Author Topic: Suggestions...  (Read 1188 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Suggestions...
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »
Ah, ok...those are the ones I was referring to. Ya know, to be honest I have never been able to get them to work in any arena...they work great offline no problem.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 05:58:30 PM »
Welcome to AH and AvA Cheese!

I'm glad to hear that AvA is your kind of thing! We need all people we can get! Bring your friends, they will like it here too, I hope.

Where are you from? US or Europe? We could really use a couple of GMT players around here...

Btw, last time I saw a thread about padlock view I remember to read a trainers advice to never use it. It's a death trap. Also avoid using combat trim. It completely newters (spelling?) your plane.

Hope to meet you one of these days!

Cheers,
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/

Offline Cheese

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
Thanks Sparrow,

Actually, most of my ex-FA-squaddies are in the states, we do have one pilot from the UK, though. 

We are thinking of having a squad night this Saturday evening in AvA.  There are about 10 of us in somewhat various stages of transition to AH already.  So you guys should have a gaggle of geese to shoot at in there...LOL.

I have actually found padlock very useful in 1v1 or 1v2 battles, when used in conjunction with the hat switch views.  I'm sure in the MA I will probably migrate away from using it, but it's a nice help for us ex-FA'ers. 

However I think padlock would be MOST useful in AvA, due to the reasons I have stated above.

Thanks,

Cheese
Pigs on the Wing - Wing II
It's not Easy to be Cheesy!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 02:27:30 AM »
Very glad to hear that you are having a good time.  I am really looking forward to Saturday in hopes of getting to fly with some new targets... er I meant blood.  :neener:

Do you have an idea of what time?  Saturday is the only night that I don't have to leave at 9 pm EST for work.   :banana:

Offline Cheese

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »
Chilli,

Starts at 8pm EDT, but I think Mrs. Cheese has better plans for me Saturday night.  I may or may not be there, but some of my other squaddies should.

Cheese

Pigs on the Wing - Wing II
It's not Easy to be Cheesy!