Author Topic: weird joystick issues since update / mass disco  (Read 396 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
weird joystick issues since update / mass disco
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
CH Products full setup, but ever since one mass disco from LWO last night none of the buttons on my throttle work properly in AH. Everything was 100% fine and fully functional, then *poof* disco. Came back on and immediately noticed that the functions I had programmed to the throttle buttons were not working properly. AH was not recognizing the input from the programmable buttons and hat switches on the throttle when I went to "map controllers" on the clipboard. Everything still works fine on the joystick, and the actual throttle itself is recognized, but not the buttons while in "map controllers." I alt-tabbed out of AH and checked the CH software and all buttons and functions are working properly within the controller's software, but not AH. Oddly enough, while in-game, some of the buttons are completely dead, but some do seem to give input, but the game doesn't respond in the manner it did before the disco.

For example, I have the 3 buttons on the front of the throttle grip where your fingers rest programmed to toggle zoom, zoom in, and zoom out. Pressing and holding the button for 'toggle zoom' causes the gunsite to flash at high speed back and forth between no zoom and whatever amount of zoom is currently selected. Previously holding this button down did nothing other than toggle it once from zoomed to not zoomed, or vice versa. Pressing and releasing the toggle button would cause a brief flash back and forth and whether it zoomed or stayed at the default was unpredictable, about 80% of the time it stayed at default view and you had to press it 4 or 5 more times to get it to land on 'zoom.'  Pressing either of the other two buttons to zoom in or zoom out caused the view to go from wherever it was set to either full zoom in or full zoom out, even if the button was released immediately. No more zoom in or out til you get it where you want and stop, that can now only be accomplished by using [ and ]. Not exactly easy to do and use both hands for stick and throttle at same time. None of the other buttons on the throttle function in AH anymore, either in game or while in "map controllers."

Like I said, everything was 100% A.O.K. til the last mass disco from LWO last night about midnight EST, or thereabouts. It was when I logged back in everyhting was haywire. Of course I ended up frustrated and logged, hoping things would be different today. Nope. Has to be a game end problem I would assume since I changed or did nothing on my end to cause this to happen and everything was fine one minute then farked up the next after a mass disco, the same day as a major update.  :noid

Help? Ideas?

:joystick:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: weird joystick issues since update / mass disco
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »
well whatever was in the patch fixed the problem.  :aok
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:14:18 PM »
weird, my brothers system started doing the same thing you described after the patch yesterday..

he gets a screen on takeoff as if he's using a mouse for control, but he uses joystick..

flashing zoom, up view sticks, etc..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:28:38 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 06:38:01 PM »
oddly enough, snailman's remedy from this thread:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,288992.0.html

deleting winsize.cfg fixed my brother's system that had the weird apparent joystick behaviour..  the only reason I tried it is because he also had the symptom yesterday that snailman had.. the game was staying minimized on the taskbar...

:noid :noid :noid

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:39:48 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
Not sure if its related but crosshairs in gvs move down I have to continuously pull up on stick to maintain target.  Same in field gun.  And I belive its the same thing in aiplanes.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.