes that shoot back at me! That's taking too much of a chance Steve. Jeez even I know that  :rolleyes:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
Surely sir, you're not suggesting I engage planes that shoot back at me! That's taking too much of a chance Steve. Jeez even I know that  :rolleyes:

At least you won't have to change your flying style :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »
Surely sir, you're not suggesting I engage planes that shoot back at me! That's taking too much of a chance Steve. Jeez even I know that  :rolleyes:

On a serious note, people tend to overrate K/D in terms of rank & overall score. Protecting your K/D at all costs will make your fighter rank suffer. Astronomical K/Ds past ~5 or so won't help you much. Constantly running away, hovering at 20k looking for buffs or afk pilots  "hurts" your rank.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:39:27 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
Thank you Snailman. That is helpful

Bear, that hurts my feelings and I'm going to vulch you now to pad my fighter rank!  :furious Check6 you.....you you not very good at score guy!  :furious

Bear76 shall be my shade name! Muwhahahahaha  :devil
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:42:29 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 04:47:03 PM »
Do I need a 2nd account for to get #1 fighter spot?
I guess that's one way to do it. :lol

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »

uptown, the most important thing you need is a mass of dedicated ankle humping "helpers" these are very usefull in setting up easy kills and bailing you out of certain death when you run into a skilled stick.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »
I dont know Milkin can be a risky adventure  :confused: Still looking for the last guy that tried  :uhoh

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 05:21:47 PM »
I'm going for top dog in the ranks this tour and I need to know what's the best way to milk run for the most points. I need to know about what GVs and planes to use, guns, rockets...all that stuff.
Also, should I set the alarm so that i get up real early in the morning or really late at night? What arenas do I need to be in? Do I need a 2nd account for to get #1 fighter spot? I'm willing to do what it takes to get ole Uptown on the home page boys!! Yall just give me some pointers and I'll gitter dun  :rock
And when I get to the top, I'll promise to remember all the little people that helped me on my rise to greatness.....honest i will. :joystick:
Using a second account or dumb squaddie to "Vulch" and/or "Perk Farm" will get you zero'd out for the month in that arena and/or banned for continual "Cheating" as seen in the eyes of the powers at be at HTC. Just seen it happen last week in EW when an individual landed 21 kills on a squaddie in a P40B then tried to input entries into the text buffer to roll it out. The two IMF's logs were checked and they were zero'd out for the month and and are now on the "Watch List". So, don't go about things this sort of way. If you are serious about wanting to "Improve your Numbers, PM me and I will give you information on how to "Legally" do it. {Now waiting for the BashTards to chime in}
 :cheers: 1MADDOG1 :bolt:

EDIT: Cost = 2 Cases Coors Light, 1 Case Verdi Spumanti and 2 Cartons of Marlboro 100's Full Flavor in the Box.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:26:31 PM by 1MADDOG1 »
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 05:32:31 PM »
About 3 tours ago I got ranked like 9 overall fairly easily.

GVs- Base Captures, ever since the new strat system went into play it seems base captures are the big thing(4 should get you pretty low). Also try to have a K/D of over 2. You can take a 251 to a town just make sure the town gets deacked.

Bomber-Long milkruns, get alt ad dont lose any planes as much as possible. Base Captures help too, 4 just like GVs.

Fighter-Its the easiest to understand but the hardest to actually go low in unless you only fly temps and 51s.

Attack- This is where I actually got the lowest. My main Jabbo ride is the 190F8 perfect for deacking and killing the small stuff. I use a F6F if I need to kill multiple gvs or hangars. 110 of course is the best for town killing. Get a high K/D by making your attacks from the far side of the enemy base back toward friends, sets up easy ropes for your buds.

Thats pretty much all you have to do.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
Not to worry Maddog. Anyone that knows me will tell ya I have always played on the up and up. I wouldn't dream of opening 2nd account. My wife complains about one account half the time  :lol I'm just being silly and having a little fun.

I do like to try for a good score or rank every once in a while but get bored with it rather quickly. I end up getting aggravated with the whole thing by months end and just let the #s fall where they may.

P.S. 2 cases of beer, 1 case of wine and 2 cartons of smokes?!  Jeez man you're high maintenance  :lol
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:04:33 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »

I do like to try for a good score or rank every once in a while but get bored with it rather quickly. I end up getting aggravated with the whole thing by months end and just let the #s fall where they may.

Yup...whenever I type .score to find out my kills and stuff and I see a low score, I sometimes try to keep it low, but I lose the fun factor and it usually ends up going up if I 'try', therefore I don't bother with it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »
Not to worry Maddog. Anyone that knows me will tell ya I have always played on the up and up. I wouldn't dream of opening 2nd account. My wife complains about one account half the time  :lol I'm just being silly and having a little fun.

P.S. 2 cases of beer, 1 case of wine and 2 cartons of smokes?!  Jeez man you're high maintenance  :lol
I have 2 accounts and use them "Legally" as defined by Skuzzy. I mostly fly just this one now. Waiting on new MoBo for my 6-Core CPU. Trust me. I have had films of me sent in and calls have been made and it was stated that I do things on the "up and up". I actually was flying 4 accounts at one time at the same time a couple of years ago like Tunes does. Contrary to all belief, it is a task to keep watch on more than 1 at a time. P.S. I'm easy but I am very expensive! :O :x :O How else am I gonna pay for upgrades and multiple accounts? :rofl :D :rofl P.P.S. Aces High cost less than Wife Ack < :noid DOH! :noid >
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »
Up an SBD and kill stuff :banana: :airplane: :joystick: :banana: :bolt: :D :O

NOT

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson