Author Topic: Tank Destroyers and other Heavy Tanks  (Read 3027 times)

Offline xavrikx

• Zinc Member
Tank Destroyers and other Heavy Tanks
« on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
I have been playing Aces high since when it was just Tigers and Panzers. Those were the days where vast armies of Panzer IVs fought each other over bases, and the occasional Tiger made every cry.

With the evolution of Aces High and how it has accommodated more medium tanks and different countries It has been refreshing, playing on a whole new battle ground. But I feel it is still incomplete. My wish is that High Tech creations will look deeper into the ground combat of this brilliant game (not trying to kiss ass). To go more indepth I would love to see Tank Destroyers, and other heavy tanks to ream the battlefield.

A lot of people might say that the ground combat is balanced and there would be no reason to bring in more vehicles, but in all honesty, lets look at the air combat, there are quite a few fighters out there that can all do the same thing, with little to no difference other than plane and country.

Now I am not saying jump the ball, but let us see something along the lines of say...

Jagdpanzer
ISU-122
Stug IV
KV-1(Early war, but still great)
M-10
Jaghpanther(Oh dear god what a monster)
Panzer III (A bit of diversity on the axis side_

That is just naming a few, but still, I would like to see more. Please Hitech, take a look at this, give it some thought, give us KURSK!

If you feel this would be a well improvement, please /sign this post.

/sign

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank Destroyers and other Heavy Tanks
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »
M-18 :D

I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline xavrikx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:33:56 PM »
KV-1 :aok

Jagdpanther

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:36:36 PM by xavrikx »

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »
King Tiger

M-3 Stuart Tank

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 09:57:40 PM »
Didn't the Stug have a non-rotating turret? I'd be all for it but until tanks turn realistically that could be a rather large challenge.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline xavrikx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »
I'm loving the ideas being thrown out there guys! I just hope Hitech notices this.

I mean they did a wonderful job on the M4/75 and the 76.

And yes, the Stug, ISU-122, and Jagdpanther alike all had non-rotation turrets. They were meant to sit back in hulled down positions and fire. If you were hit by these bad boys, you were likely dead.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
I have been playing Aces high since when it was just Tigers and Panzers. Those were the days where vast armies of Panzer IVs fought each other over bases, and the occasional Tiger made every cry.

With the evolution of Aces High and how it has accommodated more medium tanks and different countries It has been refreshing, playing on a whole new battle ground. But I feel it is still incomplete. My wish is that High Tech creations will look deeper into the ground combat of this brilliant game (not trying to kiss ass). To go more indepth I would love to see Tank Destroyers, and other heavy tanks to ream the battlefield.

A lot of people might say that the ground combat is balanced and there would be no reason to bring in more vehicles, but in all honesty, lets look at the air combat, there are quite a few fighters out there that can all do the same thing, with little to no difference other than plane and country.

Now I am not saying jump the ball, but let us see something along the lines of say...

Jagdpanzer
ISU-122
Stug IV
M-10

That is just naming a few, but still, I would like to see more. Please Hitech, take a look at this, give it some thought, give us KURSK!

If you feel this would be a well improvement, please /sign this post.

/sign
Nice list, +1. (sign/)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
Didn't the Stug have a non-rotating turret? I'd be all for it but until tanks turn realistically that could be a rather large challenge.
most tanks in WWII could not do a rotation the way you think. what we have is almost completely realistic. Tigers had this form of movement. Im pretty sure out of all the GVs in our set the tiger should be the only one to rotate on its axis. SP guns such as the StugIV, StugIII, StuH, ISU-122, Jagdpanther, etc, would be great additions. StugsIII and IV actually only had 75mm cannons. the same cannon that the PnzrIVH had. IIRC these were not called non-rotating turrets due to the fact that they were NOT turrets :rolleyes: . They were also not meant to sit back hull down due to the fact that the HULL was the gun :rofl they were used as assault weapons along with PnzrIVs and IIIs.
These tanks need the special transmission allowing the opposite rotation of the tracks or i doubt we could use any of these. Either that or for the GVs that did not use this we still need to be allowed to brake one track while the other turned due to the fact that all armor of WWII could use one track while the other was stationary///
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:08:11 PM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline xavrikx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:58:33 PM »
321 couldn't of said it any better. Yes they were non-rotating turrets because the gun was indeed part of the hull; that being said I must disagree with the idea that they did not sit back hulled down. In most cases Anti-tank chassis such as the STUG IV and the Jagdpanzer, were used for ambushes. A proper idea for a STUG IV, camouflaged and  in the right position could easily stop and disarray an entire column.

However I enjoy the support for this notion. Lets hope we get notice fellow Cav.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 06:07:10 AM »
321 couldn't of said it any better. Yes they were non-rotating turrets because the gun was indeed part of the hull; that being said I must disagree with the idea that they did not sit back hulled down. In most cases Anti-tank chassis such as the STUG IV and the Jagdpanzer, were used for ambushes. A proper idea for a STUG IV, camouflaged and  in the right position could easily stop and disarray an entire column.

However I enjoy the support for this notion. Lets hope we get notice fellow Cav.
NOT turrets... and these were "Self Propelled Guns" that does not mean they were made for AT role only. although some such as the SU-122, Jagdtiger and Jagdpanther, and the Mardar III/IVs, and Hetzers (clever little buggers) were meant for the AT role, all were also very capable in other roles. But yes, most were best for ambushes (perfect for our game due to the defensive necessity of some bases). I used an M4A3 76mm and sat for a half hour to rack up 10 kills just by sitting next to a barn with a grove of trees to my right and hills to my rear ambushing anyone who rolled by my gun. I'd have loved to have done this in a hetzer tank or in a stugIV instead of the M4. I didnt need to turn my turret until my last kill actually
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline xavrikx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 09:17:23 AM »
Ahaaa what fun it is! Granted though the Self-propelled AT do have about a 75-90 degree gun movement. I just pray that Hitech creations will do such.

Also if it helps any, I'm currently in college and my major is Art Administration with a concentration in Digital and Media art. I've been graphic designing and  texturing since I was twelve years old. So, if ever you guys need help with textures with the Sods and skins, don't be afraid to ask, I'd love to help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 09:33:02 AM »
Ahaaa what fun it is! Granted though the Self-propelled AT do have about a 75-90 degree gun movement. I just pray that Hitech creations will do such.

Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Hetzer) had 16 degrees of total gun traverse. The Jagdpanther 22 degrees. The StuG III had 25 degrees.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »

Jagdpanzer
ISU-122
Stug IV
M-10

Instead the ISU-122:

Su-85

:rock
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline xavrikx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »
Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Hetzer) had 16 degrees of total gun traverse. The Jagdpanther 22 degrees. The StuG III had 25 degrees.

Shows how much I know about this. I bow to you sir!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 01:38:52 PM »
I don't know if the M-18 will ever be added.  If it is it will need to be massively perked.  AH's much less cluttered than reality, allow full road speed off road, terrain would be much too favorable to the M-18.

My personal preference is that it is never added.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-